• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
its really weird and important piece of information to omit in every single reference material to this form, it also doesnt reconcicle the fact that the previous six paths form that used Kurama's cloak isnt called Kurama mode, it also doesnt make sense for them to be so obtuse in the form

If your referring to the scene when his talking to Ino then thats an in between frame used when drawing characters transforming, also id say the anime is prob the worst example to use as there specific episode guides that just refer to it as nine tails chakra mode, i think the only person that genuinely believes its six paths sage mode is Ikemoto because even though it was corrected in later volumes, the fact that he drew a sun design on his palm tells me where his head is at.
Ok and in all these guides is there an official term they made for Naruto when he stacks modes?

Eh, I wouldn't take math advice from you. You thinking this situation equates to being told 2+2=4 is telling considering that 2+2=4 doesn't have any contradictions across the board.
Tell yourself whatever you have to. 🤷‍♂️
But visually SPSM in Naruto and Boruto do have many contradictions.
Except it doesn’t and you wouldn’t be able to factually produce 1 instance of it, but by all means, prove me wrong. All you need is 1.
I wouldn't be surprised if your math is just as bad as your arguments are.
Yeah ok. Now go back to sticking your head in the sand and let the big boys finish talking~

I think it's that you need Six Paths Senjutsu, not just Six Paths chakra, and Naruto lost the Magatama markings indicative of that in Boruto
You see… you’re saying he “lost” that form, but that’s not quite true. It was never implied or stated he lost it after the Sasuke fight. He just hasn’t used it. The argument can be made that w/o Kurama he lost that specific cloak as it has always indicated when all Biju Chakra, sure. SPC/SPSJ is honestly used interchangeably in the war.
anyway for fun.

The Chibi Boruto manga calls the form Kurama Chakra Mode
peCS6BC.png

The Anime Design Sheets call it Kurama Chakra Mode
dF2rsme.png

The Manga and Anime guides call it Kurama Mode/Kurama Chakra Mode
ze3qoUS.png

The games call it Kurama Chakra mode

i0i4VI2.png
21AM10U.png

Naruto Retsuden
"雲の奥から、回転する風の塊が無数に落ちてきて、百はあろうかという土くれや木端を同時に粉砕した。あっという間だ。 風の動きが生む真空が、砕けたかけら破片を巻き取り圧縮して、欠片ひとつ落とさずに吸収していく。ふうとんおおだませんがん大玉螺旋丸七代目火影の得意とする風遁技の一つだ。「なんだ.........ナルトもいたのかよ。心配いらねーじゃん」キバが、空を見上げて、肩の力を抜いた。雲の切れ目から、太陽の欠片かと思うような明るい光が落ちてきて、火影岩きゆうびみずか九尾のチャクラを自らのものとして操る、最強の戦闘形九尾のチャクラモードのルトだ。
"九尾のチャクラモード = Nine tails chakra mode

From beyond the clouds, masses of swirling winds descended, pulverizing countless clods of earth and wood chips in what seemed like a hundred instances simultaneously. It happened in the blink of an eye. The vacuum created by the movement of the wind compressed and absorbed every shattered fragment without dropping a single piece.

This technique, called "Fuuton: Ōdama Rasengan" (Wind Release: Big Ball Rasengan), is a specialty of the Seventh Hokage, Naruto Uzumaki.

"What... Naruto was here too? No need to worry then," Kiba said, looking up at the sky and relaxing his shoulders.

Through a break in the clouds, bright sunlight fell, resembling fragments of the sun, onto the Hokage Rock.

This is the ultimate combat form, where one manipulates the chakra of the Nine-Tails as their own, known as the Nine-Tails Chakra Mode.

But Hey thats just me.
I mean… he’s using “Kurama Chakra Mode”, that was never questioned… you’re simply ignoring “+” eyes w or w/o Pigmentation is not just “Kurama Mode”.

Are you really going to ignore that?

