• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Little Pony: Thread of Harmony

I am somewhat behind, but wasn't that rule made before certain events took place? I mean, a long time ago I know it was agreed IDW comics were to be separate continuity from the main series. But later after the show's conclusion, the official season 10 was in comic format and comics made later were canon. Not sure what happened to older comics of whether or not they ended up getting roped into the canon or if the statement was retconned. I know the 2-A upgrades came from more recent comics that showcased some canon backstories. But I forgot how much the continuity revisions went.

Though to my knowledge, the rewording looks good. But need input from those who have better memory or followed it more. But I could ask if the discussion rule might be outdated in general? Or if we need to remove it outright?
I think it should be removed outright tbh.
@Antvasima

I think that we need to modify the rule rather than remove it, as some of the comic book stories explicitly did contradict events within the main show, and the comments from official sources that stated that the comics are not canon also seem relevant in that regard.

I think that we need to modify the rule rather than remove it, as some of the comic book stories explicitly did contradict events within the main show, and the comments from official sources that stated that the comics are not canon also seem relevant in that regard.
Okay, I'll apply my rewrite if there's no objection.

That seems mostly fine to me, but I don't know about the others here.

Okay. So how should we modify that rule text then?

Okay. So should the rule in question be deleted then? Or should it be modified to only state that information from the comic books that has been retconned by the main tv shows should be ignored?

Okay. So should the rule in question be deleted then? Or should it be modified to only state that information from the comic books that has been retconned by the main tv shows should be ignored?
Oh, right, Forgot about this. There shouldn't be a need to modify the existing rule as it is on the MLP verse page. Calling the material "secondary canon" already implies that contradicted material should be ignored.

That said, however, in light of the changes we made to the comics over a year ago, the My Little Pony Discussion rule in the Discussion Rules is badly outdated. It needs to be either updated or deleted outright as it uses an old rule we got rid of some time ago.

That said, however, in light of the changes we made to the comics over a year ago, the My Little Pony Discussion rule in the Discussion Rules is badly outdated. It needs to be either updated or deleted outright as it uses an old rule we got rid of some time ago.
@Antvasima

I am open for suggestions regarding how to update that rule then.

Maybe just replace it with what we have on the MLPverse.
Do we really need that, though? I'd think that just having a note on the verse page would be enough if the discussion rule itself is outdated, as a discussion rule is only necessary for recurring problems, so unless the new interpretation we use has met as many problems as the old one, the rule ought to be removed without being replaced.

Do we really need that, though? I'd think that just having a note on the verse page would be enough if the discussion rule itself is outdated, as a discussion rule is only necessary for recurring problems, so unless the new interpretation we use has met as many problems as the old one, the rule ought to be removed without being replaced.
What sort of note?

@IdiosyncraticLawyer

This seems fine to me.

@IdiosyncraticLawyer

This seems fine to me.
Done.

Thank you. Is there anything left to do here, or should we close this thread?

My apologies. I have been trying to catch up with almost a 100 different revision threads today, so it is hard to keep proper track. 🙏

Please explain further. 🙏
For examples

Twilight's range:
"Tens of Kilometers with her magic (superior to Rarity) | Likely far higher, possibly Interplanetary (Should be comparable to Starswirl) | Thousands of Kilometers, Can stretch across an entire town with ease | Thousands of Kilometers, can teleport across an entire country with ease | Stellar, can move the sun and moon | Thousands of Kilometers, Was able to stretch across all of Equestria, a country-sized area | Standard Melee Range, with punches and kicks, Tens of Meters with magic"

It makes no sense why she would have less range in her stronger forms + the profiles need to mention the range for different abilities like their energy blast, teleporting, telekinesis

Also the powers and abilities are not up to date, the profiles stamina section is also outdated too

Yes. It definitely seems so. Are any of you willing to evaluate and make proper drafts for the required revisions?

Back