• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nasuverse Discussion Board 12

I'm still surprised even Sigurd actually goes "Siegfried, the same yet different existence..." or whatever when talking about him. Do like the fact he's personally jealous of his body (cougharmourcough) but won't let that get to him and not fall behind xD

You know what would have been better? If instead of just bathing in the blood, Siegfried should have also eaten the heart as well. Sumanai-no-more.

You know what would be better? If Siegfried ate all the dragon meat, wore the dragon scales and screamed the dragon shout.

Geez, BB has really become too powerful. Her third skill literally freezes time for anyone caught in the expansion of the shadow of the moon she creates. Overpowered.

Her first skill is also quite interesting:

Self-Modification EX

A skill possessed by the regular BB.

A skill of remodeling oneself.

This time, it seems like it was used unintentionally, by accident.

At the resort of the end of the world, those who received the name "man", resolve yourselves.

Somehow, tonight, the celestial bodies have all gathered.

Those who receive the name of 'man' at the end of the world where the celestial bodies are gathering? Sounds very Notes to me.

Her CCC noble phantasm is also released in its full glory. It basically turns the entire area into an imaginary number space, where she plays with the lives of others. It ranks down those who are caught in its effect, akin to turning them into lower-dimensional being, with BB as a supreme ruler from a higher leveled dimension.

@Lumix: I'm told by Ever on Skype that he will be doing FGO BB's profile.

I believe it has to do with the fact that FGO and Extra CCC(??) BB are so different that they warrant like different profiles of their own. Or FGO BB can warrant her own page just like how Nero Bride could possibly have her own or whatever.

@Balo: That's too broken, but very BB-like.

@Dragon: Just make it even more pointless at where its at or doesn't affect it at all due to already have no dimensions (or having zero dimensions?) to begin with? ^^;

^Hell yeah

Edit: Anyone kind of prepped up for the Prisma event? Seems a bit tricky with how only female Servants can participate in it...and De'on and Astolfo too, I guess.

Would this addition to Musashi's Noble Phantasm do anything?

The Niou appearing behind her is just a side-effect of her swords' pressure.
It can be considered an embodiment of the sword of "Zero", the concept of "Void" Musashi has yet to master.
It's called an Anti-Unit Noble Phantasm, but it is actually an Anti-Fate Noble Phantasm.
A Buddha sword that wards off all forms of untimely deaths, karmic damage, curses and tragedies in a single sweep.
"After you scraped off something's existence to the extreme, to the point you could say it no longer has any, "something" still remains."
The extreme "One" they say "no two of" can be found.
The "Zero" that is beyond it… the concept of " ".

@Solacis

You can just hit the follow button instead.

@Apocrypha

Well, she can apparently cut through causality, but I have no idea how that would translate AP or hax-wise.

I hope it means she can cut through the connection between the cause of getting attacked and the effect of being harmed.

She already had an identical form of power in Shimousa (although it's in the form of sword forged by Muramasa rather than her own power, but the description of both power is the same. The ability to cut fate/karma/causality). It can't do that

Class: Berserker
True Name: Penthesilea
Alias: Berserker of El Dorado
Source: Greek mythology, Trojan War
Region: Greece
Alignment: Lawful Good
Height: 158 cm
Weight: 49 kg

STR: A+
CON: B+
AGI: C
MGI: A
LCK: D
NP: A

Setting creation: Minase Hazuki
Character design: Shinjirou
CV: Shimamura Yuu

Main works appearance: Fate/Grand Order
-----
Class Skills

Mad Enhancement: EX
A Skill that strengthen physical ability in exchange of reason.
It is generally possible for her to come to a mutual understanding. However, her reason would be blown away against Achilles and those related to him. And as expected, it would happen as well to a degree towards the abominable Greek heroes. Due to her trauma, it is also possible to happen towards those who calls her beautiful.

