• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mythology Profile Standards

Also the pages you link list the places these legends originate from, so like... what?

"Desde hace mucho tiempo en los bosques misteriosos y en los pueblos entenebrecidos del centro y oriente de Colombia" states that the legend for La Mechuda originates from unspecified Eastern and Central Columbian folklore

and

"Desde tiempo inmemorial perdura en Colombia la leyenda del cazador fantasma" states that the Ghost Hunter legend originates from old Columbian folkore...

...what is your point regarding them?

Also the pages you link list the places these legends originate from, so like... what?

"Desde hace mucho tiempo en los bosques misteriosos y en los pueblos entenebrecidos del centro y oriente de Colombia" states that the legend for La Mechuda originates from unspecified Eastern and Central Columbian folklore

and

"Desde tiempo inmemorial perdura en Colombia la leyenda del cazador fantasma" states that the Ghost Hunter legend originates from old Columbian folkore...

...what is your point regarding them?
On that case these two are re-interpretations same as the rest of stories in the book.

I thought they were original myths from the book, as even if you search for info about them, you will find nothing, except for the info in this book.

Btw, when a reinterpretation is allowed?

Like I said some of the stories are TOTALLY different from the popular versions. There are even crossovers between stories...

Last edited:
Stuff which isn't a retelling for one, those aren't allowed because of unfair representation. Explicitly fiction material which isn't trying to add to the legend purposely is fine.

Also again the POPULAR version and there being other versions just draws the point how inconsistent legends are anyways.

@Antvasima yes, that'll be fine, sorry I misread the rule the first time

No problem. I have added the updated rules.

Last edited:
We now need to revise (not delete) our Mythology page so it mentions our new rules, has no power of the verse section, does not list links to any deleted profile pages, and does not list the names of any deities or otherwise that we have forbidden.

However, it is still useful to keep for listing members who know about mythology, as well as characters from old books based on mythology.

I still don't see a point in keeping the page btw, they basically have nothing relating them now

Anyhow I did it, so

Well, it is useful for having a verse page for the character profiles and somewhere that lists members who are knowledgeable about mythology. Otherwise it would be very hard to find either of them.

Anyway, I added our rules to the verse page.

I forgot that the Mythology category needs to be deleted and manually replaced with Epic Literature for the relevant pages listed in the relevant verse page:

We also need to decide how we should handle the blog posts and sub-categories that are indexed under it.

The same could also apply regarding on if the former verse page should still exist, on this thread it was deemed for it to be deleted by the staff that even started this in the first place, but (mainly) Ant and a few others preferred for it to stay only for the Supporters/Opponents/Neutral section, even if it's messy and outdated now out of most of the pages they formerly could have been knowledgeable on being deleted now.

This may have been concluded before for either way, but just pointing it out if anyone wants to push for either side further, as I'm sure many didn't get notified over Ant's thoughts on this.

Last edited:
Just replaced all the Mythology categories with Epic Literature.

As for blog posts, I've replaced those too - but I don't think that any blog post that is just a draft of a character should be categorized.

IMO there should be an all-encompassing category called "Drafts" that those blog posts get sorted under, and when a character is posted as a finished page, then they can get the other categories.

I'd say the OP still holds up. Instead of Zeus just go with "Zeus (Homer)" or make a profile for Epic Lit Zeus and divide it up based on relevant tales. A full on composite of stuff like Roman, Greek, or Egyptian mythology is going to lead to a bunch of issues otherwise.

Damage:

Thank you. I appreciate it.

The profile pages linked to in the Epic Literature page need to have the category added as well though.

I forgot that the Mythology category needs to be deleted and manually replaced with Epic Literature for the relevant pages listed in the relevant verse page:

We also need to decide how we should handle the blog posts and sub-categories that are indexed under it.
This
The same could also apply regarding on if the former verse page should still exist, on this thread it was deemed for it to be deleted by the staff that even started this in the first place, but (mainly) Ant and a few others preferred for it to stay only for the Supporters/Opponents/Neutral section, even if it's messy and outdated now out of most of the pages they formerly could have been knowledgeable on being deleted now.

This may have been concluded before for either way, but just pointing it out if anyone wants to push for either side further, as I'm sure many didn't get notified over Ant's thoughts on this.
And maybe this

We already talked about that it is very convenient for our visitors to find these types of mythological characters under a single verse page, and it will also turn extremely difficult for us to find knowledgeable members without it.

What makes this worthy of being an exception for an entire literary genre to get its own verse page beyond tradition? They have no connection whatsoever beyond that, as per the revision that was done they aren't even an actual verse, nor a company thing. Composite Human was "convenient" for many users and it got removed out of breaking standards. If the page is going to stay, it should have its own Editing Rule as otherwise some could push as well for verse pages for stuff like "Classic Cartoons", even though they would just go as a category at most, and the same should apply here as well if you ask me.

Knowledgeable members can also make their own verse pages for each case as mentioned before, right now it's messy and somewhat a double standard to have this verse page around. It's like the "composite character" issue we had but for a verse page, it just doesn't portray properly the power of each series out of being mixed up, plus the previously mentioned thing of the Supporters/Opponents/Neutral section being outdated, it doesn't help that they don't mention as to what segment in particular they cover either if we want to go there.

It will turn near impossible for our visitors to get a proper overview without a collective verse page, similar to Disney at the moment, and turn similarly impossible for me to know who to send notifications to regarding related subjects. As such, I would appreciate if you permanently stop constantly pestering me about deleting it. Convenience versus pointless and destructive inconvenience is a perfectly good validation.

If our members later start to create separate verse pages for the various classical mythology works, that is likely preferable, but for the moment, we do not have any available, so this is a considerably less bad option.

Sorry if this became annoying, but I was curious on the subject and was worried it it could be harmful in the long run, namely with the before-mentioned potential issues with verse pages for stuff such as "Classic Cartoons".

I guess the page can stay in that case if no one minds, although if that's the reason verse pages such as Disney stay, I guess maybe that could be specified further on the Editing Rules, but there's more important tasks here at the moment either way.

Okay. That is good. Thank you to him then.

No problem.

What about my earlier suggestion? All characters that exist just in blog posts should have their categories removed except for a new category called "Drafts".

Yes, blog post characters should not have any regular categories (except for the automatic blog posts one). I have continuously removed them when I have discovered them.

The same goes for sandboxes.

Thank you. Just make sure that they keep the blog posts category.

They will likely have to be given separate profiles.

Edit: I removed the reply because Ant already responded, but it's almost a case by case basis, even though different profiles would be always preferrable.
If they are connected, then a singular profile is good, multiple keys are needed if there are big differences between the character in the novels, like the tier or a different state/form etc...
We must be cautious though, the novels have to be explicity connected, something like the Odyssey being the direct sequel to the Illiad

Another example is the Aeneid.
It was written as a sequel to the Odyssey, but the author and the historical period in which it was made are different, so a different profile for the characters (even though I don't remember returning characters being present) is needed and cross-scaling is banned, if the reason for a specific statistic isn't referred even in the Aeneid.
To be more clear, if character A has reaction speed based con catching an arrow in the Odyssey, it can't have the same in his Aeneid profile, unless it is stated in the Aeneid itself that it caught the arrow in a previous instance.

Back