• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Right, in that case I'll explain the Nagato shit since those are Madara's eyes. I have no idea how he managed to regress them for Nagato to awaken them aside from maybe transplanting them in Base.
I know it was Madara’s eyes, my point is that it should be any uchia and Senju. Why dose he specifically go after the reincarnations

Why specifically dose it have to be asura and Indra’s reincarnation for the rinnagan
this gets touched on further in Boruto, but in Naruto, a half-true explanation is given, that is that the rinnegan is created when you recreate Hagaromo's chakra.

Asura and Indra both possess two halves of Hagaromo's power, his dojutsu and his physical power respectively, these powers were later inherited by the two clans, Senju and Uchiha.

However, the Senju and Uchiha only have very diluted bits of Asura and Indura's power after generations of children dulling Hagaromo's Otsutsuki DNA and power.

so the only people in the series who have awakened Rinnegan were people who got both halves of Hagaromo through being Asura and Indra's reincarnations

- Madara(Indura) bit off a piece of Hashirama(Asura) during their fight and added Hashirama's powerful chakra to himself eventually awakening the Rinnegan years later.

- Sasuke(Indura) after being almost killed was implanted with Hashirama(Asura) Cells by Kabuto to save him, which allowed him to awaken the rinnegan.
when Nagato awakened as a child.
you might have missed it but a while back, during the flashback after Obito's mask got blown off, Madara explained that he gave Nagato his Rinnegan, Nagato ain't awaken shit.
There were plenty of uchia with MS and EMS back in the day.
MS yeah, EMS, we only know of two.
Idk maybe I need to take an minute to process everything
you did go through a lot of content pretty fast, and the anime is a bit ehh sometimes.

Last edited:
this gets touched on further in Boruto, but in Naruto, a half-true explanation is given, that is that the rinnegan is created when you recreate Hagaromo's chakra.

Asura and Indra both possess two halves of Hagaromo's power, his dojutsu and his physical power respectively, these powers were later inherited by the two clans, Senju and Uchiha.

However, the Senju and Uchiha only have very diluted bits of Asura and Indura's power after generations of children dulling Hagaromo's Otsutsuki DNA and power.

so the only people in the series who have awakened Rinnegan were people who got both halves of Hagaromo through being Asura and Indra's reincarnations

- Madara(Indura) bit off a piece of Hashirama(Asura) during their fight and added Hashirama's powerful chakra to himself eventually awakening the Rinnegan years later.

- Sasuke(Indura) after being almost killed was implanted with Hashirama(Asura) Cells by Kabuto to save him, which allowed him to awaken the rinnegan.

you might have missed it but a while back, when Obito's mask got blown off, Madara explained that he gave Nagato his Rinnegan, Nagato ain't awaken shit.

MS yeah, EMS, we only know of two.

you did go through a lot of content pretty fast, and the anime is a bit ehh sometimes.
Nagato is just a regular Uzumaki, who are pm the Senju Clans direct relatives.

it would be pm impossible for someone who has like 1/256th Hagaromo DNA to awaken the rinnegan
Ah ok, I forgot madara awakened the rinnegan before he let himself die

After stewing on this for a minute, I don’t hate the Bkack zetsu retcon but I’m not in love with it either. Don’t dislike any of the alien stuff(I actually kinda of like it). But like for such an important character that’s been secretly pulling the strings all I along, he should have appeared a bit more, like enough so that his atleast memorable before the war arc. And the explanation for him tricking Madara is kinda to dumb but whatever.

What are your guys' thoughts on whether powerscaling statements from characters are generally meant to be a reflection of the characters' knowledge or insert things from the author?

What are your guys' thoughts on whether powerscaling statements from characters are generally meant to be a reflection of the characters' knowledge or insert things from the author?

Depends on the context I guess

Like when Edo Hashirama stated that EOS Sakura was superior to War Arc Tsunade despite never even being alive even when Tsunade was younger and weaker back in the 2nd Great Shinobi War let alone after she gained the title of Sannin

Maybe you can make the argument of him sensing her chakra as they were heading to the battlefield and sensing how strong she had gotten but to me it seemed clear that was just an error and was more so just Kishimoto using him as a mouthpiece to tell us the audience that "Yes Sakura has finally surpassed her sensei just like Naruto and Sasuke did"

At the base level, I always look at any statement a character makes as author Inserts. The, “reflections of characters knowledge”, part is contextual.

