• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible MHA Downgrade

I was recently reminded about this but basically in this calc the radius of stars’s and stripes intercontinental cruise punch was calced to have a radius of 190 km. The problem with that is that in chapter 329 it was stated that shigaraki was 50km away from the shore which contradicts the calc radius of the explosion as it would have destroyed the land. This would also apply to the main calc since it uses the same measurement.

This is an arguments that @Metalballrun presented if that helps clear anything.
You can attempt to discuss this in the forum since it is an interesting topic.

How I interpreted this is that Shigaraki was first detected 50 kilometer from the "landing point". We don't know what this landing point is, whether it is in-land or in a separate, large sea vessel where the American hover jets can land, or even an island off the coast like Okuto.

The main point is that it's just where Shigaraki was first detected. He was likely traveling very quickly towards where Star and Stripe was, which was still hundreds of kilometers away as she was still just approaching the Japanese airspace moments before Tsukauchi called Endeavor.

Anyways, there doesn't seem to be any discussions being held here, so like I said, it's better to move it to the forum, I think.

This was discussed already as well.

She was 50 km away from her landing point, not 50 km away from Japan's coast.

Hawks states here that she's going to enter their air space soon, which extends far more than 50 km.
She was stated to be 50 km away from her landing point, which could be anywhere from an island or an air-craft carrier.

She was stated to be outside of Japan's air space, which extends for hundreds of kilometers. As I've linked above.

At no point was it ever stated she was 50 km away from the coast of Japan, just an unknown landing point.

Glad to see you ignored my comment and instead focused on that.

First off, the explosion is 8.42 kilometers in diameter. The cloud dispersion is what is 190 kilometers, so no, main land Japan or any islands in the area would not be affected by this even if she WAS 50 km away from it.

In the official manga, which you are not using but doesn’t matter since they say the same thing, Shigaraki is 50 km ahead of Star’s planned landing area. They claim that Star is not in Japan’s airspace the exact page before they say this, not even 30 seconds in-verse time having passed.

So Shigaraki is outside of their airspace or at the very border of it, and 50km behind him is the landing point. As Metal says, it could be an island or a large carrier ship, it does not have to mean (in fact it CANNOT mean) main land Japan, unless Horikoshi believes that 50 km into their airspace is when you hit mainland.

I’m not really seeing an argument here.

She was stated to be 50 km away from her landing point, which could be anywhere from an island or an air-craft carrier.

She was stated to be outside of Japan's air space, which extends for hundreds of kilometers. As I've linked above.

At no point was it ever stated she was 50 km away from the coast of Japan, just an unknown landing point.

Glad to see you ignored my comment and instead focused on that.
Don’t even know what your comment was so there’s nothing to ignore and if you read the rest of the post you’d see I literally quoted the exact same argument from someone else. Got an attitude for no reason.

Also that purpose of the thread was just to clear this up not really targeted to downgrade which is why I just brought up the response to the original point.

Both Rusty and Kingofwolves explained it very well, don't see an argument here. Disagreed.

Back