• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Neopolitan vs. Risotto Nero

Will her Aura protect her from Iron razorblades, Nails, Scalpels, Scissors from cutting up her insides?
And if it does how will she deal with his invisibility and him stealing all her iron and waiting for her to die or pass out from lack of oxygen?

Will her Aura protect her from Iron razorblades, Nails, Scalpels, Scissors from cutting up her insides?
And if it does how will she deal with his invisibility and him stealing all her iron and waiting for her to die or pass out from lack of oxygen?
First things first, does Risotto have to actively target his opponent with his Stand in order for it to affect them? Because if not he'd have a hell of a time doing anything to Neo due to her illusion spam, he'd be fighting an illusory copy of her the entire time while wondering why Metallica isnt doing anything to her.

First things first, does Risotto have to actively target his opponent with his Stand in order for it to affect them? Because if not he'd have a hell of a time doing anything to Neo due to her illusion spam, he'd be fighting an illusory copy of her the entire time while wondering why Metallica isnt doing anything to her.
His stand relies on magnetism so he might be able to keep track of the real neo by using the magnetic forces like how doppio did and aren't her copies stationary?
Once he drains her of most of her iron she shouldn't be able to rely on her semblance as she'd be exhausted

His stand relies on magnetism so he might be able to keep track of the real neo by using the magnetic forces like how doppio did
I don't know if you can make that argument. Risotto never displayed any abilities that involve tracking opponents down. He didn't need to against Doppio, as the latter doesn't have invisibility. Doppio was initially able to track Risotto down because he figured out that his ability works by pulling metal towards him.

His stand relies on magnetism so he might be able to keep track of the real neo by using the magnetic forces like how doppio did and aren't her copies stationary?
Once he drains her of most of her iron she shouldn't be able to rely on her semblance as she'd be exhausted
Her copies arent stationary no, they do pretty much whatever she wants them to, its one of her main tactics in a fight to have her illusory copy fight the opponent while rendering herself invisible so she can constantly misdirect them

He could probably tell what's real or not by what has iron and what doesn't too and he probably could tell where the iron in the area is and use that has an indicator and he only needs to find her once and she'll be bleeding and breathing more heavily and I'm not sure whether or not Neo would cry out in pain when suffering excruciating injuries. As I only seen chapter 1 and a portion of 2 so I'm not sure if she's mute by choice or by injury to her vocal chords

She actually can't speak naturally like she has always been like that I believe

Even as a child she was mute

Her copies arent stationary no, they do pretty much whatever she wants them to, its one of her main tactics in a fight to have her illusory copy fight the opponent while rendering herself invisible so she can constantly misdirect them
Also her profile makes it seem like the copies can't function without her near them to maintain them otherwise they shatter like glass when hit
"Her illusions also seem to be limited in their range; they typically only cover Neo herself, and either a short distance around her or something she is touching. However, she can maintain an illusion after moving away- until something makes contact with it, after which the illusion will shatter. Similar to Blake's semblance, Neo frequently presents an illusion of herself around her own body for her opponent to target, while she escapes or moves unseen to another point of attack."

and if she's nearby when she makes them he might end up affecting her real body when targeting her copies like when he killed the frog near doppio which I believe was unintentional

So for now I'm Voting for Nero

and if she's nearby when she makes them he might end up affecting her real body when targeting her copies like when he killed the frog near doppio which I believe was unintentional

So for now I'm Voting for Nero
Neo's illusions have a significant range actually, she was able to maintain an illusion from tens of meters away inside of a helicopter as well as from a block away outside of a building, she doesnt have to be close to him at all.

And again, how would he affect her if he cant target her due to her being invisible. His profile does not say that Metallica affects everything around him passively so theres no reason to assume he would just affect her by default.

He could probably tell what's real or not by what has iron and what doesn't too and he probably could tell where the iron in the area is and use that has an indicator
Has he ever actually shown the ability to do that though? If not you really cant argue that its something he would do or even have the capacity to do, he's only shown the ability to manipulate iron in opponents near him, not sense iron in the environment.