Divinity: B
She possesses divinity as the daughter of the war god, Ares.
-----
Personal Skill

Charisma: B
The innate talent for commanding armies.
After Hector's death, she had led 12 powerful Amazons as the queen of her tribe and made haste to join the Trojan side of the war.

Golden Rule (Beauty): A
Indicating her destiny of growing into an existence endowed with a perfect beauty akin to that of a goddess, regardless of how she grows.
At the time of Trojan War, it is said that she had been endowed with a beauty that would make one mistakenly thought of her as a goddess. And for that reason, Achilles removed her helmet--

Howl of the War God: A+
A roar that arouses the blood of the war god Ares flowing within her body.
Allies who stand together with her as warriors, as if being led by the war god, are endowed with bravery by this shout.
During the Trojan's War, it is said that the Amazons forces' war cry causes the opponents to tremble violently.

"Special attack against male of the Greek heroes attribute" defined as "those with the same scent as Achilles might very well be Achilles himself which means he must be annihilated and she is particularly fired up"; that is, a check of "whether or not she felt the target is similar to Achilles or not" is performed.

"Who is that man? Iskander. Hmm, he self alleged himself as Heracles and Achilles' descendant….. and he's Achilles' biggest fan….? Then…..there's no mistake… HE'S ACHILLES! ACHILLEEEEEEES!!!!!"

"Hector of the Gleaming Helmet. Had we been able to join forces, perhaps even that war would have… Well, be that as it may, you had put your life on the line to fight against Achilles; that had made me ends up feeling his lingering scent on you ACHILLESSSSS!!!!!!"

Outrage Amazon

A Hero to Die by My Rage

Type: Anti-Unit Noble Phantasm
Range: 1~3
Maximum target: 1 person

Outrage Amazon.
The desire of vengeance against Achilles that sleeps within her; her soul as a warrior that seeks strength; the blood of the war god Ares; all of those are momentarily excited. She deliberately transform herself into a beast who had thrown away all reason, a true mad warrior.
Charging ahead while shouting "ACHILLEEEESSS!!", (even if the enemy is not Achilles, at that moment they are for her) she attacks with every single weapon and body parts she has, and finally deals a finishing blow by biting them, just like a beast.
The ultimate anti-Achilles killing technique.

To digress a bit, a German playwright of the 18th century who went by the name of Heinrich von Kleist had created the play "Penthesilea" which derived itself from the legend of Penthesilea and Achilles. In it, Achilles had fallen in love and personally dropped his weapon (purposefully letting himself be apprehended), challenged Penthesilea on a one-on-one combat, but then was murdered by Penthesilea who had went mad for revenge. What the Amazons subordinates saw was the sight of Penthesilea, biting Achilles' limbs off his corpse together with a hunting dog.

Trojan Reinforce

Warriors to Rush Upon My War Cry

Type: Anti-Army Noble Phantasm
    Range: as much as her howl can reach
    Maximum target: -
Trojan Reinforce.
It summons her 12 subordinates, the Amazons troops that she had once led in order to save Troy: Clonie, Polemusa, Derinoe, Evandre, Antandre, Bremusa, Hippothoe, Harmothoe, Alcibie, Antibrote, Derimacheia, and Thermodosa**. Each of them, while possessing noble lineage, had swore a loyalty oath to the queen from their heart; mighty elite Amazons, each equals a thousand soldiers.*** They have an outstandingly high affinity with Penthesilea's Howl of the War God, able to acquire its effect several times more potent than other Amazons. To add, they are also able to perform a function as a relay.
This Noble Phantasm is linked to the "Penthesilea who participated in the Trojan War". Berserker Penthesilea avoids "her own figure upon that moment", and fundamentally unable to make use of this Noble Phantasm. If she manifest in a different Class, it is possible that she would be in possession of this Noble Phantasm.
In the case that she uses this Noble Phantasm while manifesting as a Berserker, in that instant, by means of paradox logic she would change her figure into "the completed Penthesilea, whose beauty akin to even that of a goddess", yet-------simultaneously, she would be committing a lethal self-contradiction, and the inevitable fate of destruction would be engraved on her spirit core. (In FGO, it is fundamentally not being utilized.)

