• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

New polls suggestions thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the current list acceptable to use, or should we add more species?

Antvasima said:
Is the current list acceptable to use, or should we add more species?
If you wanna add a curve ball, add the Vulcans or Kaylon from Star Trek and the Orville Respectively I am too lazy to scroll up, but regarding the author poll, Last I checked no one recommended Octavia Butler. She is somewhat underrated around the world and her works are just as deep as Hebert in the Sci Fi genre.

We are more intending to go with the cute and/or pleasant creature theme.

They are probably not well known enough. In addition, Digimon are not exactly cute and cuddly, so we should probably remove them.

Antvasima said:
They are probably not well known enough. In addition, Digimon are not exactly cute and cuddly, so we should probably remove them.
I am vehemently opposed to removing Digimon from the list. By that logic, Pokemon should be removed as well, since Tyrantrum, Tyranitar and Garbodor, among others, aren't cute in the least.

And considering that not only is every single Child Digimon cute by default, but even certain Rookie and Champion Digimon such as Patamo or Gatomo would be considered visually appealing as well, this proposition makes absolutely no sense to me.

Also, on the topic of the DQ Slimes, I'd be in favor of adding them. Not only are they the mascots of the Dragon Quest franchise with a ridiculously wide variety of types and a very signature look, even starring in their own spinoff franchise, but there is a very steady fanbase for the Dragon Quest series as a whole, as proven by the general success of Dragon Quest Builders and the overall hype for Dragon Quest XI.

Okay. I will keep Digimon and add Slimes.

Antvasima said:
Also, we will eventually run out of polls if we just go by the ones listed in the first post, so help to come up with good new ones is appreciated.
Antvasima said:
Still, with 1 poll every month, we seem to be good for 23 months ahead now, meaning almost 2 years, so we do not need to worry about this anymore for a long time.
And we still have questions like "Which superpower would you rather have? Which is the coolest ability? Which is the most efficient ability? Bizzare? Comical? Scary? Dangerous abilities?" that we can ask in frequent intervals given that we have a plethora of pages dedicated to different powers and abilities.

And like I said in the original thread when we came up with the "front page poll" idea, questions like these might make our casual visitors visit the different powers and abilities pages and increase their page views and overall traffic on our site, I guess.

Yes, we should be good for a long time now. The only thing that we need to decide is which poll to use every month.

Which is your favourite fictional creature?

Chao (Sonic)

Chocobos

Digimon

Ewoks

Moogles

Muppets

My Little Ponies

NeoPets

Pokemon

Slimes (Dragon Quest)

Smurfs

Toads (Mario Bros)

Wookies

Anyway, should I add this to the list now?

Antvasima said:
Perhaps this is pedantic, but being perhaps one of the few... dedicated fans of, & seemingly the only Knowledgeable Member for it that isn't retired, regarding the series on VS Battles Wiki, I feel compelled to mention that Neopets has, to my knowledge, never been spelled with a capital "p".

NeopetsLogoFrontpageHeaderLayoutImage
Here's an image that may help demonstrate my point:
Although, I can understand if it may be felt that the capital P within the name/term for the franchise being capitalized helps to distinguish "Neo" and "Pets", making the term stand out more, or being more easily identifiable, or easier understood by people unfamiliar with the work.

My point is the spelling currently listed is, as far as I know (Which is with a fair amount of certainty.), an inaccurate spelling. But if there are good reasons to keep it spelled that way, then I'm not that opposed.

Pardon me going into such length about this probably trivial matter, please.

Please don't quote large texts. Just trim it down.

I have updated the front page poll with the "favourite writer" survey.

Which one do you think that we should use next month?

You repeated the Endgame question in the OP.

We have several anime polls. Which one do you refer to specifically?

Just to clarify again, should we use the one for shounen anime or other anime?

Okay. I suppose that we can use both of them in succession.

Nah, don't use the anime questions in succession. You can leave the shounen one for later.

Wait, should we do a "favorite anime protagonist" poll, also likely split up into shounen and non? Since people may have differing feelings on a particular character, rather than the show as a whole.

Options (at least for shounen anime list, atm) would include:

Goku

Ichigo Kurosaki

Izuku Midoriya

Jotaro Kujo

Light Yagami

Monkey D. Luffy

Naruto Uzumaki

Natsu Dragneel

Pegasus Seiya

Saitama

Yugi Moto

Yusuke Urameshi

I suppose, but we already have 21 polls in line, and only use one every month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back