• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

i mean its still possible we see more of the news coverage for the storm dispersal like how we've been getting updates on it prior at worst though it should still be tier 6

anywho damn we're really wrapping it up what a journey

It looks like MHA is finally gonna reach its end.

Is there any other plot points it needs to cover before it ends?

Last edited:
My hope is that he gets AFO too without the vestige. It just seems fitting that Deku becomes the user of "All For One and One For All", and he can use its power to help so many issues in hero society.

I was thinking the same, because Yoichi directly says to AFO “If you hadn’t been so evil, and wanted only to take, your Quirk could’ve been the kindest Quirk.”

I am back.
My reaction on Continental No Cloud Split feat -

dragon-ball-super-broly-broly.png

Well it is what it is. When it comes to scaling always bet on the on the movies, so movie 4 it is. Aside from that it was a pretty good ending. Not exactly the best but good. Dunno how to feel about Izuku empathizing with AFO. Because I thought there would be atleast somewhere he would draw the line. I wonder how he would react to Griffith or Homelander. Shiggy got his revenge. The fight is over.

Episode 2 was great. Absolute Gas, they toned the gore but the quirk implosion still looked painful as hell. Great Animation, the vestige rampage part was epic.

I am back.
My reaction on Continental No Cloud Split feat -

dragon-ball-super-broly-broly.png

Well it is what it is. When it comes to scaling always bet on the on the movies, so movie 4 it is. Aside from that it was a pretty good ending. Not exactly the best but good. Dunno how to feel about Izuku empathizing with AFO. Because I thought there would be atleast somewhere he would draw the line. I wonder how he would react to Griffith or Homelander. Shiggy got his revenge. The fight is over.
nah Izuku basically told AFO that he ain't shit, just a lonely ass regular human lol. Anyways AFO said he can transfer AFO to someone and his vestige can take over them, basically granting him immortality

AFO being overwhelmed by all of the Danger Sense warnings, so Izuku's own attack was hidden. And he was unable to notice that his own body had been considerably weakened as well. As such, he cannot handle the combined power of One For All + All For One.

The AFO vestige does indeed have Type 6 Immortality, unlike the real AFO. Since the vestige will transfer with the Quirk and can take over that person's body.

Shiragiri ends up warping between Izuku and All For Shiggy, like during the USJ Arc. Heck, Bakugo even stops him as well. Man cannot use his other hand so he blast the Warp Gate away by using a mouth explosion. Also, can I point out that Bakugo had to travel that 100 km distance in that broken state?

Yep, one final confrontation inside of the vestige world. The remnants of OFA still exist somewhat, awakened by Izuku's power. Yoichi regrets being unable to guide AFO down the proper path, but Izuku has given them a chance to end it all. All of the other vestiges, Izuku, and Tomura all punch through AFO.

Completely destroying him.

Tomura survived this long because Nana protected him from being fully erased by AFO. Kurokumo appears to be dead, he was breaking apart last chapter and now we get a shot of his pieces just falling away as Tomura thinks of him. Tomura admits to being that crying child.

He ask Izuku to give Spinner a message, how he fought until the end to destroy. With Izuku telling him that he did destroy what he needed to.

Tomura's body is destroyed and reduce to dust. With a notice that there will be a break next week, so two weeks until the next chapter comes up.

Great to see Kurogiri/Shirakumo still show care towards Tomura even at the end.

And, I'm still not sold on Izuku being powerless. Interesting to note that Shinomori didn't pop up here. Not only that but AFO was reaching out towards Izuku to transfer himself into his body and Izuku did touch his open palm with his fist. That's probably how Izuku got inside the vestige world in the first place in all honesty.

Something could've happened here without Izuku realizing it yet. The first rule of any series, it's not over until it's over.

Though Tomura and All For One are both without question, dead. I find it funny some people actually expected Tomura to not die. As if he'd live his entire life locked away in a prison cell, that can somehow contain him. He himself said it, he wasn't going to stop even if all of his problems disappeared.

