• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Yo, imma be honest, the stuff with edgeshot was kinda ass, but Hori's kinda winning me over with that i aint gon lie, recent chapters kinda gas

Like honestly ive never been that much of a fan of bakugo but the parallels of bakugo saving all might with past events is kinda peak fiction.

W

Bakugou helping save him was cool but I hope that All Might still dies, villains suffering a flawless victory in the final arc would be kinda mid.

I’m fine with All Might living tbh, nice supversion.

Dabi still being alive tho is inexcusable. Toga’ll be killed off cause of some blood loss but Dabi can literal eviscerate all liquid within his body and still be kicking. Wild.
Bro really is just built different, apparently

Okay idk if I missed them somewhere but wtf happened to Snipe, or that Phantom dude. I feel like they just vanished but its been a minute since Ive seen them.

Turns out Edgeshot is still alive even after sacrificing his body to heal Bakugou

Don’t know why I keep expecting Horikoshi to make decent decisions in the manga when he just disappoints every time
I see him very dead, saying some last words, the guy is literally a small homunculus
probably not but who knows

Man, this chapter is really good. Bakugo being AFO’s final boss, facing off and saving AM, essentially proving that AFO will be defeated by those that he considers “side characters” and that he was never the real demon lord he thought he was. Bakugo bout to smack him do-

Sees mini-Edgeshot who is still alive

….

….

How could this happen to me?
I've made my mistakes
Got nowhere to run
The night goes on as I'm fading away
I'm sick of this life
I just wanna scream, "How could this happen to me?"

Man, this chapter is really good. Bakugo being AFO’s final boss, facing off and saving AM, essentially proving that AFO will be defeated by those that he considers “side characters” and that he was never the real demon lord he thought he was. Bakugo bout to smack him do-

….

….

I've made my mistakes
Got nowhere to run
I'm sick of this life
That feeling when it's all over for any tension that I still felt from this arc because even Edgeshot has the Side of Good death immunity quirk

….

….

I've made my mistakes
Got nowhere to run
I'm sick of this life
And then there’s me who can’t give a shit if Edgeshot is alive or not.

though I fully expected this might happen, as Edgeshot is both taller than and wider then bakugou, so he’d have more body mass, and he’d only have to give up enough thread to repair the hole in his body, even if he had to remake the entire heart, it’d only be the size of his fist. Of course I can still understand why people are upset about this because it feels like stakes died halfway through

Not even a Edgeshot fan or anything but I finally get what people mean when they say the manga is Mickey Mouse. Only character that seemingly died in this catastrophic war is Toga (which is still unconfirmed btw, so Hori could be doing another asspull)

Not even a Edgeshot fan or anything but I finally get what people mean when they say the manga is Mickey Mouse. Only character that seemingly died in this catastrophic war is Toga (which is still unconfirmed btw, so Hori could be doing another asspull)
I don't know what these people are going on about because Disney killed Mufasa and I'm not going to pretend that it never happened
That mouse is a killer, he just pretends that he's nice.

Ok I re-read everything with proper pages and honestly Edgeshot seems like he’s still gonna die. He just got help at the last possible second for Bakugo to actually come back, bro has lost 99% of his mass. If he survives THAT then I’ll be upset, but he seems to be on the fast track to death still. Bakugo coming back because of his Quirk’s evolution allowing his new sweat to explode inside him as a makeshift defibrillator is fine since Edgeshot did basically all the work and it wouldn’t have mattered without that.

Now that I’m past that, BAKUGO IS ABOUT TO BEAT AFO’S ASS LETS GOOOOOO!!! Him blitzing to AFO when he turns his back and slapping him to the ground while calling himself “AFO’s final boss” is some peak, Bakugo finally gets to make up for everything and it’s by stopping AFO here.

AFO is gonna get his ass kicked by every character possible except for Deku. Everything he’s been through, every fight, every setback, has led him here. To Bakugo blocking him off. The final boss of his goal.

Bakugo is about to beat AFO’s ass in 4k to everyone around the world, this might be the most humiliating thing AFO will ever experience in his entire life. Reduced to a child and getting beat up in front of the whole world by a “side character.” So much for everyone being scared of the “Demon Lord.”

Ok I re-read everything with proper pages and honestly Edgeshot seems like he’s still gonna die. He just got help at the last possible second for Bakugo to actually come back, bro has lost 99% of his mass. If he survives THAT then I’ll be upset, but he seems to be on the fast track to death still. Bakugo coming back because of his Quirk’s evolution allowing his new sweat to explode inside him as a makeshift defibrillator is fine since Edgeshot did basically all the work and it wouldn’t have mattered without that.

Now that I’m past that, BAKUGO IS ABOUT TO BEAT AFO’S ASS LETS GOOOOOO!!! Him blitzing to AFO when he turns his back and slapping him to the ground while calling himself “AFO’s final boss” is some peak, Bakugo finally gets to make up for everything and it’s by stopping AFO here.

AFO is gonna get his ass kicked by every character possible except for Deku. Everything he’s been through, every fight, every setback, has led him here. To Bakugo blocking him off. The final boss of his goal.
What happened to people theorizing that AfO is Deku's father

What happened to people theorizing that AfO is Deku's father
He started de-aging and looked nothing like Deku in any stage of his life. His face being hidden was the main thing holding the theory together but now we’ve seen it and he looks nothing like him. Not to mention basically every single moment where he could have said “yeah I’m Izuku Midoriya’s dad” has been passed, cause there’s no world where he doesn’t say that to AM in their final fight just as he’s gonna die.

Only way he’s his dad now is if even AFO doesn’t know.

He started de-aging and looked nothing like Deku in any stage of his life. His face being hidden was the main thing holding the theory together but now we’ve seen it and he looks nothing like him. Not to mention basically every single moment where he could have said “yeah I’m Izuku Midoriya’s dad” has been passed, cause there’s no world where he doesn’t say that to AM in their final fight just as he’s gonna die.

Only way he’s his dad now is if even AFO doesn’t know.
Deku...who even knows if I'm your father? — Roast for One, the villain who never paid child support.

Spoilers for next chapter.
ouGH5nx_d.webp

Bakugo blitzed AFO again and this time without Gear Shift. The distance might have been shorter, but Bakugo outright grabbed AFO's face and gave him a point blank explosion without him being able to react.

Bakugo blitzed AFO again and this time without Gear Shift. The distance might have been shorter, but Bakugo outright grabbed AFO's face and gave him a point blank explosion without him being able to react.
To be fair, All For One wasn't even looking in Bakugo's direction this time.

Last edited:
I have to say that I don't give a flying **** about whether Edgeshot dies or not at this point. He's not really a character that I would care enough about in general when it comes to this. His fate is inconsequential to my experience of the story just like his friendship with Best Jeanist that was only introduced to give his stoy a bit more sap in it.

I have to say that I don't give a flying **** about whether Edgeshot dies or not at this point. He's not really a character that I would care enough about in general when it comes to this. His fate is inconsequential to my experience of the story just like his friendship with Best Jeanist that was only introduced to give his stoy a bit more sap in it.
Don't think anyone cares about Edgeshot. But if Horikoshi doesn't have the guts to kill someone as irrelevant as he is in the final war, then any tension that this arc had left died in his stead. That's a much more substantial thing dying.

Back