• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

New Shonen Smackdown (Tanjiro Kamado vs. Izuku "Deku" Midoriya) (GRACE)

Why are you guys FRAing deku? DS gets negged by STW, STW lets you see slower characters in slow motion, Tanjiro has the skill advantage too, RPL should take care of deku's amps. I'm voting Tanjiro FRA

Why are you guys FRAing deku? DS gets negged by STW, STW lets you see slower characters in slow motion, Tanjiro has the skill advantage too, RPL should take care of deku's amps. I'm voting Tanjiro FRA
Was blackwhip never mentioned above? (I only skimmed through), Blackwhip is essentially a field of whips that share his AP (In his fight against lady nagant, it was a method of attack he used), but also can be used to grapple, His Class M absolutely destroys Tanjiro's Class 25 so one grab should be game over

Was blackwhip never mentioned above? (I only skimmed through), Blackwhip is essentially a field of whips that share his AP (In his fight against lady nagant, it was a method of attack he used), but also can be used to grapple, His Class M absolutely destroys Tanjiro's Class 25 so one grab should be game over
No it wouldn't be unless he just makes tanjiro stay there for 24 hours cause thats how long you need to restrain someone if you want a win due to incap

No it wouldn't be unless he just makes tanjiro stay there for 24 hours cause thats how long you need to restrain someone if you want a win due to incap
He has been able to go on multiple days fighting villains across the entirety of Japan with no issue, so I'd say the 24 hour cap would be reachable. Also his AP is >120 tons and Tanjiro's seems to be 100 (I'm not good at navigation on this site). So one grab would let him pound Tanjiro into the dirt for another option.

He has been able to go on multiple days fighting villains across the entirety of Japan with no issue, so I'd say the 24 hour cap would be reachable. Also his AP is >120 tons and Tanjiro's seems to be 100 (I'm not good at navigation on this site). So one grab would let him pound Tanjiro into the dirt for another option.
Its not about stamina, Its about the absurdity of deku IN CHARACTER restraining someone for a full day instead of fighting them. Also him getting hit by it is unlikely anyways cause Precog + Senses that lets him see faster characters in slow motion.

Its not about stamina, Its about the absurdity of deku IN CHARACTER restraining someone for a full day instead of fighting them. Also him getting hit by it is unlikely anyways cause Precog + Senses that lets him see faster characters in slow motion.
Oh, then idk, it works? He makes strategies on the fly and if he sees that Tanjiro could beat him in one on one he'd grab or just leave with float, we've seen him create strategies on the fly (like against Lady Nagant, His first fight against Bakugou, I believe some planning went into the licensing exam, etc). It wouldn't be unreasonable to say he'd see a way to win and take it.

Could STW do anything against Blackwhip
From what I've read it slows it down, because blackwhip is inorganic by itself, and Deku has shown no pain in it being cut, I'd say it's reasonable to say that Tanjiro would have an easier time dodging it but nothing more than that, as cutting will just leave himself open to another one grabbing him

Oh, then idk, it works? He makes strategies on the fly and if he sees that Tanjiro could beat him in one on one he'd grab or just leave with float, we've seen him create strategies on the fly (like against Lady Nagant, His first fight against Bakugou, I believe some planning went into the licensing exam, etc). It wouldn't be unreasonable to say he'd see a way to win and take it.
Yes it is unreasonable, Restricting your opponent sounds so dumb in a combat scenario and deku doesn't know that this site would let him win if he incaps the opponent for 24 hours anyways, In his perspective he's basically doing nothing.

Yeah that's my main issue with restraining on this site. Who in character would restrain an opponent for 24 hours lol.

Yes it is unreasonable, Restricting your opponent sounds so dumb in a combat scenario and deku doesn't know that this site would let him win if he incaps the opponent for 24 hours anyways, In his perspective he's basically doing nothing.
So then it leaves us with Float where Deku can just fly off and attack with Black-whip, which he has hundreds of meters for, and again, if he knows Tanjiro can beat him 1 on 1 and it's pointless to fight up-close he'll make a new plan, it's what he has done multiple times now

So then it leaves us with Float where Deku can just fly off and attack with Black-whip, which he has hundreds of meters for, and again, if he knows Tanjiro can beat him 1 on 1 and it's pointless to fight up-close he'll make a new plan, it's what he has done multiple times now
That sounds way out of character for deku and I'm not even caught up with mha yet, If my memory serves me right deku is 100% a close ranged fighter, And why would his first tactic be to fly up and range spam, he's never done that. He'll probably think of a strategy on CQC or something. Because range spamming is OOC for him

That sounds way out of character for deku and I'm not even caught up with mha yet, If my memory serves me right deku is 100% a close ranged fighter, And why would his first tactic be to fly up and range spam, he's never done that. He'll probably think of a strategy on CQC or something. Because range spamming is OOC for him
He essentially did that vs Muscular. Plus he even lamented that he had to get close to Overhaul and wanted a ranged option. He also range spammed against Monoma so no it isn’t OOC he just needs a reason and I’m sure a swords man who’s a better CQC fighter than him and can seemingly read his moves would make him keep his distance.

