• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Also this brings up an interesting point that many have mentioned: AFO still has his Mom’s Quirk even after everything he’s been through.

So it’s likely he does still have and is using his Prime self’s Quirks with the Rewind Drug. So he’s likely 6-B in attack potency.
Do we have any confirmation that AFO lost his Prime Quirks or anything like that?

There could be logic that he possessed them but couldn't use them due to his weakened body.

Him still having the very first Quirk he stole does support that line of thought.

By the way, a question that I still have, how is Shigaraki's reactive adaptation going? And have you seen any interesting verses with it at its maximum?

The maximum of Shigaraki's power until now was the moments in which he completed his 100% before Star gave him a nerf since by logic he could do what he already does
Or in the end if he ended up recovering the quiks like Afo said?

Do we have any confirmation that AFO lost his Prime Quirks or anything like that?

There could be logic that he possessed them but couldn't use them due to his weakened body.

Him still having the very first Quirk he stole does support that line of thought.
From what I understand, I passed all the quiks from the original afo to Shigaraki.
and this one kept his copy a little weaker, so technically they're not the originals, but he should have all the ones he didn't give to the nomus or the villains.
The doctor copied the afo and with it all the quiks, the damn doctor was a serious threat.

Last edited:

Not that I’ve found. Nothing that says he actually lost any Quirks, just that he’s using different ones which could be cause of the damage he took crippling his ability to use them. He should still have copies of his Quirks at the least.

Not that I’ve found. Nothing that says he actually lost any Quirks, just that he’s using different ones which could be cause of the damage he took crippling his ability to use them. He should still have copies of his Quirks at the least.
But now thanks to the rewind drug, he is back in his prime and remember Endeavor was shown training after All Mights retirement

I believe the source of this was in Kamino Raid.

In the current (official) scans I have, he states that he's unable to stock up as many as before.
So it denotes that he has less quirks, but nothing specifically about him losing any quirks from his Prime state.
I believe in the anime subtitles, he states that he did lose quirks, which is the source of this idea that he lost quirks from fighting All Might.

If someone really wants a confirmation, they can check the raw scans of Chapter 88.

In any case, it won't really matter much unless we get to confirm AFO can use most of his Prime self Quirks, and after that it would be a bigger letdown if we don't get to see them.

We really need that AFO vs All Might 1 too, though I doubt it will happen, but having a AFO flashback chapter is the closest we have to getting there. Especially if the next couple of chapters still focuses on AFO.

The 8-A in Shoto's profile irks me.
He already uses his fists less than Bakugo. Shouldn't we only cite his Quirk on his AP and just let the 8-A stats stay on the relevant parts where we can already find it, like Striking Strength/Durability?

It already annoys me that Shoto doesn't have relevant feats in the Endeavor Agency arc to put him conveniently on par with Bakugo and Todoroki in those stats.

The 8-A in Shoto's profile irks me.
He already uses his fists less than Bakugo. Shouldn't we only cite his Quirk on his AP and just let the 8-A stats stay on the relevant parts where we can already find it, like Striking Strength/Durability?

It already annoys me that Shoto doesn't have relevant feats in the Endeavor Agency arc to put him conveniently on par with Bakugo and Todoroki in those stats.
His Quirk lacks AP beyond Flashfreeze Heatwave. So he wouldn't have any other rating outside of that. He'd be 8-A with Flashfreeze Heatwave, doesn't really change anything.

Maybe changing in the future?

Also, I think you meant Izuku there and not Todoroki?

No, it was actually Nighteye who "wished" for a different future.

At least people can stop calling it plot armor now.

Or it's just another form of plot armor
Until now, the energy of wishes has only intervened in the future that he has seen and more specifically the deaths that he saw, since although the world wanted Toshinori to win, the only thing that was avoided was his death.

His Quirk lacks AP beyond Flashfreeze Heatwave. So he wouldn't have any other rating outside of that. He'd be 8-A with Flashfreeze Heatwave, doesn't really change anything.

Maybe changing in the future?

Also, I think you meant Izuku there and not Todoroki?
Yeah I ment Izuku.

I can't pull up stuff right now, but I'm quite certain that Shoto must have feats for Half-Cold Half-Hot somehow, even if it's 8-A. I just think it's more uniform as Shoto doesn't really fight with his fists primarily, similar to Bakugo. Especially since he annoyingly doesn't get much physical stats in the proceeding keys.

But if not, I guess it's fine as it is.

In my opinion:

Only using alive characters
1. Quirked up Shigaraki
2. Gearshift Deku
3. Prime All For One
4. Awakened Bakugou
5. Armored All Might
6. Baldr Tokoyami
7. Dabi
8. Shoto
9. Endeavor
10. Gigantomachia
I wonder if AFO states that Bakugo isn't as dangerous as Dark Shadow and Endeavor, meaning they're supposed to be taller than Bakugo, but if they're taller than Bakugo, that doesn't make sense considering both Endeavor and Dark Shadow need to group together to fight. with AFO to make it difficult for him to fight. But Bakugo alone can make AFO difficult to fight (Personally I think Bakugou > Endeavor and Dark Shadow)

Personally, I think
1. Quirked up Shigaraki
2. Gearshift Deku
3. Young AFO
4. Prime All Might
5. Bakugo
6. Star and Stripe
7. Dark Shadow (Tokoyami)
8. Shoto
9. Dabi
10. Endeavor

I'm just going by raw impact power. Who beats who or any special abilities aren't included in this, same is true with heat or whatever.

