• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia: Star and Stripe's Profile

Therefir

VS Battles
Content Moderator
Calculation Group
The purpose of this thread is to discuss if there are any mistakes or anything else to add in the profile of Star and Stripe, as we haven't yet agreed on exactly how her Quirk works and what it can do.

The name of her profile should be changed as well, now that we know her true name: "Cathleen Bate (Star and Stripe)".

Last edited:
Yes I have some questions. First off, since she tried to make a rule to prevent her from decaying. Could we assume she can have resistance to decay with New Order, since it looks like she tried to make the rule after her Quirk was stolen which is why it didn't work.

But what she says afterward confuses me. "I'm done for... It exceeded the cap... of my endurance boost." What does this line even mean?

But what she says afterward confuses me. "I'm done for... It exceeded the cap... of my endurance boost." What does this line even mean?

Star and Stripe has a limit to how much she can power herself up.

So just like how she can't make herself All Might level in terms of strength, she can't increase her endurance/durability to the point where she won't decay.

I kind of wish they had her say it before he took her Quirk. Cause I don't confused on why her rule would take effect, if he had already taken her Quirk before she said it.

Her intelligent section shouldn't be gifted, first off she didn't trick Shigaraki into taking it. She did the best she could when her planned fail, she didn't plan this out or something. And while she is the No.1 Hero and has military training, I don't believe that is enough for a gifted rating.

Above Average should be fine, unless I'm missing something. Also in versus threads, I do believe we should just stick with what she has shown to do. And not make any assumptions about what rule she can apply. Like saying she can make a rule that lets her fly, it might be possible, but we shouldn't assume it.

Is there anything about how her power is described that anyone would change or maybe add to?

Yes I have some questions. First off, since she tried to make a rule to prevent her from decaying. Could we assume she can have resistance to decay with New Order, since it looks like she tried to make the rule after her Quirk was stolen which is why it didn't work.

I don't think that's grounds to give her resistance. It would just be covered under her law manipulation

From what it sounds like she couldn't stop decay with New Order, so it wouldn't even be resistance.

Though why wouldn't it be resistance if she did stop it? She said she wouldn't decay, and she didn't.

As Damage said, her Quirk wasn't powerful enough to make herself resistant to Shigaraki's Decay.

But I guess this implies that stronger and most durable opponents would be able to resist Decay? I'm not sure.

From what it sounds like she couldn't stop decay with New Order, so it wouldn't even be resistance.

Though why wouldn't it be resistance if she did stop it? She said she wouldn't decay, and she didn't.
The reason why I say that is because its not something she naturally has, its something she'd have to give to herself. It seems like she wasn't able to stop the decay because it was taken before she could give that order.

Her intelligent section shouldn't be gifted, first off she didn't trick Shigaraki into taking it. She did the best she could when her planned fail, she didn't plan this out or something. And while she is the No.1 Hero and has military training, I don't believe that is enough for a gifted rating.

Above Average should be fine, unless I'm missing something.
Wait, according to All For One she has been the one keeping international criminal organizations in check, and that would require more than just a powerful Quirk.

The reason why I say that is because its not something she naturally has, its something she'd have to give to herself. It seems like she wasn't able to stop the decay because it was taken before she could give that order.
Yeah, but most of her abilities are not natural.

Are you saying she should have most of her abilities removed?

Wait, according to All For One she has been the one keeping international criminal organizations in check, and that would require more than just a powerful Quirk.
I don't see why that'd make her intelligence gifted, can you give an example on why it should be?

Yeah, but most of her abilities are not natural.

Are you saying she should have most of her abilities removed?
Not really, more that they should all just fall under her law manipulation. Which the profile doesn't really display. Like techincally, her profile would make more sense as being Law Manipulation and other power's she shown with that law manipulation.

Not really, more that they should all just fall under her law manipulation. Which the profile doesn't really display. Like techincally, her profile would make more sense as being Law Manipulation and other power's she shown with that law manipulation.
I thought you meant that it wouldn't be resistance period. But that is what I meant though, when I said resistance with New Order.

But should her P&A section be changed, to make her abilities more clear or something?

I don't see why that'd make her intelligence gifted, can you give an example on why it should be?
She was able to create a rule that would revolt against other Quirks despite not fully knowing how AFO worked.

She was able to deduce that the missiles would not arrive in time and that the explosion of one of her teammates' fighter jet would not be enough to take out Shigaraki (even though this pilot was so sure of it), which is why she created that last rule in the first place.

All this requires a very high reasoning ability which is the requirement to be Gifted.