Last edited:
Umm lmfao
Does SM not work on the same principle as Baryon Mode?
no it doesnt?, Senjutsu is combining chakra and nature energy, in the same way mixing primarily colors may give you something different, baryon is the equivalent of.........take a guess.... Nuclear fusion
Except we know that’s not how Chakra works for the purposes of Ninjutsu. This is going all the way back to Ebisu. KuramaSPSM is presumably used the same as Naruto’s BSM unless you think Naruto is not using SPC and Kurama Chakra simultaneously in which case, besides the greater sensory capabilities, why is SPSM > SM for the purposes of a power amp? If Kurama Mode is not amped by SPC because you think they don’t fuse to produce a stronger chakra like even BSM let alone Baryon Mode which would be orders of magnitude greater, why is better than BSM?
Reword this, i have legit no idea what your saying lol
You see, your interpretation leads to far more inconsistencies if I understand your argument correctly.
i dont have an interpretation im literally just telling you whats stated and whats told to us, your the one filling in the gaps with information thats omitted
I reject the notion it’s headcanon… Perfect SM still has Pigmentation (Be it Koji, Hashi, Kabuto or Naruto). SPSM is expressly portrayed as not having the SM Pigmentation.
SPSM is also expressively portrayed with 9 magatama, human colored skin and very specific markings for his torso, but i guess we only count design changes when it suits us.
To my knowledge there has never been a statement acknowledging the lack of Pigmentation for SPSM but Kishimoto and Ikemoto have consistently portrayed when Naruto has Pigmentation or Not.
See Above
So leaning on consistent portrayal (And yes, there has been 0 contradiction in this aspect),
there is, we just ignore them by rationalizing our own ideas to make it work, the form is called six paths sage mode but is somehow is called Kurama mode by everyone else, but of course the creators totally mean Kurama mode+Six Paths sage mode but just decide to call it Kurama mode for reasons. Airtight logic.
why would the lack of Pigmentation w/ “+” eyes mean anything other than SPSM? I think it’s headcanon to suggest otherwise.
because the people who work on these stories and products say otherwise
Except there is no contradictions… you keep mentioning guide books, but to my knowledge, no guide has ever stated “+” eyes be it SPSM or Regular BSM is “Simply” Kurama Mode.
uhhh yeah they do.
Again, why does the onvious have to be stated? You want to know how many times it was conversely called “sage mode”? 0 times. So your point is…?
no everytime its been used in the new era its been called sage mode lmfao, what you talking about
This isn’t a valid argument. The lack of acknowledgement doesn’t negate the fact the form is being used. Be it “+” eyes w or without Pigmentation, NARUTO isn’t JUST using Kurama Mode and I reject any argument that attempts to ignore that fact.
so your basically substituting reality for your own?
Again… Kurama Mode isn’t the only form being used and I will continue to reject any argument that ignores “+” w or w/o pigmentation as JUST Kurama Mode.
take up with the writers not me.

My stance on the whole Kurama Mode vs Six Paths Sage Mode thing is that they're not mutually exclusive. He does use Kurama Mode in Boruto, it's just stacked on Six Paths Sage Mode. Like we quite literally see Naruto go Base SPSM before stacking Kurama Mode against Isshiki, idk how you can call that anything but SPSM
Yeah
It doesn't really make sense that naruto loses/doesn't use his six paths buff but Sasuke retains his and they're still equal to each other

You could also argue that he's only able to use the chakra natures of the Tailed beasts in spsm
He didn't use it against obito even though a boil release amp would be a significant boost
Or a lava rasenshuriken
You could argue pis but I'm just stating what happened
We only see him use it in spsm

Nine tails Chakra Mode, its all Kurama mode lmfao, the only difference is it mentions the use of sage mode in its description.

the only form thats explicitly not called Kurama mode is the form he takes at the end of shippuden which is called six paths sage mode both with and without his cloak.

九喇嘛チャクラモード vs 六道仙人モード

Taken from the Last Databook

"だいさい ふういん九喇嘛チャクラモード体内に封印された九喇臓から、莫大なチャクラあっとうてき お はっきを借り受け、ナルトは圧倒的な力を発揮。 さらせんだみに仙人モードを同時発動することで、感知3.040能力発動術の威力は、大幅に上昇する・・・四象封印”が浮き上がり、200炎のようにチャ 発あクラが溢れ出す。めちゃくはっこうにん"

"Nine-Tails Chakra Mode" By borrowing immense chakra from the sealed Nine-Tails within his body, Naruto demonstrates overwhelming power. Furthermore,By simultaneously activating Sage Mode, the effectiveness of sensory ability activation jutsu significantly increases..."

Nine tails Chakra Mode, its all Kurama mode lmfao, the only difference is it mentions the use of sage mode in its description.

the only form thats explicitly not called Kurama mode is the form he takes at the end of shippuden which is called six paths sage mode both with and without his cloak.