1: Overdrive Izuku
2: Complete Shigaraki (Current Izuku is on par or a close number 3 to Shigaraki, but I'm not having people show up twice on the list)
3: Rewind AFO
4: Prime All Might (Prime AFO is here or a close number 5)
5: Full Power Dark Shadow (It's kind of a toss up on how he compares to Prime All Might until we get more info)
6: Gigantomachia
7: Star and Stripe (I could see her overpowering Machia, but I'm uncertain)
8: Mirko
9: Dabi (Not including his suicide explosion)
10: Shoto (Endeavor and Shoto are basically on the same level with Flashfire Fist)

Bakugo isn't here because currently his blast are weaker than Endeavor, but I doubt they were that far behind. Bakugo is obviously getting stronger/faster as he learns how to properly use his new explosions, he can't control them right now and is still figuring this out. I have no doubt he'll be far stronger, but I won't speculate where he'll be.

I'd place Howitzer Impact: Cluster somewhere in the Top 5. Considering Shigaraki admitted it was fantastic and was why he needed to get rid of it.

Last edited:
I'm wondering about the Top 10 strongest characters in MHA right now. Can anyone put them in order?
Based on my opinion on vsbattle where their an actual scaling chain, it would go like this for me:

● Quirked Shigaraki

● Gear Shift Deku

● Prime All Might

● Rewind Afo (few mins during tokoyami fight)

● Shoto

● Bakugo

● Dabi

● Endeavor

● Star n Stripes

● Tokoyami

My opinion in Comicvine are like:

● Quirked Shigaraki

● Gear Shift Deku

● Prime Might

● Rewind AFO (few mins)

● Phosphor Shoto

● Phosphor Dabi

● Endeavor

● Full Body Cluster Bakugo

● Star n Stripes

● Tokoyami

Bakugo is that low in my second poll because he seems to be fighting the weakest and non tactical version of afo.

284x FTL MHA go brrr:
There's no way in hell that's getting accepted.

That's definetly not getting accepted. We dont accept Aoyama's Navel Laser being light speed and also calc stacking

284x FTL MHA go brrr:
It was so bad that it got deleted.

284x FTL MHA go brrr:
I've been actually working on calcing this correctly this past 2 days. And meeting the site standards.

AFO would have to be aware of Bakugo before he moved for this to count as a blitz. However, we see AFO isn't even looking in Bakugo's direction before he moves. The next time he's looking forward Bakugo has already been thrown by Izuku and has traveled a long distance already.

So it's 100% impossible to calculate this feat by assuming he blitz AFO from the full distance, because he did not do that.

You also can't use the time frozen method either since AFO isn't going all-out. He's very clearly going slow and taking his time with ripping All Might in half. Multiple times pass we see normal people react and are aware of AFO ripping All Might (With visible blood), all before Bakugo even shows up.

Multiple seconds clearly pass by before Bakugo shows up, meaning AFO is going slow.

284x FTL MHA go brrr:
You can easily get this to like 20 thousand times ftl btw, but it's done using non-accepted feats so there's no point in putting that here. It'll most likely come out as barely ftl or ftl+ on here if we're lucky.

AFO would have to be aware of Bakugo before he moved for this to count as a blitz. However, we see AFO isn't even looking in Bakugo's direction before he moves. The next time he's looking forward Bakugo has already been thrown by Izuku and has traveled a long distance already.

So it's 100% impossible to calculate this feat by assuming he blitz AFO from the full distance, because he did not do that.

You also can't use the time frozen method either since AFO isn't going all-out. He's very clearly going slow and taking his time with ripping All Might in half. Multiple seconds pass by where we see normal people react and are aware of AFO ripping All Might (With visible blood), all before Bakugo even shows up.

Multiple seconds clearly pass by before Bakugo shows up, meaning AFO is going slow.
Are you arguing that AFO wasn't looking forward? Because the range wouldn't be a problem for AFO, he was able to notice gentle criminal bellow UA from that same distance. AFO was also able to hear Gentle Criminal from that distance, so I think saying he just hadn't noticed Bakugo isn't fair, especially with the display he made. I think a reaction speed blitz calc using the entire distance is perfectly reasonable and usable. If you think the end result is an outlier that's fine but that's a different argument and we'll have to wait and see for the calc to be done right which I'm currently working on. As far as I can tell it will at best be only barely ftl. If not lower.

Are you arguing that AFO wasn't looking forward?
He wasn't looking forward before Bakugo moved. In order for us to say he blitzed AFO when Izuku used Gearshift on him, we need proof that AFO was aware and watching Bakugo beforehand. However, he wasn't looking towards or was shown to notice Bakugo at all.

The only time he's shown afterward is when Bakugo has already traveled a very far distance. All For One does appear to be looking towards him a bit, but right now Bakugo is much closer to him. The reason he needs to be aware before the movement is because getting caught off guard massively effects a person's reactions.

As such, we cannot say Bakugo's Gearshift boost blitzed AFO from the full distance away.

Back