• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I strongly disagree with a Naruto composite page. We have issues with composite pages already. Naruto also shouldn't get an anime profile. For the record, the Dragon Ball Z anime is far different as an adaptation than Naruto. Naruto anime adapted the manga almost perfectly, it just has filler arcs. Dragon Ball had far more liberties with the source material, to where the anime was quite different from the manga and even spawned it's own continuity (that's where DBGT comes from). They are not comparable in the slightest.

the naruto anime profile is going to be only for boruto based characters since it is likely boruto is diverging from the manga.

Hold on a sec...DBZ anime is also perfectly similar to manga just also has some fillers yet we created a profile for them so where is the logic of not being able to use a Naruto Anime profile????

I'm just saying that the Dragon Ball manga actually took way more liberties. Most of the Naruto liberties had nothing to do with the adapted material but with the original one, meaning games and movies and filler and etc.

Not saying I don't think this should be enough, just that the situation of Naruto's and DB's anime by itself is not the same.

Dbz's anime literally lead to an entire anime(GT)

Naruto's anime is the same with a few filler arcs

Wrath Of Itachi said:
The bleach anime ended at the end of the fullbring arc so I'm not sure it would be able to have an anime profile, and if it did it would be an incomplete one. I'm sure the one piece anime will have plenty of material for one. Also maybe it should depend on how much filler a series has, the Naruto anime has about 43% filler episodes.
Wrath Of Itachi is right, it would be incomplete. However, there is a lot of speculation and rumors for it coming back sometime this year or next year. We'll just have to wait and see

I see no need for a composite Profile.

It's only Boruto that has the vague canonicity to it and even then I think our system of using the anime and novels as supplementary stuff to the manga works generally well, sure not perfect but I see no reason a simple CRT wouldn't be able to clear things up.

Shadowbokunohero said:
I see no need for a composite Profile.
It's only Boruto that has the vague canonicity to it and even then I think our system of using the anime and novels as supplementary stuff to the manga works generally well, sure not perfect but I see no reason a simple CRT wouldn't be able to clear things up.
What about the movies? are any of them canon?

Shadowbokunohero said:
The Last Naruto is canon
Boruto movie was canon but got retconned
I mean these movies:

Naruto Shippuden the Movie: The Lost Tower

Naruto Shippuden the Movie: The Will of Fire

Naruto Shippuden the Movie: Bonds

Naruto Shippuden the Movie: Blood Prison

Road to Ninja: Naruto the Movie

Considering what Sera said, I think this could be concluded.

Naruto only made slight changes and has some bonus fillers, Dragon Ball has actually made a lot of changes in their scenes as mentioned above. And the fillers also do give characters different power levels, such as Goku in base form being above Super Perfect Cell while the Manga hasn't quite shown that big of a jump until Super. Naruto doesn't have many PL differences nor story differences from the Manga to Anime. Dragon Ball also has GT being canonically a sequal to the DBZ Anime and Toriyama has officially made the Dragon Ball Anime, Movies, and GT into one big ESU for Dragon Ball. Naruto doesn't quite have the same thing.

Just off of memory, naruto also has two new forms from the power arcs. And when I comes to power levels, I havent really looked much into the anime because I was waiting to see if the profile was approved or not. But from what I remember, 4-tailed naruto was able to fight 6th gate guy and Lee at the same time. And if the movies are accepted, then sage mode naruto would also be compatible to the bijuu. I'm sure there are far AP differences in the other arc.

Also, i was saying that Goku has a profile for his DBS manga and anime self. Which is what Naruto should also have.

The previous arcs are very different from one material to another. From the U6 Tournament the manga changed almost everything. It has different feats, scalings and abilities to support those continuities being separated.

For the record, I agree with having anime Naruto if the material is different enough, but I can't argue much about that since I dropped the anime for the most obvious reasons that might help giving credibility on this suggestion a ground to stand in.

Plus this supports my idea of anime Luffy because One Piece suffered almost the same thing Dragon Ball did. Damn Toei.

The Naruto anime has almost 50% filler which is almost 250 episodes of new arcs, characters, abilities, and scaling.

Anime Naruto has huge differences in battles and feats,do I need to mention Madara vs Shinobi alliance?Just look how different anime and manga are,the same goes for almost all battles.It has around 50% of filler episodes which have original characters,new feats,new story and let's not forget about movies.

Goku's Anime profile is the composite of movies and anime.I am pretty sure we can do the same with Naruto.

All arguments against this are false.

What do the rest of the staff members here think about the new arguments that have been brought up?

Dzhindzholia said:
Anime Naruto has huge differences in battles and feats,do I need to mention Madara vs Shinobi alliance?Just look how different anime and manga are,the same goes for almost all battles.It has around 50% of filler episodes which have original characters,new feats,new story and let's not forget about movies.

Goku's Anime profile is the composite of movies and anime.I am pretty sure we can do the same with Naruto.

All arguments against this are false.
You're misunderstanding Sera's argument. Look at The Buu Saga for example. In the manga, Kid Buu is only the most destructive of the Buus but in the anime he's the most powerful a huge difference along with Goku who in the manga is massively inferior to Ultimate Gohan is able to fight a perfect clone he never fought before in the manga and win. And Goku's Profile has the movies because they were proven canon to the anime with several movies being referenced(Cooler and Bojack appearing in GT and Fusion Reborn, PTETSS directly references Tree of Might, Lord Slug, Broly, and Cooler. Garlic Jr. returns from the Dead Zone again. Goku and Vegeta has become Gogeta before.) and canon to each other. Naruto doesn't have any events that massively influences the source material it adapts (For Example Naruto learns to do a combination justu with Gamatatsu but never ever uses it outside the Filler Arc.) and it doesn't show any signs of the movies being canon to it (Like per say no Kakashi vaugly remembering the events of The Lost Tower or any characters from the movies appearing.)

So,do we just throw fillers away?

For Example Naruto learns to do a combination justu with Gamatatsu but never ever uses it outside the Filler Arc

Because it was a filler and would make no sense in main story and for manga readers.

Dzhindzholia said:
So,do we just throw fillers away?

For Example Naruto learns to do a combination justu with Gamatatsu but never ever uses it outside the Filler Arc

Because it was a filler and would make no sense in main story and for manga readers.
No, It's simply that filler doesn't make it separate enough especially when it's not even acknowledged in later arcs and all act as if they're all self contained stories (which they are).

You just proved my point. Naruto has more of a faithful adaptation than Dragon Ball when it comes to canon events.

Back