It makes no sense to me that America's most capable super hero is just above average, which makes her intelligence below that of mere students like Bakugo, who probably doesn't have a tenth of her experience and would obviously not be able to keep criminal organizations in check even with the power of New Order.

A just "Above Average" person would not be able to do all of this.

Last edited:
But should her P&A section be changed, to make her abilities more clear or something?
Could change it to:

Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Expert Hand-to-Hand Combatant (She is an extremely experienced Pro Hero whose purpose was to surpass All Might. Has received military training), Acrobatics (Capable of jumping between two jets, and avoid an attack from Shigaraki at the same time), Law Manipulation [After touching a target and saying its name, she can freely impose rules onto that target. This can grant her: Statistics Amplification (Can place a rule on herself that grants her super strength), Limited Existence Erasure (Was able to erase the air 100 meters in front of her out of existence), Energy Manipulation and Light Manipulation (Can make lasers solid, and combined several of them into one giant laser spear), Air Manipulation (Is able to shape the air into a giant construct of herself which mimics her movements), Large Size (Type 3 with Fist Bump To The Earth. Can shape the air into a construct of herself that is 1000 times bigger), Biological Manipulation (Can make a rule that stops the heart of her opponent if they break her condition), Power Modification (Added a rule to New Order that made it revolt against other Quirks, making it impossible to hold New Order and another ability) Power Modification (Added a rule to New Order that made it revolt against other Quirks, making it impossible to hold New Order), Resistance to Heat (Was able to take being hit by several lasers and took minor damage)]

Bolded the added bit.

She was able to create a rule that would revolt against other Quirks despite not fully knowing how AFO worked.

She was able to deduce that the missiles would not arrive in time and that the explosion of one of her teammates' fighter jet would not be enough to take out Shigaraki, which is why she created that rule in the first place.

All this requires a very high reasoning ability which is the requirement to be Gifted.
She knows that AFO can steal Quirks, I don't see why she needs to know anything more than that. Having New Order revolt against other Quirks isn't gifted in the slightest. She did it so New Order can't work alongside other Quirks, I don't see what you mean here.

The missiles not arriving on time, what do you mean? Do you mean her countdown, since she was able to countdown when they hit her hand despite not looking back at them?

@Damage3245: Looks good, though you have Power Modification on their twice.

I thought you meant that it wouldn't be resistance period. But that is what I meant though, when I said resistance with New Order.

I think so, it could look like this:
Law Manipulation (After touching a target and saying its name, she can freely impose rules onto that target. Can place a rule on herself that grants her super strength. Was able to erase the air 100 meters in front of her out of existence. Can make lasers solid, and combined several of them into one giant laser spear. Is able to shape the air into a giant construct of herself which mimics her movements. Can make a rule that stops the heart of her opponent if they break her condition)

Damage suggestion doesn't seem half bad though

Damage's suggestion should be fine.

I think being the Pro Hero N. 1 of one of the largest and most populated countries in the world would require a person with way more intelligence than just above average, especially when this person usually works independently. AFO also considers her a worthy adversary, and we already know how intelligent he is and how he tends to undervalue his enemies.

I think her current intelligence rating makes sense. As Therefir already argued, her status as the No. 1 hero in the United States and her ability to make quick-thinking decisions is definitely not something just above average. She's like the only person other than All Might who's managed to actually break All For One's composed demeanor with her intelligence and last-second rule.

This could actually be for another thread, but should All For One's intelligence rating be changed "from Gifted to Genius" to just "Genius"? He's already proven his intelligence to be far beyond anything that most heroes can match, creating a criminal empire that lasted for almost a century, instantly deducing the strengths and weaknesses of the Quirks of his opponents and making plans on-the-spot to instantly combat those Quirks. He's a clear mastermind.

Last edited:
I don't believe it needs invisibility, because Air Manipulation already covers it. She didn't make something invisible, just that air itself isn't visible.

Air Manipulation: "Since air cannot be seen by conventional methods, neither can the attacks and derivatives formed by/from it, making it an invisible and versatile weapon that is very difficult to block and dodge."

Wait a minute, Star can't see her Air Giant either. She didn't make a rule that'd let her see it yet she can accurately move it so that it hits Shigaraki.

She punched him just right and clapped him perfectly, despite not being able to see what she was moving. Not only that but she caught the missiles with it too, despite not even looking back at the missiles or being able to see her own air giant.

Am I mistaken or would this be an good intelligence/skill feat as well?

I stopped using it a long time ago but ok

should star have resistance to fear induction?
He did not flinch at the presence of Shigaraki who had already caused hallucinations of death
similar to all might that does not react to the overwhelming presence of AFO

Back