Neo's illusions have a significant range actually, she was able to maintain an illusion from tens of meters away inside of a helicopter as well as from a block away outside of a building, she doesnt have to be close to him at all.

And again, how would he affect her if he cant target her due to her being invisible. His profile does not say that Metallica affects everything around him passively so theres no reason to assume he would just affect her by default.

I never said passively and as of versus matchup standards the Real Neo would Spawn in within his range allowing him to target her immediately then at that point she's bleeding and can be tracked.

Metallica has the ability to freely manipulate iron in the air and ground using magnetism. The Stand is active within a 5 to 10 meter radius around Risotto, and has enough precision to form objects by gathering the iron inside another person's body. By default, he naturally attracts iron.

Wouldn't he be able to detect the iron or metal in her umbrella too?

I'm going to have to ask you to provide some evidence that he can track iron down or detect it, because I don't recall that ever being stated anywhere. He's able to pull it out of the environment during his fight with Doppio because he knows by default that there are traces of it in grass, sand, and blood, but that doesn't mean he can track it down.

You've yet to provide evidence that Risotto can track down iron or metal. I can't remember that ever being stated anywhere. He's able to pull it out of the environment during his fight with Doppio because he knows by default that there are traces of it in grass, sand, and blood. That doesn't mean he can track it down.
How am I supposed to prove something that Nero did not have to do or even get to do? It's just a logical assumption that he could use his ability that way

Let's say he cant then Nero just spams scalpels until they connect then targets the area where it connected
Also the real neo spawns in his range he can just target her then and there causing her to start bleeding then use the blood as an indicator and what if Neo tries to fight him directly like Yang instead of immediately going invisible.
I still think Nero has better chances of winning a ghost hunt.

How am I supposed to prove something that Nero did not have to do or even get to do? It's just a logical assumption that he could use his ability that way
Because we aren't a website that operates on assumptions. We operate on evidence.

We're not going to upgrade GER to 2-A because it can be "logically assumed" that it created infinite universes, because there's no evidence backing that up, and there's no reason to pick that theory over simpler explanations, such as GER creating a single pocket reality for Diavolo to die in repeatedly, or that Diavolo is simply being transported across already existing universes.

It's the same thing here. Unless you're willing to provide something that I might've missed, I don't recall Risotto ever being stated or shown to be capable of sensing iron with his ability, and I see no reason to pick that theory over the simpler explanation that he just knows all of the places where it's already located, and therefore has immediate access to it at all times.

Because we aren't a website that operates on assumptions. We operate on evidence.

We're not going to upgrade GER to 2-A because it can be "logically assumed" that it created infinite universes, because there's no evidence backing that up, and there's no reason to pick that theory over simpler explanations, such as GER creating a single pocket reality for Diavolo to die in repeatedly, or that Diavolo is simply being transported across already existing universes.

It's the same thing here. Unless you're willing to provide something that I might've missed, I don't recall Risotto ever being stated or shown to be capable of sensing iron with his ability, and I see no reason to pick that theory over the simpler explanation that he just knows all of the places where it's already located, and therefore has immediate access to it at all times.
Will you stop harassing me?I already gave you other valid reasoning for my vote so drop it. For **** sake.

"Because we aren't a website that operates on assumptions. We operate on evidence."
Also this is some major cap but I don't want to derail this thread even further than what you are so keep it rolling.

"Let's say he cant then Nero just spams scalpels until they connect then targets the area where it connected"

Neo comes from a verse where everyone and their mother (literally) can dodge hails of bullets casually enough to have an entire conversation while doing so, him just throwing scalpels isnt enough to guarantee a hit especially with Neo's tendency to dodge everything that comes at her.

"what if Neo tries to fight him directly like Yang instead of immediately going invisible."

Neo was invisible for the majority of the Yang fight, its the reason why there are multiple instances of Yang's attacks just being bounced back without Neo ever hitting her and why she was able to just teleport away when Raven showed up.

