• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

New abilities for Dialga, Palkia and Giratina...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that Dialga and Palkia should also have Conceptual Manipulation, just wanting the material became what it is, and Helio planned to use its power to eliminate the spirit and the emotions as aspects of reality...

"Later, when Diamond and Pearl go through with their assault on Dialga and Palkia, Cyrus attacks them while under the cover of a thick black haze. He reveals the reason for why he tried to make a new world; while Emotion, Knowledge, and Willpower make up a complete world, the world they live always has one that is lacking compared to the other two and as such, Cyrus aims to create a world without any of these aspects, a world that is perfect."

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Cyrus

They should also have intangibility (Non-Corporeal), because their true form is a mass of cosmic energy...

What is your opinion to the respect?

(More abilities have been proposed in a separate comment...)

Dialga and Palkia consisting of their dimensions (3)

Dialga and Palkia True forms

Well, the problem with this is that they can recreate the universe without Mesprit, Uxie and Azelf. If they aren't present, there will be no concept of willpower, knowledge or emotion. But, they do control concepts; their specific concept, that is.

@Lephyr

But Cyrus says that his intention is not only to recreate reality but also to eliminate the spirit and the emotions as aspects of reality...

The given description does not imply that he was erasing the concepts of spirit and whatnot. Just that he was going to erase them.

@The Everlasting

And they would have been erased if the Trio Lake had not intervened since they have a power expressly made to control them, which was expressly given by Arceus...

That doesn't have anything to do with my argument though? There's a difference between erasing all emotion, knowledge and willpower and erasing the concepts of emotion, knowledge and willpower.

I'm not sure whether or not they should have conceptual manip.

However I agree on non-corporeality for all three of them.

@Dragonmasterxyz

Cyrus planned to erase with the power of Dialga and Palkia the emotions and the spirit as aspects of reality do not simply that humans can not feel, also being the two abstract entities I think they should have control over the concept they embody. Although all this can be somewhat vague so I do not care if my first proposal is ignored ...

What is your opinion about intangibility?

Non-Corporeality makes sense for their true forms, but not their sealed forms, since they take physical form in the latter case.

I would also like to propose these skills taken from a previous thread:

-Scary Face (Dialga, Palkia and Giratina) = Status Effect Inducement

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Scary_Face_(move)

-Metal Burst (Dialga) = Attack Reflection

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Metal_Burst_(move)

-Destiny Bond (Giratina) = Status Effect Inducement

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Destiny_Bond_(move)

-Ancient Power (Dialga, Palkia and Giratina) = Possible Statistics Amplification

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Ancient_Power_(move)

-Ominous Wind (Giratina) = Possible Statistics Amplification

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Ominous_Wind_(move)

-Dragon Breath (Dialga, Palkia and Giratina) = Possible Status Effect Inducement

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Dragon_Breath_(move)

-Creation for Palkia and Giratina (For obvious reasons ┬»\_Òâä_/┬» )

-Void Manipulation/Existence Erasure for Palkia, Dialga and Giratina (Dialga and Palkia are destroying the fabric of reality and causing all things to reduce to nothing because of the collateral damage of their physical blows, also Cyrus affirms in the games (D&P) that the power of Dialga / Palkia will bring with it the destruction and The new birth of all things. As a last detail in PMD Palkia planned to eliminate from existence the protagonist, who had defeated Primal Dialga and is acausual.)

["Now all will end. And everything will begin. With this Red Chai I will pry open the portal to another dimension. I command that you unleash all your power for me... DialgaD/PalkiaP the mythical Pokémon and the master of timeD/space and dimensionsP! This will bring about the destruction of all things. With everything gone, there will be no fighting and no strife. Can you feel time distorting? Only I can choose to stop itD/Feel the dimensions distorting... Only I can stop itP. This is the mythical Pokémon that created Sinnoh! DialgaD/PalkiaP the ancient deity of timeD/space and dimensionsP! This world cannot be molded into the ultimate world I seek! It's far easier to create an entirely new world than to change this one! A new world in which I am the ruler of all things! I shall become a deity!"]