• Its literally elite warriors, but its a bit too mouthful for my taste
    **bit of trivia: these name list came from Smyrnaeus, and other sources actually listed different names for the twelve that accompany Penth. Also, some of their name apparently has their own meaning, among them: Antandre "Preceding Men", Bremusa "Raging Female", Hippothoe "Imperious Mare", Harmothoe "Sharp Nail".
    ***this is an idiom in Japanese, which can just translate to super duper mighty warriors. I keep it literal because i like how the prose sounds. Just something to keep in mind for badass versus.
    -----
    Personage
    First pronoun: watashi
    Second pronoun: kisama
    Third pronoun: yatsu/** (no honorifics)
- Character
When she is not being engulfed but the anger and desire for revenge towards Achilles, she is a stoic and calm female warrior.
She is severely brutal against her enemies.
Even if one is an ally, she would rage upon them if they were to treat her as a women. Especially taboo are the words "beautiful" and "lovely" due to the trauma she has.
A battle frenzy whose identity is her strength as a warrior.
Due to being a queen, she is fundamentally arrogant.

- Motives and attitude towards Master
Her wish upon the Holy Grail is, obviously, for a rematch against Achilles.
She wishes to dispel her old disgrace, and this time once again carry out an one-on-one battle as a true warrior.

She treats the Master as someone who shows her the way towards the battlefield and someone who prepares trials for her. Something like, "Now, promptly lead me towards the next battlefield."

- Speech example
"Queen of the Amazoness, Penthesilea. I have come in response to your summon.... But first. If Achilles is here, take him out. I will kill you if you keep it a secret."
"Heracles, Theseus, and Achilles... Hm. Heroes. Heroes, huh. It is their fault that us Amazons' country was thrown into turmoil. However, I do admit that they are all strong warriors."
"Treat me not as a woman. I have had enough of such an experience."
-----
Historical depictio
Penthesilea is the queen of Amazon in the Greek mythology.
A daughter of Ares, it is said that she also has several sisters, starting with Hippolyte whose belt was stolen by Heracles.

After Hector's death, the Amazons' troops that Penthesilea led went to assist the Trojans, fighting against the Achaeans. Afterwards, she went on to fight on a one-on-one combat against the hero on the opposing side, Achilles, yet---------
-----
Ingame depictio
She is filled with hatred towards Achilles.
Hatred so powerful, that she herself wishes to obtain the Mad Enhancement.

She had went on to fight on a one-on-one combat against Achilles as a warrior. When the match is concluded, the words that she heard Achilles had uttered upon removing her helmet-------
She was astonished.
How absurd, she thought in rage.

She had fought as a warrior. She had not present herself as a woman.
When a hero finishes their fight to the death with a true warrior, they should have looked at the enemy and be relieved. "I won." "I'm glad I didn't die." "Just don't get up."
And yet---
This miscreant, this Achilles---
He dared to utter "beautiful"?
Towards her, the queen of Amazon, a warrior… that is the greatest of insult he can offer.
Because it meant that Achilles had really, truly not even seen her as a warrior.

She raged, raged, and raged; she went even beyond rage.
She could do nothing but sneer at him.
She could do no more than to curse him, amounting to no more than a harassment.

"Then curse you I shall. So that someday, that spear of yours would pierce the one you loved-----"

Whether or not that curse came true.
In what way does that curse hold meaning in his tale.
She cared not.

Inhale that curse.
Remember it each time you place your eye upon that spear, Achilles.
Remember the Amazon queen that you killed with your hand.
Remember of the disgrace you offer me.*

My existence, the queen, and my last moment--------I shall not allow you to lump it in together with those other you have defeated. I shall never allow you to throw it away to the corner of your memory of battlefield.