Will you stop harassing me?I already gave you other valid reasoning for my vote so drop it. For **** sake.
I elected not to respond to your reasoning, mostly because I was already committed to typing my response before you posted your argument about Risotto spamming scalpels. Also, as the OP, I feel it would be in bad taste for me to try and influence your vote. I will, however, push back against claims I feel are unsupported. Spinoirr seems knowledgeable on RWBY while I am not, so I only have so much room to push back against them.

Also, I'm not harrassing you. I simply told you we need evidence backing up the claim that Risotto can sense iron, and gave an in-depth explanation on why "it's just a logical assumption" doesn't cut it. With all due respect, you shouldn't be on here if you cannot handle that.

Should point out, but wouldnt Nero trying to use some iron against an illusion and nothing happening indicate which is and isn't real?
I feel like there's to much arguing if he can or can't detect iron instead of just going with the more logical "he'd figure it out really fast either way" route.

Should point out, but wouldnt Nero trying to use some iron against an illusion and nothing happening indicate which is and isn't real?
I feel like there's to much arguing if he can or can't detect iron instead of just going with the more logical "he'd figure it out really fast either way" route.
The thing is, there'd only be one illusion at any given time. He's not going to be trying to figure out which is real and which is fake because there'll only be one while Neo renders herself invisible.

Which brings up another problem for Nero; He's 10-A while Neo is High 8-C

I elected not to respond to your reasoning, mostly because I was already committed to typing my response before you posted your argument about Risotto spamming scalpels. Also, as the OP, I feel it would be in bad taste for me to try and influence your vote. I will, however, push back against claims I feel are unsupported. Spinoirr seems knowledgeable on RWBY while I am not, so I only have so much room to push back against them.

Also, I'm not harrassing you. I simply told you we need evidence backing up the claim that Risotto can sense iron, and gave an in-depth explanation on why "it's just a logical assumption" doesn't cut it. With all due respect, you shouldn't be on here if you cannot handle that.
“I shouldn’t be on here if I can’t handle that.”

Don’t tell me what I can and cannot handle please and thank you.

The thing is, there'd only be one illusion at any given time. He's not going to be trying to figure out which is real and which is fake because there'll only be one while Neo renders herself invisible.

Metallica bypasses durability however the only reason this isn’t a stomp rn is that Nero also turns invisible and it becomes a ghost hunt but if Nero makes Neo Vomit razor blades the moment they spawn in he can track her using the blood to finish her off or simply let her suffocate by waiting her out

Nero can go invisible too and usually leads with that, and if he gets one wound on her, it makes tracking her less difficult.

And when it comes to tiers, they both kinda one shot, unless Neo can survive things like blades appearing inside her neck and slicing open her jugular.

Both are kinda in a bad situation here, they both can go invisible, both have good stealth, but can cripple and one shot, etc.

Nero can go invisible too and usually leads with that, and if he gets one wound on her, it makes tracking her less difficult.
Neo's senses should be able to cover that actually, from the recent novel she has absurd aura control enough to rival people who can sense opponents they cant see from tens of meters away. Also, wounding her is kinda hard to do due to her aura forcefield.
And when it comes to tiers, they both kinda one shot, unless Neo can survive things like blades appearing inside her neck and slicing open her jugular.
Eeeeh mid-low regen might cover that? Not sure if thats mid-low or high-low tbh.

I'm aware that she has enhanced senses, and that might be enough to pinpoint Nero, but it's still kinda tough, Nero can go invisible but atop that, he's also a skilled and trained assassin, it's not a normal invisible dude, but rather a invisible dude who knows to mitigate himself and stay hidden. So it's a bit weird, it ain't like he's j u s t invisible.

Also, wounding her is kinda hard to do due to her aura forcefield.

