• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Little Pony FiM Revision Thread (Warning: Season 9 Spoilers) [Part 2]

Equestria has never been referred to as just a "planet"...One example could be seen in Friendships in Magic loosely:

[ Spike: "The Astro-nomina homina-what?" Twilight: You know, that really big old blue book on stars, moons, planets, the universe? Spike: Right. ] Discord's "All of Reality" statemen should be taken into account as All of Reality would only be on account of Equestria as he isn't aware of Equestria Girls Universe.

Especially in EqGs where they stated in Spring Breakdown:

Trixie Lulamoo: Why, hello, Rainbow Dash. If you're hoping for a glimpse of the ultimate power in the universe, you'll have to wait 'til tonight.
& Better Together
Twilight Sparkle: Oh, I'm so excited for my, uh... "hang-out" with Timber Spruce. First, we're gonna peruse the exhibit on gravitational fields for thirteen minutes. Then, we'll marvel at the vastness of the universe during the planetarium show. And finally, we'll enjoy...
But in the context of EqG during Rainbow Rocks they did state this:

Code:
 hate to burst your bubble, Twilight, but the connection between their world and Equestria will still be totally cut off for a super long time. Okay, first of all, if there was bubble blowing going on, why wasn't I told about it? And secondly, if the connection is totally cut off, how was Sunset Shimmer able to get a message to Twilight? Pinkie, you're a genius. Yeah, I get that a lot. Now about those bubbles. And the interval between the two points is defined as the square root of the sum of the squares of the separation between the points along three spatial dimensions
This directly insinuates through quantum mechanics that both are separate realities

Also while I'm on this subject, while Midnight's feat could be accepted as 3-A / Low 2-C [hoping for the later] , and part of it is to show Universal isn't inconsistent, this feat in particular wouldn't scale to anyone sans the EqG folks after Friendship Games, as they were already scaling > Discord and likely even the S2-S3 Elements in the First Movie, plus Equestria Girls doesn't really have any anti-feats as their elements got a lot stronger akin to the regular elements and no implications of cross scalng since the first movie, so as of Post-Rainbow Rocks they should scale to their own feats

This would affect: Daydream Shimmer [effortlessly reversed the feat in question from Midnight] / Post-Friendship Games Sunset [as due to using the same power w/ same amp as Sci-Twi she kept her power.

Was the term "both realities" or "universes" used, or just "worlds" when they were threatened with destruction?

It said worlds, but Everything I posted above means the context there implies realities, not merely planets or physocal celestial bodies... So the wording doesn't matter when they constantly used the term Universe in conjunction with the world a lot .

I do not notice any valid explicit proof of that.

They do outright use the world Universe judging from above, which other verses have been upgraded to a Universal tier based on similar context.

@Bowser-us Rarity is already likely 6-B. And where does 6-C come from? I know there were a couple calculations that reached that high, but I heard they were questioned.

@Medeus

So you think that the Elements, Rainbow Power, and possibly Discord should be upgraded then? And if so, to what?

Personally, I'm leaning towards the possibility of Low 2-C, but I'm waiting for someone like Ultima Reality to confirm it. I know he often said, "Collapsing Reality" to be blatantly Low 2-C.

I contacted him, but I don't think he's responded. He might be busy.

There are things I need to say:

1) Midnight's feat doesn't scale to the Elements as we know them from FiM. It is kind of like...

When something is canon one way but isn't the other way. Equestria Girls clearly references the canon of Mlp:FiM, but doesn't the other way around as nothing was referenced within MLP:FiM to scale them. We even had completely different Retcons of the Dazzlings in the movies as well , so it's safe to say that the feat doesn't scale to them and only Equestria Girls variant of Friendship is Magic.

However, we can use it to show reality is interpreted in some variants in the space time sense and to show consistency.

2) Are we assuming both to be separate realities / 2-C or just one. Because if the former it greatly increases the AP of those in the Low 2-C tier if this is accepted as legitimate.

Is it really one sided canon? Cause I'm pretty sure Equestria Girls is clearly canon to the show, Flash Sentry appears in the show as a cameo and the post credits scene from Friendship Games directly references the season 5 finale.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
@Bowser-us Rarity is already likely 6-B. And where does 6-C come from? I know there were a couple calculations that reached that high, but I heard they were questioned.
accidentally wrote C instead of B

What I am saying it references the events of the FiM story, but that doesn't always indicate it is canon. We've had examples of such before such as LoZ I'm sure. Plus even if it was canon (which it maybe and if is I'm sorry for the potential confusion) it honestly wouldn't scale to the FiM cast since there is no canon statements on where Midnight is in the hierarchy besides being unquantifiably > whom are unquantifiably > Discord, and the Geodes amp make it even more questionable where they would be at.

@The 2nd Existential Seed Your logic regarding the cannonicity of Equestria Girls and the MLP Show makes no sense to me. The Equestria Girls is completely canon to the show because it showcases numerous characters and scenes from the world of the show. Look at both the beginning and end of the first Equestria Girls movie. In addition to Midnight Sparkle creating portals which literally lead to the FiM world/story. Those are not just "references", like you are making them out to be, but they literally show that the Equestria Girls is heavily intertwined with the FiM. I can interpret the relationship no other way.

Didn't we have the Springbreak Breakdown which directly ties the MLP series, the MLP movie, and EQG? Even the finale shows Sunset Shimmer.

Okay. Hmm...To be Fair a hour I just rewatched the finale, did some more research, watched the shorts and can definitely confirm I was wrong on that part... So I apologize for any confusion from those who saw the opposite view.

