• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

[Naruto] Planetary Rasengan Buff

This should be straight-forward… “should”.
  1. Rasengan Barrage is stated to have more than twice the power due to inverse rotations and Planetary Rasengan is stated to be a direct enhanced version of it (Databook)
  2. When we see Naruto use it, Kishimoto illustrates the Rotations. All three of the small Rasengan’s are rotating clockwise, the larger Rasengan is rotating counter-clockwise, encompassing all three smaller rotations (Scan)
With the above two points, Planetary Rasengan has 3 Sets Inverse Rotations and given the configuration of the smaller rotations, the force and energy is being directed into the center Rasengan which should result in this Jutsu being “At Least” a 6x increase.

Edit:
And yes, canon portrayal[1:12] does show the larger rotation encompass and fuse with the smaller rotation for one large fused impact, in case there were any concerns regarding that like in previous threads.

Deferring to @MinatoSparkle’s interpretation:
https://vsbattles.com/threads/naruto-planetary-rasengan-buff.167286/post-6502771

Agree: Xsoul, Stryker, SlendVeny, Avenger)

Disagree:

Last edited:
Eh, this seems like a real stretch as far as multipliers go.

You're assuming each of the "inverse rotations" is a whole multiplier, when that main Rasengan is being orbited by smaller Rasengans. Don't think you can stack them like that.

Last edited:
Eh, this seems like a real stretch as far as multipliers go.

You're assuming each of the "inverse rotations" is a whole multiplier, when that main Rasengan is being orbited by smaller Rasengans. Don't think you can stack them like that.
I’m not assuming though. The scan shows 3 sets of inverse rotations. It’s three sets precisely because of the larger Rasengans Rotation encompassing the smaller ones. 3 Clockwise encompassed by the larger counter-clockwise and their configuration literally directs all that energy generated to the center.

Edit: And based on RB by itself, 1 Set of Inverse Rotation results in >2x.

I’m not assuming though. The scan shows 3 sets of inverse rotations. It’s three sets precisely because of the larger Rasengans Rotation encompassing the smaller ones. 3 Clockwise encompassed by the larger counter-clockwise and their configuration literally directs all that energy generated to the center.
What I mean is that you're assuming each of those is providing the same effect as when two identically-sized Rasengans were used in conjunction;.

I moreso think 4x is better as a conservative estimate, though I'm not vehemently opposed to 6x either, I'm just not sure we can really say the extra power of the rotations can make up for the energy of two whole Rasengans.

neutral leaning disagree,

while it is true Planetary Rasengan is an improved Rasengan Barrage,

assuming more rotations = higher linear multiplier, is a bit assumptive

the act of having the two opposing directions rotating could provide a 2x amp with anything additional being a flat one.

What I mean is that you're assuming each of those is providing the same effect as when two identically-sized Rasengans were used in conjunction;.
I’m actually downplaying it as the larger Rasengan being an enhanced Rasengan should logically make the effect greater. Emphasis is not actually put on the rotations needing to be identical. That would be the assumption.

Taking out the other two, if the regular RB was an Odama Rasengan and Regular Rasengan instead of 2 Regular Rasengans, the effect would still be 2+ but just unquantifiably higher due to the enhanced Rasengan.

So in this instance, I’m just counting 3 Sets of standard without acknowledging the enhanced (Odama Rasengan) aspect likely making the effect greater.

Edit: I want to add that when I said emphasis is not on rotations being Identical, I mean it from a standard optimized way. Example, if Naruto created a smaller than Standard Rasengan and a regular, the effect would be less than 2 standard, etc.

I moreso think 4x is better as a conservative estimate, though I'm not vehemently opposed to 6x either, I'm just not sure we can really say the extra power of the rotations can make up for the energy of two whole Rasengans.
4x though ignores the fact that there are 3 sets in the system.

while it is true Planetary Rasengan is an improved Rasengan Barrage,

assuming more rotations = higher linear multiplier, is a bit assumptive
It’s not the fact that there are simply 3 sets. Its 3 sets configured to direct their force and energy towards the center as well as portrayal showing all sets fusing into 1 impact, as illustrated by The Last.
the act of having the two opposing directions rotating could provide a 2x amp with anything additional being a flat one.
There isn’t just two opposing rotations in this system though… Two Opposing is what the standard RB is based on, which is stated to result in >2x.

There are 3 sets of opposing rotations, configured to route their force and energy toward the center and portrayal has actually shown it simply fusing into 1 impact, as Illustrated by the last.

The system is what makes the Rasengans stronger than just the sum of its parts, but that doesn't mean the counter rotation on its own doubles the power
When the spirals with inverse rotations clash together, their power increases more than twice.

It’s literally the solely about Inverse Rotations AND it’s shown fusing together with Canon Portrayal.

I literally don’t know what else to say when there is statements and clear cut feats… 🤷‍♂️ Idk what Bar is left to clear? First its them hitting simultaneously doesn’t equate to anything because they aren’t “fused” and now that there is statements & feats/portrayal, there is something else… 🤦‍♂️

This shit is infuriating... Anyways, if you support 4x over the 6x argument, what is driving that? When I first proposed that in the discussion thread, it was because there are 4 Rasengan used and RB is the parent Jutsu PR is based on, which would denote 2 sets of Inverse Rotations (4x). That was before I reread the chapter and saw Kishimoto depicting 3 distinct inverse Rotaions configured to direct towards the main Rasengan and then the entire system fusing into one via The Last portrayal of the Jutsu, but apparently, that means nothing so, Idk how 4x is fairing any better…
Normal members can't ping
Well damn… 😕

When the spirals with inverse rotations clash together, their power increases more than twice.

It’s literally the solely about Inverse Rotations AND it’s shown fusing together with Canon Portrayal.
An interpretation of that is just that the rotations clashing makes the Rasengans' impacts fuse and increase in power, meaning the twice part is from the number of Rasengans, and the more than part is from the inverse rotations.
I literally don’t know what else to say when there is statements and clear cut feats… 🤷‍♂️ Idk what Bar is left to clear? First its them hitting simultaneously doesn’t equate to anything because they aren’t “fused” and now that there is statements & feats/portrayal, there is something else… 🤦‍♂️
Hey I ain't against anything inherently, I literally proposed the Rasengan Barrage multiplier in the first place, I just think calling 6x a lowball is stretching it a bit.
This shit is infuriating... Anyways, if you support 4x over the 6x argument, what is driving that? When I first proposed that in the discussion thread, it was because there are 4 Rasengan used and RB is the parent Jutsu PR is based on, which would denote 2 sets of Inverse Rotations (4x). That was before I reread the chapter and saw Kishimoto depicting 3 distinct inverse Rotaions configured to direct towards the main Rasengan and then the entire system fusing into one via The Last portrayal of the Jutsu, but apparently, that means nothing so, Idk how 4x is fairing any better…
Because at bare minimum, it's the power of 3 normal Rasengan and one Giant Rasengan fusing with added rotational power.
Well damn… 😕
You can ask on their message walls (well not Shadow's cause their profile's private but the others)

An interpretation of that is just that the rotations clashing makes the Rasengans' impacts fuse and increase in power, meaning the twice part is from the number of Rasengans, and the more than part is from the inverse rotations.

Hey I ain't against anything inherently, I literally proposed the Rasengan Barrage multiplier in the first place, I just think calling 6x a lowball is stretching it a bit.

Because at bare minimum, it's the power of 3 normal Rasengan and one Giant Rasengan fusing with added rotational power.

You can ask on their message walls (well not Shadow's cause their profile's private but the others)
Alright, well i’ll link this to the OP to see if 4x is accepted. 🤷‍♂️

Back