No it isn't, at all, Nero can straight up kill her the moment the match starts if he really wants to. He can essentially thought based one shot as long as the match starts within 10m if he's straight up trying to kill right away, which, oddly enough, that OP started them off in. From range at that, and he might even, after all, his whole schtick is being an assassin and killing, even against Doppio where he started off simply wounding as to get answers from him instead of going straight into the kill, he did so by using crippling attacks that would have killed him overtime, and Doppio only avoided the brunt of the damage via precognition, normally, Nero doesn't have such a reason to not lead with a killing blow, in fact, it's in his job description.
Just have blades spawn inside her head, Nero doesn't need to bypass any aura at all, he isn't attacking from the outside, he's attacking from within her, the aura is a completely moot point here, which is why I brought it up, if he wasn't attacking internally he wouldn't be able to harm to begin with, he lacks the AP, it's the dura neg that allows him to wound in the first place, it's also what allows him to bypass the aura and one shot even if he plays his cards right.

Eeeeh mid-low regen might cover that? Not sure if thats mid-low or high-low tbh.

It was an example of something he actually tried to do against Doppio, if he's not ******* around it could be far worse, nothing is stopping him from spawning blades inside someone's head.

So as I said, it's really not so simple, they're both in really bad situations here.

Neo's senses should be able to cover that actually, from the recent novel she has absurd aura control enough to rival people who can sense opponents they cant see from tens of meters away. Also, wounding her is kinda hard to do due to her aura forcefield.

Regen wouldn’t replenish any iron in her body as iron can’t be naturally made and needs to be absorbed from eating meats and wouldn’t prevent her from suffocating from lack of iron

I'm aware that she has enhanced senses, and that might be enough to pinpoint Nero, but it's still kinda tough, Nero can go invisible but atop that, he's also a skilled and trained assassin, it's not a normal invisible dude, but rather a invisible dude who knows to mitigate himself and stay hidden. So it's a bit weird, it ain't like he's j u s t invisible.
Neo by word of god would beat the most skilled assassin and one of the most blanket skilled CQC fighters in her verse as well as match an opponent with instinctive reactions so him being a skilled assassin really isnt enough to stay out of her senses.
No it isn't, at all, Nero can straight up kill her the moment the match starts if he really wants to. He can essentially thought based one shot as long as the match starts within 10m if he's straight up trying to kill right away, which, oddly enough, that OP started them off in.

It was an example of something he actually tried to do against Doppio, if he's not ******* around it could be far worse, nothing is stopping him from spawning blades inside someone's head.
Fair but from what we've seen he doesnt lead with immediately splitting open someone's head with scissors, and hes not bloodlusted here nor is does he have prior knowledge.
Just have blades spawn inside her head, Nero doesn't need to bypass any aura at all, he isn't attacking from the outside, he's attacking from within her, the aura is a completely moot point here, which is why I brought it up, if he wasn't attacking internally he wouldn't be able to harm to begin with, he lacks the AP, it's the dura neg that allows him to wound in the first place, it's also what allows him to bypass the aura and one shot even if he plays his cards right.
What is the reasoning for Metallica bypassing aura?

Neo by word of god would beat the most skilled assassin and one of the most blanket skilled CQC fighters in her verse as well as match an opponent with instinctive reactions so him being a skilled assassin really isnt enough to stay out of her senses.

Literally none of what you said indicates "yeah she can sense a master assassin who's invisible and is actively mitigating any and all movements to heighten that making himself far harder to detect even if he was just invisible".
All you said is that she herself is skilled and can probably do the same things and can keep up with dude's with instinctive reactions. Which while cool, are pretty moot when it comes to this, none of that actually helps detect Nero. Actually though, her being able to do the same thing doesn't help, instinctive reactions isnt even relevant at all, and being skilled in CQC doesn't help either, you just listed off unrelated things.
By that logic I can say Nero can sense Neo because he too is invisible, when that doesn't actually help him detect her, even if he can do that same shit.
Or how Nero can nearly kill someone who knows where he was, had precog and still managed to hide from him, but that leaves out context and Neo isn't using the same means so it's a false equivalence.

Fair but from what we've seen he doesnt lead with immediately splitting open someone's head with scissors, and hes not bloodlusted here nor is does he have prior knowledge.