I'm unsure how to treat their feat though. Not only is it Low 2-C on a scale that is unprecedented to the verse [essentially almost destroying 2-C but not 2-C which is why hey'd just be extremely into Low 2-C as a minimum], but the scaling would be too far above the norm to backscale it to the original Elements as of after Rainbow Rocks.

I feel like Post-Friendhsip Games Characters [Daydream, Midnight, Pony-Up Sunset / Twilight, Gloriossa, Geode Empowered Mane 8] should just be "Low 2-C" via scaling to Midnight / Daydream feat of almost destroying two Universes but shouldn't scale to the likes of Discord and Co since prior to that scale so far above most it is hard to really place them in the hierarchy so it's safer to not scale them to the feat ..

This isn't just someone comparable to the Elements / Magic of Friendship. though. We just don't have enough to scale them to Midnight's feat at all since the original Movie already was compared to the original Elements from the 2nd Season [meaning they started off stronger than the 1st Time the Elements were used] , and had three evolutions before Midnight performed the feat. So they got unquantifiably stronger than the Elements that defeated Discord.

Secondly we have no frame of reference on where they stand in Equestria's Realm after Rainbow Rocks. Nothing comparing them to the other Elements except for just referencing they exist. Saying "both worlds' Elements should be comparable throughout all time" is weird due to the fact thee isn't any that really indicates this honestly in EqG or FiM... Which is why I feel like after Rainbow Rocks we should just scale the EqG Characters who are heavily implied to scale to Midnight's feat.

So yeah regardless there isn't really any implication we can scale anyone non-EqG to the feat because... There isn't enough in either to really quantify them scaling to Midnight. I do agree that they are Low 2-C anyways due to Discord though., not via Twilight.

While we await the mods to respond to the Discord , can we discuss what to do about Midnight's feat and potentially apply that before dealing with Discord separately as the EqG's thing is a pretty easy fix that doesn't really involve Discord or the Elements?I'm working on a blog to show how a potential profile would be worded scaling to Midnight's feats and who'd scale [They are "At least Low 2-C" as they are stated as reversing the nigh-destruction of both realities, which each are likely separated by time and thusly 2-C, but since it didn't actually destroy both it's as close to 2-C as a Low 2-C can get... hence the Low 2-C] :

Antvasima said:
As Medeus mentioned, Discord should also really only scale to the Rainbow Power and maybe the Elements of Harmony. Other characters, with consistently enormously lower feats, presenting a problem for a 3-A character would have to be treated as plot-induced stupidity.
I don't get this. Just because other characters haven't shown similar feats, it doesn't mean they aren't stronger/comparable through scaling. Maybe the characters below him like the alicorns wouldn't be 3-A, but characters blatantly shown as stronger than him should be 3-A via basic power scaling. Especially Tirek and the PoS, as Tirek can only absorb if his raw power is comparable/greater to his victims, and the PoS withstood an attack from the EoH, something Discord certainly couldn't do.

Based on what we know so far, is the blog I mentioned above in the linked okay ? I did it since Midnight's feat was accepted above and it seems easier to do right now than the Discord stuff as that requires more input.

Also yeah High 4-C should've been implemented in the previous revision thread, but wasn't for unknown reasons although it was accepted previously so there is some comfort..

There's also one page that should be purged for obvious reasons. But not saying which one because spoilers.

I would greatly appreciate if somebody experienced other than Seed (who is nice enough himself, but prone to very hyperbolic interpretations) could matter-of-fact summarise what exactly happened in Equestria Girls that should scale the Elements of Harmony to Low 2-C or 2-C. If only the word "worlds" was used, I think that it seems more reasonable to interpret it as the planets than the entire universal space-time continuums.

Similarly, if all we have as a basis for Discord being 3-A are unproven statements, I think that "High 4-C, possibly 3-A" is the best that we can do.

I juat forgot to mention any other characters and forces being stronger than Discord. What is PoS?

Anyway, as I keep telling you all, nothing will happen here until we get more staff input. Why are everybody so unwilling to ask them as I told you to do.

Also, IDK if this helps or not, but in S9 E23, Discord said: "Ugh. It really is a curse having infinite powers. Everypony is always asking you to, 'Move a couch' or 'Help with a proposal'"

At this point, I'm fine with: At least High 4-C, possibly 3-A.

From some "Fabric of reality" statements and a "cosmos" statement from Pinkiepie.

Cosmos being defined as the universe.

Antvasima said:
Discord: "I'll be able to rip the very fabric of reality to save our friends."

Discord: "It would give you power over all reality."

Pinkie Pie: "I feel like I could transform the cosmos so everything is made of icing."
The first statement, ripping the fabric of reality is very vague and could mean anything from ripping a hole in space-time over a localized area such as a city, planet, solar system, galaxy etc. Assuming it to be the universe is really the assumption of the highest order without anything to go off of. For example, comic book characters often "rip the fabric of reality" but most of the times it turns out to be a hole in space-time of different magnitudes. Same with Goku Black and his clones.

The second statement is even more vague. Like what is the context behind it? "Power over all reality" could be interpreted as reality warping. It could also mean that the character would become powerful enough to rule over the universe, like how Freeza had the power over all of the galaxy. That didn't mean he was galaxy level.

The third statement sounds like reality warping too. But it also sounds like hype because the character is boasting about his own power. Is there anything else to support that claim? There are many claims like "I feel like I can do this and that" and only the few ones which make sense with the scaling, fit the narrative and are backed up by some extremely reliable characters for the sake of exposition are truly accepted. Others are either treated as hyperbole or aren't considered due to being insufficient for making such a change.

Back