That alone.
I shall never, ever allow.

<>

She swore so.
That defeat was, without a doubt, a disgrace carved upon the very core of her existence.
And so she will once again fight him with all of her might, and absolutely, absolutely end him.

And if her being a "beautiful woman" become a hindrance for it, then she must not let it be displayed.

And so Penthesilea, upon being summoned in Chaldea, manifest with the figure of a young woman whose "beauty" is yet to be completed.
And nevertheless, still she possesses her might as a warrior.
As a warrior, she wishes only for victory and strength, so much that she had fallen to madness. She fights--------as a true queen of Amazon.

She believes, that beyond this path, the rematch against the detestable Achilles await her.

• in japan, it mainly means shame, disgrace but, apparently it can also mean rape. Obviously they are referring to the first meaning, but this is a …. touche choice of phrase.
    -----
    Connection with other characters
    (transcription impossible due to her going into rage just by seeing the letter)
Theseus
The man who forcefully kidnap and made my younger sister into his wife (and he even throw her away in the end). He's dead.

Heracles
The man who stole my elder sister's belt and killed her in the end. He's dead.

Hippolyte
My respected and beloved sister.

Hector
I regret of being unable to make it in time, but be that as it may, I shall hold out a bit.
Incidentally, I had heard that that miscreant had dragged and pulled your corpse around. Obviously, his infamy must be spread more actively, no?

Artemis
Right now, this situation is… truly, I could never tell of it to my mother…*

Asclepius
I thank you for resurrecting my nephew Hippolytus.
However, that creed in which you believe in… is it not quite extreme…..?

Net online shopping users
Absentee ballot… redelivery? What is this?

• Penthesilea's mother, Otrera, was considered to be the mythological founder of the Temple of Artemis in Ephesus.
    -----
    Comment from Illustrator
    When I met Takeuchi-san, he said to me to please draw a female Servant around 14 years old of age. And I was like with immense gratitude do I accept this request as you demand it. The muscular specification was really unexpected, but perhaps this too, is a part of karma. My Amazons (misprinted) CEO is the greatest. (Shinjirou)

Do any of you guys think Goetia should have Nigh-Omnipresence in his profile via his Independent Manifestation skill being ranked higher than Tiamat's or is it too specific to add in due to the way his is described differently from her's?

Ties in pretty well with what happened in Apocrypha, yeah.

Harsh but as Penth said, she cursed him in that way just from Achilles not acknowledging her Strength. Although I can't quite fully get why it would relate to that but eh, I guess anyone can do something to someone in their way like Penth did.

@ZERO: Pretty sure that John guy literally posted that above. Then again though, it notes that it might not be a true curse but Penth didn't really seem to care either way:

""Then curse you I shall. So that someday, that spear of yours would pierce the one you loved-----"

Whether or not that curse came true. In what way does that curse hold meaning in his tale. She cared not.

Inhale that curse. Remember it each time you place your eye upon that spear, Achilles. Remember the Amazon queen that you killed with your hand. Remember of the disgrace you offer me.*

My existence, the queen, and my last moment--------I shall not allow you to lump it in together with those other you have defeated. I shall never allow you to throw it away to the corner of your memory of battlefield.

That alone. I shall never, ever allow." <This.

Doesn't really help. I see a lot of mixed feelings in the comments, and I have nothing to judge the numbers against.

I don't really have D'eon so I can't help at all of how they're like gameplay-wise.

Think TV Tropes more or less describe them as a good tank character to take hits like how Saint George is but again, don't have D'eon nor do I know how good they are. They do have Mind of Eye skill like EMIYA's that could be used with their self-target skill for baiting much like how you could use Mash's Invul skill on herself and then use her self-target skill to bait the enemies especially if they have a single target NP (assuming it doesn't have an invul pierce effect, that is).

Back