From what we seen? You mean the fight were he started off not trying to kill because he wanted answers as to who Doppio was and who the boss is because he assumed Doppio had deep connections to the boss, his main target, because whoever the boss trusted enough to send there MUST have some deep connection to him? (Which is true, in fact Nero undersold it, The Boss doesn't trust ANYONE enough to do it, he sent himself).
In a normal situation he isn't gonna be trying to wear and cripple his foe down, it's a one and done type of thing, he has no reason not to spawn a knife inside her head.
Doppio is an exception, his normal job is killing people and then ******* without any time for anyone to even know he was there. Treating Nero as if he's trying to interrogate someone in this fight like he was doing with Doppio is somewhat disingenuous to how he should act normally when in a fight or trying to kill.

What is the reasoning for Metallica bypassing aura?

Because it spawns inside her? He doesn't need to go through it, damage it or anything of the sort, it spawns within her body, ie, past the aura, that's how the ability functions, pretty straightforward, I'm surprised you even have to ask why.

So again, not seeing anything that puts Neo at a huge advantage here, both her and Nero are kinda ****** if they **** up even once or if they hesitate at the start for even a moment. 10m is a pretty damning starting distance though, that's right within Nero's AOE. If it was even just 11m I'd have been inclined to say Neo would probably win but 10m is just enough.

Literally none of what you said indicates "yeah she can sense a master assassin who's invisible and is actively mitigating any and all movements to heighten that making himself far harder to detect even if he was just invisible".
Yes, she can sense him as she can sense life forces and killing intent via her aura senses.
From what we seen?
Yes, we dont know how he fights against other opponents, he only has the fight with Doppio fight to go off of for how he would go about a fight. Arguing otherwise dips into a bunch of assumptions that have no clear answer as we never saw him fight anyone other than Doppio, thus it cant really be argued that he would fight differently. And again, he has no prep time, no prior knowledge, and isnt bloodlusted, so theres no reason to just assume that he would instantly jump to going for the kill off the bat.
So again, not seeing anything that puts Neo at a huge advantage here, both her and Nero are kinda ****** if they **** up even once or if they hesitate at the start for even a moment. 10m is a pretty damning starting distance though, that's right within Nero's AOE. If it was even just 11m I'd have been inclined to say Neo would probably win but 10m is just enough.
What puts Neo at an advantage here is Nero not leading with an instant killing blow in-character, Neo being able to sense him if he goes invisible, Neo being able to spam her own invisibility and illusions, and being able to oneshot him with a casual punch.

Basically unless you can prove that he actually goes for a lethal blow immediately in combat beyond the reasoning of 'he's an assassin so he must lead with a killing blow', Neo would take this more times than not.

Yes, she can sense him as she can sense life forces and killing intent via her aura senses.

Yes, we dont know how he fights against other opponents, he only has the fight with Doppio fight to go off of for how he would go about a fight. Arguing otherwise dips into a bunch of assumptions that have no clear answer as we never saw him fight anyone other than Doppio, thus it cant really be argued that he would fight differently. And again, he has no prep time, no prior knowledge, and isnt bloodlusted, so theres no reason to just assume that he would instantly jump to going for the kill off the bat.

What puts Neo at an advantage here is Nero not leading with an instant killing blow in-character, Neo being able to sense him if he goes invisible, Neo being able to spam her own invisibility and illusions, and being able to oneshot him with a casual punch.

Basically unless you can prove that he actually goes for a lethal blow immediately in combat beyond the reasoning of 'he's an assassin so he must lead with a killing blow', Neo would take this more times than not.
Oml he only didn't immediately kill doppio because he was interrogating him and the guy on the computer he was threating so he could get what L Squadra needed and imeadietly killed him after they got what they wanted. Nero would 100 percent go for the kill immediately

Oml he only didn't immediately kill doppio because he was interrogating him and the guy on the computer he was threating so he could get what L Squadra needed and imeadietly killed him after they got what they wanted. Nero would 100 percent go for the kill immediately
Well yeah, because he thought doppio was just a weird kid, he didnt lead with killing him off the bat and even after learning that he had stand powers he still didn't lead with killing him

This is the whole fight right and his only fight in all of JoJo on screen

Don't see it on her profile, ergo, don't wanna hear it.