I’d also like to add that Deku’s shockwaves in this key scale significantly above 127 tons so he can realistically keep his distance and fight.

1: This is 30% not 100%

2: He has gone for range before, against Lady Nagant for instance he knew that Close range would be a death sentence as she can curve her bullets to hit him for deadly shots, so he stayed at a range using Black-whip, and built Fa-Jin, which we haven't talked about. Fa-jin stores kinetic energy which he can get from moving. It wouldn't be unreasonable to say that he could build up enough energy to one shot Tanjiro. as Deku already has (atleast) a 1.2x AP advantage, Each jump will give deku more and more energy to use. Even if it's one hit the base shock wave from that will hurt him.

3: Gentle Criminal, he knew that because of Gentles quirk close range is dangerous, so he shot air bullets until he could get his opportunity. This isn't OOC, this is him using his brain

He essentially did that vs Muscular. Plus he even lamented that he had to get close to Overhaul and wanted a ranged option. He also range spammed against Monoma so no it isn’t OOC he just needs a reason and I’m sure a swords man who’s a better CQC fighter than him and can seemingly read his moves would make him keep his distance.

I’d also like to add that Deku’s shockwaves in this key scale significantly above 127 tons so he can realistically keep his distance and fight.
(For anyone not caught up with that point in the manga, the two had a rematch)

Can you show scans of him basically spamming these shockwaves from long range?

1: This is 30% not 100%

2: He has gone for range before, against Lady Nagant for instance he knew that Close range would be a death sentence as she can curve her bullets to hit him for deadly shots, so he stayed at a range using Black-whip, and built Fa-Jin, which we haven't talked about. Fa-jin stores kinetic energy which he can get from moving. It wouldn't be unreasonable to say that he could build up enough energy to one shot Tanjiro. as Deku already has (atleast) a 1.2x AP advantage, Each jump will give deku more and more energy to use. Even if it's one hit the base shock wave from that will hurt him.

3: Gentle Criminal, he knew that because of Gentles quirk close range is dangerous, so he shot air bullets until he could get his opportunity. This isn't OOC, this is him using his brain
No.. I wasn't talking about his forms, I was talking about how sure I was on deku being a CQC fighter..

Fa Jin WAS already talked about, also send proof of fa jin amping him to the point of a one shot. Also a 1.2x advantage is like nothing. And tanjiro massively upscales from that.

Yeah no, You straight up said he'd spam range, that isn't him spamming range, That's literally him using range to get an opening FOR cqc. He didn't spam it unlike you implied

No.. I wasn't talking about his forms, I was talking about how sure I was on deku being a CQC fighter..

Fa Jin WAS already talked about, also send proof of fa jin amping him to the point of a one shot. Also a 1.2x advantage is like nothing. And tanjiro massively upscales from that.

Yeah no, You straight up said he'd spam range, that isn't him spamming range, That's literally him using range to get an opening FOR cqc. He didn't spam it unlike you implied
I said Fa-jin COULD, amp him to a one shot, as I said it stores kinetic energy he can use for later. If he releases it all at once, well I'm sure you can infer what that would mean.

Also He doesn't massively upscale, he's given an Atleast rating, which tells us nothing other than baseline or maybe higher

Can you show scans of him basically spamming these shockwaves from long range?
Main one I can think of is his battle with Gentle where he kept using Air Force till Gentle was open and he could get him. Also his battle with Monoma but that got interrupted by Blackwhip. He also pretty much played keep away with Muscular till he unraveled.

Deku isn’t an exclusive CQC fighter. He likes to do his finish at close range but he can and has kept his distance for majority of a battle and had no intention of getting close to his opponent till he could get a victory. I could also bring up his battle with Todoroki as a situation in which he spammed shockwaves till he saw an opening.

Deku is massively upscaling from 127 tons which is the power of a shockwave of a much weaker form. Considering Tanjiro is massively upscaling from baseline Deku essentially has that 1.2 times edge if not more. Deku used a Fa Jin kick to break Nagant’s rifle and said rifle had previously harmed Deku.

If he sees no opening he’s gonna spam it.

I said Fa-jin COULD, amp him to a one shot, as I said it stores kinetic energy he can use for later. If he releases it all at once, well I'm sure you can infer what that would mean.

Also He doesn't massively upscale, he's given an Atleast rating, which tells us nothing other than baseline or maybe higher
If it never did amp him to the point of one shotting someone comparable to him pre amp then its not happening here, I thought he fights for days on end? Wouldn't he have a shit ton of kinetic energy stored by then? It wouldn't be hard to find an instance of him one shotting then.