九喇嘛チャクラモード vs 六道仙人モード

"だいさい ふういん九喇嘛チャクラモード体内に封印された九喇臓から、莫大なチャクラあっとうてき お はっきを借り受け、ナルトは圧倒的な力を発揮。 さらせんだみに仙人モードを同時発動することで、感知3.040能力発動術の威力は、大幅に上昇する・・・四象封印”が浮き上がり、200炎のようにチャ 発あクラが溢れ出す。めちゃくはっこうにん"

"Nine-Tails Chakra Mode" By borrowing immense chakra from the sealed Nine-Tails within his body, Naruto demonstrates overwhelming power. Furthermore,By simultaneously activating Sage Mode, the effectiveness of sensory ability activation jutsu significantly increases..."
Uh, he doesn't use 6PSM in The Last, no one was arguing that.

九喇嘛チャクラモード vs 六道仙人モード

So there isn’t an actual term for when his stacking modes. If that’s the case then the databooks just calling it kurama mode doesn’t change anything. Especially when it’s clear that his using SPSM on top of it

Except it doesn’t and you wouldn’t be able to factually produce 1 instance of it, but by all means, prove me wrong. All you need is 1.
  1. SPSM KCM in Naruto has no yellow color on Naruto's face, but in Boruto he does in Kurama mode.
  2. After losing Kurama he used sage mode instead of SPSM. SPSM is better than SM. If he still had it he would've used it.
  3. Kurama Mode in Boruto looks way closer to KCM 2 than SPSM KCM, design wise.
  4. It is called Kurama mode in Boruto.
  5. SPSM gives Naruto flight which he never displayed in Boruto. Also other abilities.
  6. SPSM KCM in Naruto had 9 comma things on his back while Kurama Mode in Boruto and KCM 2 in Naruto have the same (almost) design on his back.
  7. SPSM KCM in Naruto had black pants while in Boruto he doesn't.
You're just arbitrarily declaring that the + sign is the only design choice that matters even tho there are tons of differences that any human with functioning eyes can see.
Yeah ok. Now go back to sticking your head in the sand and let the big boys finish talking~
Is that what you call getting railed on all fronts? Sad. Maybe try less confirmation bias next time.

The Boruto era guide from earlier says this.

"●芝居芝屑九喇嘛モード尾オオオアアア212九喇嘛チャクラ全開!!「いせいげんかうずまきナルト・(声/竹内順子)強大なチャクラを持つ「尾獣」のひとつ 「九尾・九 (くらま)」 をその身に 宿し、特殊な術「仙人モー ド」 を扱う。 サスケとともに 当代最強と謳われる忍者。攻守に優れた九劇車モード」 の前には敵なし"

"Nine-Tails Mode
Nine-Tails Chakra at full throttle!!"
Uzumaki Naruto(Voice/Junko Takeuchi) He houses one of the "Tailed Beasts," the powerful chakra entity known as the "Nine-Tails (Kurama)" within himself and wields the special jutsu "Sage Mode." Alongside Sasuke, he is hailed as the strongest ninja of the current generation.

then that just means your conclusion itself is wrong
Right, even when you have things like parallel dimension that use the term isekai which can mean world/Universe and in that context world could mean a planet but clearly the dimension is bigger then just a planet and called a huper/subspace. They will ignor this and just close the thread, plus my debate with you on Universal nard, you were using evey single excuse imaginable to try and make nard not uni even if it's goes against fact

Right, even when you have things like parallel dimension that use the term isekai which can mean world/Universe and in that context world could mean a planet but clearly the dimension is bigger then just a planet and called a huper/subspace.
that's not the problem. In fiction an isekai is most commonly used for dimension, any dimension in fact. it needn't be universal in size at all. ditto for hyperspace/subspace, hyperspace in fiction are a warp space used to traverse dimensions whereas subspaces in fiction usually refers to smaller dimensions. There's a few exception such the Hyperdimension in Saint Seiya or the Crack of Time in DBH but they're the exceptions and you actually have substantial evidence for them being huge
They will ignor this and just close the thread, plus my debate with you on Universal nard, you were using evey single excuse imaginable to try and make nard not uni even if it's goes against fact
no I just didnt care to engage seriously in the debate because the conclusion really was ridiculous. A good analogy I like to use is blocking people on social media. sometimes if someone blocks it doesnt mean you "won" anything it can often mean that they thought you werent worth their time, that's precisely what that "debate" was for me.

and let me be completely honest with you. if universal Naruto really were an unambiguous, unequivocal truth, it would've long been accepted. As you know already none of the evidence is new or recent, its relatively older stuff. So if it were true, it would've been accepted like how 2-C Goku is. the fact that it isnt simply means it isnt true.