Yes, we dont know how he fights against other opponents,

Yeah, just ignore everything we know about him, his job, his claims, how he acts and everything about him, ignore that and you'd be right. Dude, cut it the **** out, I'm not about to argue why the assassin who has no qualms with killing and actively does it as a profession would use his ability he uses to kill people without ever being detected and without giving them a chance of reprise actually leads with a killing attack in character, just stop, it's a completely stupid argument that isn't worth either of our time.

he only has the fight with Doppio fight to go off of for how he would go about a fight.

Not only is that not all we have to go on, acting like it is is completely disingenuous. And even if we did, cool, he goes for the kill the moment he stops interrogating.

Arguing otherwise dips into a bunch of assumptions that have no clear answer as we never saw him fight anyone other than Doppio,

Acting like assumptions are always inherently bad, to bad, maybe don't use a character where the only fight we see him in is one where he wasn't trying to kill, except when he started trying to kill in said fight, when he started going for one shot kill moves.

thus it cant really be argued that he would fight differently.

And yet I'm arguing for that right now, funny isn't?

And again, he has no prep time, no prior knowledge, and isnt bloodlusted, so theres no reason to just assume that he would instantly jump to going for the kill off the bat.

Doesn't need prep time, doesn't need prior knowledge, how about the fact he's a ******* assassin who's entire livelihood is based around killing people, including Stand Users, without ever giving them a chance to fight back. I'd say Neo not having prior knowledge is more of a detriment given she's explicitly likely to **** around, he's not.

This isn't gonna work, treating Nero as if he's gonna hold back against Neo because "well he held back against a dude he actively wanted alive, untill he didn't want him alive, and then he started killing blows" is so completely ass backwards I'm not negotiating this, he isn't interrogating Neo, he doesn't want her alive, we know he's liable to lead with killing blows, and we know this because he started doing exactly that against Doppio when push came to shove and the fact that it's his JOB.

"Neo is at an advantage because I'm going to pretend that Nero acting under the guise of a completely different situation than what's happening here actually puts her at an advantage", so not an advantage then?

Cool,

The exact ******* second he was done interrogating Doppio as he put two and two together, Nero went immediately for a killing blow.
Couple that with his whole profession, backstory, how we're told he does his shit, and the fact the only time he didn't actively go for the kill was against someone he wanted alive, and still lead with blows that would've killed eventually.
Yeah, no, stop your bullshit, Nero isn't gonna pull his punches here, he has no reason to keep her alive, as such he has no reason not to go for the kill, and we know he goes for the kill when he stops being given reason not to, and even outside of that.

Let's not get into the fact this is Beacon Neo who likes to **** around and actively play with her foes, giving Nero a chance to do anything is bad.

Well yeah, because he thought doppio was just a weird kid, he didnt lead with killing him off the bat and even after learning that he had stand powers he still didn't lead with killing him
Way to leave out the context of he knew he was a Stand User, straight up said why he was keeping him alive, and was trying to get info out of him regarding The Boss because he knew Doppio wasn't just some weird kid, but actually connected to The Boss due to him being a Stand User, guess what, Nero was right, he was not only connected to The Boss, he was The Boss.

If Doppio was a completely unassuming nonthreatening kid Nero wouldn't have done much to him. The fact he was more, and was connected to the boss is what incited it all.

Edit:
And rereading the fight, Nero was going for killing blows anyway early on. He's actually a bit wish washy, leading with a killing blow, back pedaling once he gets super intrigued, taking it cautiously for info, and then going for the kill right away again once he didn't need anymore info.

Says right there he intended that to kill but Doppio only managed to avoid it due to precog. Neo doesn't have precog, Neo isn't gonna know that her head is about to come off. Neo can't regen from that, or really, any of this, she can heal like, cuts, bruises, maybe a hefty gash, but she aint regenerating even something of this caliber that bisects major internal arteries.

Last edited:
"Aura grants the user enhanced senses, allowing them to detect danger in their vicinity, described specifically a sense of being watched without knowing that someone was there[5]. Skilled Aura users are able to enhance this ability, allowing them to detect enemies approaching from a distance and even fight completely blind[15]."

Back