• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

New Power: Double Jump

Welp, people above suggested to create a page about acrobatic powers, that I guess it can involve Mid-Air Jump, Wallrunning (not the same as Adhesivity) and similar.

@Rei Rubro, that would be a variation of Organic Manipulation, although, we do not have said power.

Sugar is composed (or made of, do not remember much chemistry) of saccharide, that is a basic carbohydrate. Controlling any carbone-based sustance is Organic Manipulation. Manipulating any organic aspect that is alive is Biological Manipulation.

That would fall under shapeshifting, how the ability of the character works should be listen in the profile (if limited by weight, height, gender, composition, etc.). Just an example, I known people is joking about it.

Well, I said maybe, if the ability is reworked to air walking or somesuch.

I agree with Matt, Spin Dash is more so a technique rather than a power; same with Double Jump.

So should we delete spin dash and remove all the links to it from the profile pages?

I'd be willing to once the page is ready to be deleted.

Okay. Thank you for the help.

Are the rest of you fine with if I delete the page?

Considering I tried to get it deleted before, I also agree with deleting spin dash.

Okay. I will do so. Promestein has offered to use an automated script to get rid of the links to the spin dash page.

I have asked Promestein to handle it.

Personally I think we should strive to have a minimalist attitude for powers pages, having general powers that can be detailed on the pages themselves.

Most games with a double jump won't go over anything of the sort in the lore, or even generally have lore outside of the gameplay much, so this would be an unneeded mess to implement anyways.

It's for practical purposes a limited form of flight. I doubt there's enough who use it to warrant an entire page.

Far too general for it to be realistically implemented without a wikiwide editing project. At best a subset of martial arts.

Antvasima said:
That said, characters such as Sanji can run on air. Perhaps we could rename the ability based on that instead?
This ability is also used by many members of SP9, such as Rob Lucci, as well as literally every Shinigami ever.

SP9 refers to this ability as "Moon Stepping," so that could be a good name for this ability if it's accepted.

If we were to create such a page, "air walking" would be a more easily understood title.

I suppose that "Limited Flight (Can walk on air)" might work better for something like this, yes.

Back