Has there even been an official term for when Naruto stacks sage mode on top of kurama chakra mode?
I don't believe so, it's just generally referred to as Kurama Mode and Sage Mode or smthn
its really weird and important piece of information to omit in every single reference material to this form, it also doesnt reconcicle the fact that the previous six paths form that used Kurama's cloak isnt called Kurama mode, it also doesnt make sense for them to be so obtuse in the form
I agree it's strange, but I don't think it's set in stone enough to just ignore the obvious signs that he still has SPSM. Also wdym it's not previously called Kurama Mode?
If your referring to the scene when his talking to Ino then thats an in between frame used when drawing characters transforming, also id say the anime is prob the worst example to use as there specific episode guides that just refer to it as nine tails chakra mode, i think the only person that genuinely believes its six paths sage mode is Ikemoto because even though it was corrected in later volumes, the fact that he drew a sun design on his palm tells me where his head is at.
Yeah it's an inbetween of him flaring up SPSM then KM, I don't see how that helps your argument?
You see… you’re saying he “lost” that form, but that’s not quite true. It was never implied or stated he lost it after the Sasuke fight. He just hasn’t used it. The argument can be made that w/o Kurama he lost that specific cloak as it has always indicated when all Biju Chakra, sure. SPC/SPSJ is honestly used interchangeably in the war.
There's no reason for him to hold it back if he still has it, especially at times when he's in a losing position. Also we know that some of the Bijuu aren't actively with him in Boruto (too lazy to find the scene rn but it's some anime thing where the Bijuu gather and one of them isn't there iirc)
then that just means your conclusion itself is wrong
How does it mean that necessarily? Is Momoshiki>Kaguya wrong since previously when there were threads about it they were closed immediately?

I don’t care about the description I want an official name for when he uses both forms
so you dont care about critical information that described what the form is lmfao?

so you intentionally want to omitt information and context so that you can argue based on the name?, based on your logic i guess sasuke has universal level fire because its called ameteratsu

except for the part where he stacks a cloak ontop of six paths sage mode and its called six paths sage mode. but okay lol
Six paths sage mode are when his eyes change color and pupils. Kyubi cloak is its own thing as you’ve made clear before hand
I don't believe so, it's just generally referred to as Kurama Mode and Sage Mode or smthn
ah ok

that's not the problem. In fiction an isekai is most commonly used for dimension, any dimension in fact.
it's just for translation purposes where isekai can mean world/Universe
ditto for hyperspace/subspace, hyperspace in fiction are a warp space used to traverse dimensions whereas subspaces in fiction usually refers to smaller dimensions.
It can also mean that the dimensions has an extra dimension like time making it a time-space and nard compared the dimension directly to kaguyas make this the more likely interpretation that the author wanted to make it clear that its a time- space
no I just didnt care to engage seriously in the debate because the conclusion really was ridiculous. A good analogy I like to use is blocking people on social media. sometimes if someone blocks it doesnt mean you "won" anything it can often mean that they thought you werent worth their time, that's precisely what that "debate" was for me.

and let me be completely honest with you. if universal Naruto really were an unambiguous, unequivocal truth, it would've long been accepted. As you know already none of the evidence is new or recent, its relatively older stuff. So if it were true, it would've been accepted like how 2-C Goku is. the fact that it isnt simply means it isnt true.
People don't like the thought of nard going above planetary and you think they will let him be universal, there is quit a bit of bias on this wiki against nard and DBZ. Anyways there is no point in continuing this. Be rest assured that I am not posting a Uni nard CRT anytime soon.

so you dont care about critical information that described what the form is lmfao?

so you intentionally want to omitt information and context so that you can argue based on the name?, based on your logic i guess sasuke has universal level fire because its called ameteratsu
From what I’ve seen your main argument has been that the databooks constantly call hokage Naruto’s form kurama chakra mode and not sage of six paths or whatever. So I’d image the name of the form would be quite important

Nice straw man

when applies the cloak to that form its still called six paths sage mode
Then what’s the name of the form before that?

