• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nathan Drake and Overall Uncharted Upgrades and Changes

So, this is going to pretty straight forward and I'm going to divide each part into sections.

Tier: Nate's profile state that the explosive weaponry he uses are 9-A (namely the RPG-7 and others comparable to it). However, his tier physically is only 9-B. Nate should be 9-A overall due to tanking the same missiles he uses in several instances. Here are some examples which are already listed on the profile, but I'll show them here anyway:

- Is blown up and sent flying off a rooftopyet he still gets up and continues to run (also a calc).

- An RPG rocket explodes right next to himwhile he's hanging on an edge yet he still manages to catch himself and climb back up only slightly winded.

And there are some others. The point is that if the RPG mssiles he uses are 9-A, then why is it that the same missile variants that he gets blown up by don't warrant his own tier to be 9-A? It makes no sense. This is especially so considering others comparable to him like Lazarevic and Nadine are more than capable of harming him and likewise Nate can harm them right back.

Speed: He should be Subsonic + in running and movement speed due to the following reasons:

- Ran from an RPG rocketafter it was fired at his position.

- Is described by mercenariesand snipersas being too fast to track (implying FTE).

- Has dodged RPG rockets by swinging to the side on a zipline or jumping off a bridge (listed on his profile).

Range: Should be: Standard melee range. Several meters with grenades. Tens to hundreds of meters with firearms.

Other Profile Revisions:

Ability Additions:

- Explosion Manipulation (this is a given due to the grenades and RPG's he uses).

- Enhanced Senses (Sensed that he and Elena were being watched in a jungle and fought dozens of Descendants in the darkin an underground bunker with only a mere flashlight to help him see).

- Social Influencing (Utilizes banter to draw out conversations in order to buy time, make his opponents lower his guard by making himself seem incompetent and make his foes angry via cracking jokes and mocking them).

- Vehicular Mastery (Shows proficiency in driving standard road vehicles in wild environments and a jetski up small waterfalls and rivers while avoiding explosive barrels and enemy gunfire. Can pilot planes).

- Sleep Manipulation (with tranquilizer darts from Uncharted 2)

- Resistance to Extreme Temperatures (Due to roaming the Rub' al Khali desert for two straight days without food and water. Despite not wearing the appropriate gear and clothing, he managed to power through a blizzard in the Himalayas while bleeding out from a bullet wound. Later, he casually traversed through the mountains with a mere coat on.

- Resistance to Pai (Is a given considering he shrugs off explosions and other lethal accidents with little to no injury).

Profile and Ability Changes:

- Weapon Mastery to Expert Marksman and Minor Swordsmanship separately (The former is a given, the latter is due to contending with Rafe Adler).

- Martial Arts needs to be expanded upon as he's more than a brawler.

- "Incredibly lucky" to Limited Supernatural Luck (His luck needs explaining from bullets being forced to miss him and conveniences being created for him, but it can temporarily be broken under severe pressure from foes constantly shooting him).

- Mind Manipulation is in need of better justification and explanation.

- Removal of the Mysticals from his Base and adding it in a separate tab as Multiplayer Equipment, as they are not a part of his canon arsenal, but only in the Uncharted 4 multiplayer.

- Summary, Intelligence and Weaknesses need to be revised and fixed as they have inaccuracies and or are lackluster.

- Other miscellaneous things like his birth name, ages over the games, etc.

That's pretty much it. I'm willing to add all of these myself if accepted.

Hello.

The changes of this page have already been added, as the OP was misinformed about the way we handle upgrades and changes here. Howevet I've already told him and he asked me to reopen this thread in order to hear everyone's opinion on this subject.

Thank you very much and please understand.

Sorry if I haven't paid attention to this thread. Coronavirus has been eating my time as of late.

I'll try contacting other members soon enough.

Technically, just about everything here seems legitimate, though I have to question what our standards for Supernatural Luck are.

Like, I understand it's only considered limited here. But does just being ridiculously, unnaturally lucky constitute limited Supernatural Luck, or would it explicitly have to come from a genuinely supernatural source to even be considered limited?

The reason why I decided to add "Limited" to his Supernatural Luck is because of how it works for him. His luck is like a meter and can run out under severe pressure. For instance, if Nate is under heavy fire, a good amount of bullets won't hit him, but in turn, his luck decreases until eventually it gives out and one fatal bullet gets through and kills him. His luck can be replenished if he just takes cover for a bit and his luck has other applications but that's irrelevant. So essentially, his luck isn't limitless and can be broken temporarily which is why I decided to add it. His luck isn't from external supernatural forces nor is he stupidly lucky to the point of invincibility.

From that, I would personally assume that Limited Supernatural Luck is when one's luck isn't applicable to everything and can't help the user in every situation. For example, one's luck can help them in casual cases like increasing the likelihood of finding money on the floor, but it won't help them in combat. Other cases of limited luck could be when one's luck comes from an external source (like an item), if one's luck isn't indefinite (like here where it can be broken) or if one's luck also causes bad luck as a side effect. You know, limited in terms of not being overall luck in every single aspect. That's what I think anyway.

I see. I think that's fine then?

I already mentioned his luck's weaknesses in that thread and said Arthur could've won that way, but it wouldn't have made a difference considering the other advantages Nate had (which I also stated in that thread). It won't change anything nor would it matter if Nate does get these upgrades.

one day I want to see a verse where two characters both have stupidly overpowered Supernatural Luck and they fight each other, just to see what'll happen

Since everything here was already technically added, All that is left to discuss is his luck as far as I understand.

Not everything was added. I just added the abilities, not the tier, statistical changes or descriptions I plan to add. Also, I thought we were all square with his luck?

Oh, but how do you create tabs? I'd like for there to be two separate tabs for Base and Multiplayer Equipment, but I have no knowledge on how to do so.

Yeah, I genuinely don't know how to myself. That's pretty much the last thing that needs to be done. Base tab and Multiplayer Equipment tab for his Mystical abilities.

Someone needs to add the respective tabs of Base and Multiplayer Equipment on his profile for his powers and abilities.

Can someone notify which abilities go where? I can deal with the tab problem myself.

The Base tab should consist of his abilities from the start to his resistances. His Mysticals are what need to be put into his Multiplayer Equipment tab. Also, how do you do it? Just asking for future reference.

Back