Izuku at the very least gave Tomura the closure he needed, and finally understands exactly why Tomura became this way. While this is the ending of the manga, it's the beginning of real chance in this world. A world where people who suffered like Tomura, Dabi, and Toga can no longer be born.

It's why Tomura couldn't destroy Izuku's hand at the end, because he isn't what he wants to destroy. He's the helping hand he never received but always wanted.

I can easily see Tomura transferring something back into Izuku in the end there.
Another excellent chapter by Horikoshi. And it seems we're finally going to be wrapping everything up soon.

I imagine only one handful of chapters left.

That final panel reminds me so much of that shot of SSJ3 Goku in wrath of the dragon after winning the fight.
See, I thought the EXACT same thing. Especially because in the ENG Dub of the movie, (which Hori obviously didn’t watch, mind you, but the comparison can’t be helped when it fits), re-wrote that Hirudegarn’s weakness, that solidifies his physical form, is “powerful emotion.” Which is literally the embodiment of that moment—Deku’s emotion reaches out and awakens the Vestiges within, solidifying AFO within that Subconscious world and making it possible to kill him, preventing revival through transfer. Then with a powerful attack from the heart, affecting him from without and within, Deku (and Goku) pierce through and totally destroy their enemy, clearing the skies of all their foul evil and corruption—Shining a bright day on the future, and standing for a better tomorrow.

Last edited:
That will likely depending on how all of this ends.

I think it's a bit too soon to make a key, though it should be used as justification for his OFA self.

His Embers would just scale to whatever he had normally, without the extra Quirks. Just like how we saw it in Heroes Rising.

OH ok this is easy and simple. Pretty much Deku would be the new generation holder of OFA (just like how it was with Korra) so Deku is gonna have to restart training the embers to become something strong like how it was beforehand. But if I’m correct, was Deku here still using the strength of OFA?

This also confirms that no one was suppose to hold a candle to AFO. The reason why cause of everything that was happening to his body

Current it's been stated that Izuku is Quirkless like All Might was after he passed OFA to Izuku.

Izuku only has the Embers of OFA left like All Might does, but gets weaker and weaker anytime it's used.

If this sticks, Izuku will become powerless or is already powerless. Maybe those last punches had everything he had to offer.

I love how this chapter recontextualizes how Deku beat Shigaraki. Because he destroyed the hatred within Shigaraki during their battle of wills and Shigaraki’s soul was breaking, Decay and Hyper Regeneration were destroyed and Shigaraki’s body was severely weakened to the point that it was practically unusable. Deku basically made it so Shigaraki really couldn’t fight anymore. So he basically would have won without killing Shigaraki in that moment. But of course AFO ruined that. But Deku did fully beat Shigaraki and Kudo’s plan did work.

Pretty sure it’s confirmed Deku got a fusion of the two.

AFO was hard thinking to pass on his Quirk, even claiming Deku is a suitable vessel since he’s currently Quirkless with just the embers. He then made contact with Deku via his hole hand, and Deku was pushing his embers forward for the last hit that collided with him. That pulls AFO’s vestige and Yoichi’s vestige together, where Yoichi says that Deku adjusted his punch transfers enough that little bits of the users remained. He’s trying to “complete” One for All, “as we were meant to be.”

He still has the lightning sparks of OFA while he’s in the sky, and there’s the shot of his and Tenko’s hands touching with blood. Everything seems to be pointing to him getting OFA and AFO, seemingly set up from Yoichi’s claim that “he couldn’t guide his brother,” and “the power to give and take could’ve been the kindest power.”

Only thing I’m wondering is whether this would also transfer any of the other Quirks within AFO or is it just the strength and the ability to take and give.