-http://imgur.com/33vTfc6?r

-http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Cyrus

-Possible Resistance to Time Manipulation for Palkia and Giratina (It constantly fights against Dialga)

-Possible Resistance to Spatial Manipulation for Dialga and Giratina (It constantly fights against Palkia)

-Resistance to Reality Warping for Giratina (Cyrus claims that the world can not return to its original state nor be altered because Giratina balances it, even with the simultaneous power of Dialga and Palkia.)

-[Tenacity: Contact with the Pokémon causes the attacker to flinch] (Dialga)

Standard Equipment:

Adamant Orb
for Dialga: (A brightly gleaming orb to be held by Dialga. It boosts the power of Dragon- and Steel-type moves when it is held.)

Lustrous Orb
for Palkia: (A beautifully glowing orb to be held by Palkia. It boosts the power of Dragon- and Water-type moves when it is held.)

I think that The Everlasting makes sense.

@Lephyr

Scary Face and Destiny Bond would both fall under Status Effect Inducement, as both can be removed simply be retreating.

Metal Burst should be okay, given that's how I described it on Bastiodon's page, but we might need more input on this one.

It's not "Stat Manipulation", it's Statistics Amplification. Stat Manipulation would imply that they're able to do whatever they want with their stats.

The other abilities should be okay.

@Saikou

I understand that, but it's not concrete. Simply retreating from battle temporarily is enough to sever it and it's a condition or geas type situation forced upon the target.

Isnt retreating to sever D.B. game mechanics? I dont recall ever seeing a pokemon being able to escape its effects simply by retreating.

Besides, Giratina can casually travel to other universes and dimensions and just BFR its enemies at will. I don't think simply retreating will cause Giratina's D.B. to go away when Giratina can just keep constantly following it.

True, Giratina in combat constantly travels between dimensions due to Shadow Force, but if you have reduced the statistics in the previous turn they are not restored by using this move...

I agree with all abilities suggested, except aura sphere. This shouldn't simply be listed as "aura manipulation" but as "aura manipulation (via aura sphere)" since as far as I know they cannot manipulate aura in any other way.

As Rep said Scary Face should be considered status effect inducement.

The thing with metal burst is that it is rather a form of counter than reflecting the attack back at the opponent. Do we have a term for this, maybe simply "counter" or "attack countering" or something along the lines? If not, for the lack of a better term "attack reflection" is fine as well. In this case it should be listed as "attack reflection (via metal burst)". With an explanation how it works in the technique section.

I'm not sure what to do with destiny bond either, I'll have to think about that.

The equipment is from mystery dungeon? It seems alright to add this as well.

Yes, but there are new proposals in the previous comment and I would like to know what people think...

DaFritzi said:
I agree with all abilities suggested, except aura sphere. This shouldn't simply be listed as "aura manipulation" but as "aura manipulation (via aura sphere)" since as far as I know they cannot manipulate aura in any other way.
As Rep said Scary Face should be considered status effect inducement.

The thing with metal burst is that it is rather a form of counter than reflecting the attack back at the opponent. Do we have a term for this, maybe simply "counter" or "attack countering" or something along the lines? If not, for the lack of a better term "attack reflection" is fine as well. In this case it should be listed as "attack reflection (via metal burst)". With an explanation how it works in the technique section.

I'm not sure what to do with destiny bond either, I'll have to think about that.

The equipment is from mystery dungeon? It seems alright to add this as well.
In pokemon generations, when cyrus commanded dialga and palkia to create a new world, they had their aura's shine, then sent a ripple through reality. I guess that counts as aura manipulation?

@Rep

Since this was generally accepted could you add the new abilities before we forget about this thread. Feel free to ask if I can help with something. Thanks in advance.

About DB: We can leave it out for now and discuss it in the future or we add it as either OHK or status effect inducement. I would be fine with all three of this choices so I will leave it up to you.

I would also appreciate some help with this.

Well, Reppuzan has already evaluated which parts that were acceptable, and which were not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back