I agree it's strange, but I don't think it's set in stone enough to just ignore the obvious signs that he still has SPSM. Also wdym it's not previously called Kurama Mode?
the issue is that its contradicted by every available source we have, which also lists sage mode with his kurama mode not six paths sage mode, six paths sage mode is never mentioned anywhere ever across multiple different mediums, the only reason why we think he has six paths sage mode is because of incredulity
Yeah it's an inbetween of him flaring up SPSM then KM, I don't see how that helps your argument?
not an between of him of using transformations, im talking about about an inbetween animation cut. i think your misunderstanding me, ill post some examples in a wee bit.

it's just for translation purposes where isekai can mean world/Universe
no isekai almost never refers to universe unless there is already substantial evidence of that dimension being universe sized. It just refers to a parallel world of any size, that's all. there is no translation issue here. Uchuu is the only correct word for universe.
It can also mean that the dimensions has an extra dimension like time making it a time-space and nard compared the dimension directly to kaguyas make this the more likely interpretation that the author wanted to make it clear that its a time- space
no, that "interpretation" is the real, scientific interpretation, not the one used in fiction. And once again if you do wanna go with that interpretation you're gonna have to provide other, more substantial evidence for it being a higher dimensional space than just being called a word thats often thrown around in fiction. any dimension IS a space time unless contradicted but it doesnt mean anything here on its own.
People don't like the thought of nard going above planetary and you think they will let him be universal, there is quit a bit of bias on this wiki against nard and DBZ. Anyways there is no point in continuing this. Be rest assured that I am not posting a Uni nard CRT anytime soon.
many people here dont like the idea of Goku being above solar system level either. @Veronica is notorious for constantly trying (and failing miserably) to downgrade base Goku from 2-C to 4-B and she's attempted it over 5 times by now. as I said, if the evidence was substantial and enough for the wiki, it would've been accepted one of the countless many times someone before you (and I promise you many did) tried to make that CRT

From what I’ve seen your main argument has been that the databooks constantly call hokage Naruto’s form kurama chakra mode and not sage of six paths or whatever. So I’d image the name of the form would be quite important
I never said the name isnt important, i said that a description is equally important because it gives context. now who is strawmanning who
Then what’s the name of the form before that?
Six Paths Sage Mode, its all six paths sage mode, whether he gets a cloak or is in base his name stays the same.

I never said the name isnt important, i said that a description is equally important because it gives context. now who is strawmanning who
I’m just basing this off of what I replied to but whatever
Six Paths Sage Mode, its all six paths sage mode, whether he gets a cloak or is in base his name stays the same.
Ok then why do his eyes still look like SPSM?

the issue is that its contradicted by every available source we have, which also lists sage mode with his kurama mode not six paths sage mode, six paths sage mode is never mentioned anywhere ever across multiple different mediums, the only reason why we think he has six paths sage mode is because of incredulity
Which is again why I called it strange. But my interpretation of that to keep things consistent with what we see of Sage Mode and Kurama Sage Mode otherwise is that it's referring to Sage Mode indeed, but not Toad Sage Mode and rather Six Paths Sage Mode. Either that or it's just inconsistent.

Also I do think Naruto talking about Six Paths Sage Mode to Kurama is referring to what he's currently using based on how he words it.

It's not incredulity, it's just reasoning.
not an between of him of using transformations, im talking about about an inbetween animation cut. i think your misunderstanding me, ill post some examples in a wee bit.
Just to be sure we're talking about the same scene, you mean this?

no isekai almost never refers to universe unless there is already substantial evidence of that dimension being universe sized. It just refers to a parallel world of any size, that's all. there is no translation issue here. Uchuu is the only correct word for universe.

no, that "interpretation" is the real, scientific interpretation, not the one used in fiction. And once again if you do wanna go with that interpretation you're gonna have to provide other, more substantial evidence for it being a higher dimensional space than just being called a word thats often thrown around in fiction. any dimension IS a space time unless contradicted but it doesnt mean anything here on its own.
If you are gonna go of fiction like you say for hyperspace then that should hold true for parallel dimension which are often considered as parallel universe in fiction
many people here dont like the idea of Goku being above solar system level either. @Veronica is notorious for constantly trying (and failing miserably) to downgrade base Goku from 2-C to 4-B and she's attempted it over 5 times by now. as I said, if the evidence was substantial and enough for the wiki, it would've been accepted one of the countless many times someone before you (and I promise you many did) tried to make that CRT
Yea if the proof is enough that they can't ignore it, like feats that go like affecting and stuff, then they can't just ignore it or else they will be called out for it.

Back