Only thing I’m wondering is whether this would also transfer any of the other Quirks within AFO or is it just the strength and the ability to take and give.
One thing I’ve been wondering is how do new Quirks interact with OFA? The stockpile enhanced Quirks beyond their true power they had in life—It’s established countless times. That should mean—At least, logically, when Deku retakes OFA as the Tenth User and combines it with AFO, that the quirks added to OFA being enriched by that power should massively enhanced. AFO even implies it against Stars and Stripes.

So Deku’s AFO should be superior to ShigAFO’s. His Super Regeneration, if he got it, (hypothetically), should be superior to what we’ve previously seen. Same with things like Life Force—It should make Deku’s version far more potent than AFO’s or Garaki’s. Etc. Etc.

If that’s the case, Deku IS, just as Naruto is a metaphorical true messiah in comparison (as the Jinchuuriki to all 9 Tailed Beasts, but separate) to mirror the 10 Tails, Deku is the metaphorical parallel to the very concept of Singularity. Multiple generations and Quirks, over time, being constantly empowered as power stockpiles/life passes, but instead of leading to the end, Deku would lead the world to a brighter, more hopeful future.

I’d argue he already was, as just like QDT the power of OFA was going to go out of control and lead to the end of the Quirk holder, as QDT predicted what would happen with normal Quirks, but even MORESO now.

Pretty sure it’s confirmed Deku got a fusion of the two.

AFO was hard thinking to pass on his Quirk, even claiming Deku is a suitable vessel since he’s currently Quirkless with just the embers. He then made contact with Deku via his hole hand, and Deku was pushing his embers forward for the last hit that collided with him. That pulls AFO’s vestige and Yoichi’s vestige together, where Yoichi says that Deku adjusted his punch transfers enough that little bits of the users remained. He’s trying to “complete” One for All, “as we were meant to be.”

He still has the lightning sparks of OFA while he’s in the sky, and there’s the shot of his and Tenko’s hands touching with blood. Everything seems to be pointing to him getting OFA and AFO, seemingly set up from Yoichi’s claim that “he couldn’t guide his brother,” and “the power to give and take could’ve been the kindest power.”

From Quirkless to either quirkless again or with the most quirks in the world

One thing I’ve been wondering is how do new Quirks interact with OFA? The stockpile enhanced Quirks beyond their true power they had in life—It’s established countless times. That should mean—At least, logically, when Deku retakes OFA as the Tenth User and combines it with AFO, that the quirks added to OFA being enriched by that power should massively enhanced. AFO even implies it against Stars and Stripes.

So Deku’s AFO should be superior to ShigAFO’s. His Super Regeneration, if he got it, (hypothetically), should be superior to what we’ve previously seen. Same with things like Life Force—It should make Deku’s version far more potent than AFO’s or Garaki’s. Etc. Etc.

If that’s the case, Deku IS, just as Naruto is a metaphorical true messiah in comparison (as the Jinchuuriki to all 9 Tailed Beasts, but separate) to mirror the 10 Tails, Deku is the metaphorical parallel to the very concept of Singularity. Multiple generations and Quirks, over time, being constantly empowered as power stockpiles/life passes, but instead of leading to the end, Deku would lead the world to a brighter, more hopeful future.

I’d argue he already was, as just like QDT the power of OFA was going to go out of control and lead to the end of the Quirk holder, as QDT predicted what would happen with normal Quirks, but even MORESO now.
I can only imagine how OP he could possibly be if he did get it all.

Hey guys, what popular anime verse do you think is the most downplayed (both by other fandoms and their own fans)

Hey guys, what popular anime verse do you think is the most downplayed (both by other fandoms and their own fans)
Most of them. Honestly, the one I've seen with the least consistent downplay is Bleach, since Hill Level was just a meme.

That said, the most consistent downplays I've seen are in One Piece. A bunch of people literally don't believe the Straw Hats have gotten stronger, and I've seen Gear 2nd Luffy described as only being Supersonic by someone who believes that as well.

Back