• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Namekian Regen

Promestein

Resurrection Lily
She/Her
VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired VSB Bureaucrat
Piccolo has Mid Regenerationn from regenerating after he was petrified and knocked down and partially shattered. This is apparently attributed to his head being undamaged, and him regenerating from that. (Besides, the Dragon Ball wiki says he regenerate from just his head, which would be Low-High, and is considerably more inconsistent and hard to believe).

The thing is, this seems wildly inconsistent with Piccolo's other regenerative feats and those of other Namekians.

• King Piccolo died when Goku flew threw his torso. His head was fine.
  • Piccolo died when Nappa hit him with an attack that fried his organs. While I doubt his head was fine, it wasn't any more damaged than any other part of his body.
  • Nail was going to die and Freeza really only slapped him around and didn't deal any major damage to his head.
Low-Mid seems more appropriate, though I would appreciate input.

I think its fine at mid it just seems connected to his stamina like if he took to much energy he wouldnt be able to regenerate. Also Demon King Piccolo died because he exploded for some reason after Goku went through him just like how the Cell juniors exploded after being dismembered by Gohan.

He didn't die because he exploded, he exploded because he died.

The Cell Juniors didn't explode in the manga, IIRC, only in the anime, as censoring. (In the manga, they burst into guts and organs).

From what I remember Goku went through him and the Piccolo spat up an egg then he exploded

Yes. Because he died. Not instantly, but he died because of that injury.

Exploding due to dying happens all the time in fiction.

Not in Dragon Ball and just because it happens in other fiction doesn't mean it instantly applies to Dragon Ball especially since we have seen menu people die in this show and they have not exploded after.

Yes, but it's baseless to assume Goku's technique made King Piccolo explode when there's no indication that that's why.

He was also dying anyways.

Yes of course he was gonna die he had a big hole in his stomach and would have blead to death since nemekian's need to active their regen it doesn't happen on its own. Yet the problem is people in dragon ball just don't explode when they die so it would be more logical that goku caused him to explode in my opinion though I'll admit its an assumption.

Even then iirc Piccolo said as long as his head survives he can regenerate, which he did it just seems if they lose to much of their energy they will die. Like if you chopped off his head instantly he could still regenerate because he still has energy but if you beat him down which only takes one hit from guys like friza or in Nappa's case blast the hell out of him he won't have the energy to use regenerate and will die from his injuries kinda like Lord Boris from OPM

Well, Piccolo is much stronger than other Namekians. If he has demonstrated a certain level of Regenerationn, I think that we should list it.

Back