Yeah obviously it’s context dependent. If the character statement is supported it’s likely literal and fine to take it as such. If not then it likely isn’t literal/is just wrong. Either way characters can be written to be fallible so there is never a catch all they’re always reliable. Gotta check the context.

Depends

Sometimes it’s an actual reflection of how strong they are like sakura have the same strength as tsunade but being way less experienced(sasori fight) or a character statment might be up for more interpretation depending on future events like when itachi was hyping jiraiya up.or some characters overestimate and downplay others like with kankuro and temari in the chuinn exams

So I'm thinking this mini kurama would be completely different from kurama before in terms of power. Maybe something like due to baryon mode kurama chakra fused forever with a part of naruto chakra. So coming back the chakra reforming would be that fused form. So normal kcm would be like outputting baryon mode level of power but without the life shaving hax

Depends on the context I guess

Like when Edo Hashirama stated that EOS Sakura was superior to War Arc Tsunade despite never even being alive even when Tsunade was younger and weaker back in the 2nd Great Shinobi War let alone after she gained the title of Sannin

Maybe you can make the argument of him sensing her chakra as they were heading to the battlefield and sensing how strong she had gotten but to me it seemed clear that was just an error and was more so just Kishimoto using him as a mouthpiece to tell us the audience that "Yes Sakura has finally surpassed her sensei just like Naruto and Sasuke did"
I figured Hashirama just had the best senses on the fjeld because he was the Sage of No Paths.

So I'm thinking this mini kurama would be completely different from kurama before in terms of power. Maybe something like due to baryon mode kurama chakra fused forever with a part of naruto chakra. So coming back the chakra reforming would be that fused form. So normal kcm would be like outputting baryon mode level of power but without the life shaving hax
Or maybe it's higher because Himawari has dormant Six Paths Chakra from her parents.

Yeah I remember that. My only issue with that is every actual depiction of fruits being consumed and whatnot doesn’t do that to the planet. And I wanna say it showed like Kaguya’s hand crushing it or whatever, seemed to be more of a metaphorical depiction. Albeit, I’m not opposed to using it as support for like a mid-high end argument for the verse being 5-B/5-A.
To be fair, we haven't seen any planet post consumption with the exception of Momoshiki's planets, one of which was being used to suck up Naruto
Also, counter point:

Yeah obviously it’s context dependent. If the character statement is supported it’s likely literal and fine to take it as such. If not then it likely isn’t literal/is just wrong. Either way characters can be written to be fallible so there is never a catch all they’re always reliable. Gotta check the context.
I mostly agree although idk that I would say a statement is likely wrong without extra backing, moreso just ambiguous
didn’t rock lee and guy tag haku mid movement?
Not when using his LS
I figured Hashirama just had the best senses on the fjeld because he was the Sage of No Paths.
Tsunade was kinda not in a state to be sensed at the time
Other than being sensed as similar to Go/jo

Yeah I remember that. My only issue with that is every actual depiction of fruits being consumed and whatnot doesn’t do that to the planet. And I wanna say it showed like Kaguya’s hand crushing it or whatever, seemed to be more of a metaphorical depiction. Albeit, I’m not opposed to using it as support for like a mid-high end argument for the verse being 5-B/5-A.
It could be that the planet Momoshiki was on wasn't done harvesting as we see numerous other god trees present and the ones that did produce a chakra was cut down, that'why the planet still has its GPE

On the topic of destroyed planets, here we can see debris forming a ring around the planet, and in the novel version of this scene, it's said that Momoshiki destroyed the planet.
FF_GeznUYAQ_aow.jpg

Which is translated as star because power-scaling brainrot.
Maybe calcable? Maybe not? Idk

On the topic of destroyed planets, here we can see debris forming a ring around the planet, and in the novel version of this scene, it's said that Momoshiki destroyed the planet.
FF_GeznUYAQ_aow.jpg

Which is translated as star because power-scaling brainrot.
Maybe calcable? Maybe not? Idk
Problem is, this is from a novel and I don't think they will accept Novel feats

I don't think we've gotten an explanation from any otsutsuki about the mechanics of chakra fruits and whatnots
As you said, we could get a Lore dump with the introduction of sentient Juubis

Back