He does dude.. He scales to a weakened muzan who scales way way above the upper moons and the upper moons themselves scales way above one another. Muzan >>>>> Kokushibo >>>> Douma (Who did the feat while filled with 50 kilograms of poison) And he scales to that.
Main one I can think of is his battle with Gentle where he kept using Air Force till Gentle was open and he could get him. Also his battle with Monoma but that got interrupted by Blackwhip. He also pretty much played keep away with Muscular till he unraveled.

Deku isn’t an exclusive CQC fighter. He likes to do his finish at close range but he can and has kept his distance for majority of a battle and had no intention of getting close to his opponent till he could get a victory. I could also bring up his battle with Todoroki as a situation in which he spammed shockwaves till he saw an opening.

Deku is massively upscaling from 127 tons which is the power of a shockwave of a much weaker form. Considering Tanjiro is massively upscaling from baseline Deku essentially has that 1.2 times edge if not more. Deku used a Fa Jin kick to break Nagant’s rifle and said rifle had previously harmed Deku.

If he sees no opening he’s gonna spam it.
Send me a scan of him spamming range. That's it. Plus all those instances are against people who absolutely dominate him whilst the only advantage tanjiro here has is senses and skill. Todoroki was just wayy too strong for him and if he gets into CQC he dies, that's not the same here. When has his first instinct be to spam range attacks when he has one disadvantage in CQC, He has the versatility advantage by a huge margin. He'd try to come up with a tactic close range instead

Last edited:
I’m still voting Deku even if Tanjiro’s only win con is pre cog even though deku has the same and tanjiro can’t fully nullify danger sense

If it never did amp him to the point of one shotting someone comparable to him pre amp then its not happening here, I thought he fights for days on end? Wouldn't he have a shit ton of kinetic energy stored by then? It wouldn't be hard to find an instance of him one shotting then.

He does dude.. He scales to a weakened muzan who scales way way above the upper moons and the upper moons themselves scales way above one another. Muzan >>>>> Kokushibo >>>> Douma (Who did the feat while filled with 50 kilograms of poison) And he scales to that.

Send me a scan of him spamming range. That's it. Plus all those instances are against people who absolutely dominate him whilst the only advantage tanjiro here has is senses and skill. Todoroki was just wayy too strong for him and if he gets into CQC he dies, that's not the same here. When has his first instinct be to spam range attacks when he has one disadvantage in CQC, He has the versatility advantage by a huge margin. He'd try to come up with a tactic close range instead
Fa Jin doesn’t passively store energy he has to turn it on so no he doesn’t just run around with energy to kill people especially when his normal level can handle most of the foes he’s recently faced. I also gave you an example. He went from getting harmed by Nagant’s rifle to breaking it in one kick after the amp now imagine if he turned that force on her head or throat.

You wouldn’t call a person who’s predicting your every move and not getting touched at all while repeatedly tagging you and somehow not triggering your precog domination? Deku wouldn’t be able to do anything against Tanjirou besides back off.

I don’t see a need to send a scan here cause you already know how he fights as you’ve said it yourself. Use range to make an opening and finish the enemy the problem here though is he most likely won’t see that opening so he’d be forced to keep trying his ranged options. Which is why I said this is most likely an incon.

Deku won’t find an opening cause Tanjiro can just keep dodging but Tanjiro can’t hit Deku cause of flight and range.

Tanjiro’s win con is to overwhelm Deku in CQC till he drops. Unlikely as Deku is tougher, has stupid pain tolerance and can keep his distance.

Deku’s win cons are to hit Tanjiro hard enough to KO or bind him to do that. The problem is Tanjiro’s precog.

Both have equal stamina as well so no outlasting. Although I’d like to ask again this Tanjirou starts in his DS mark state right?

Fa Jin doesn’t passively store energy he has to turn it on so no he doesn’t just run around with energy to kill people especially when his normal level can handle most of the foes he’s recently faced. I also gave you an example. He went from getting harmed by Nagant’s rifle to breaking it in one kick after the amp now imagine if he turned that force on her head or throat.

You wouldn’t call a person who’s predicting your every move and not getting touched at all while repeatedly tagging you and somehow not triggering your precog domination? Deku wouldn’t be able to do anything against Tanjirou besides back off.

I don’t see a need to send a scan here cause you already know how he fights as you’ve said it yourself. Use range to make an opening and finish the enemy the problem here though is he most likely won’t see that opening so he’d be forced to keep trying his ranged options. Which is why I said this is most likely an incon.

Deku won’t find an opening cause Tanjiro can just keep dodging but Tanjiro can’t hit Deku cause of flight and range.
I am still in need of proof that it can amp up to 7x because thats how much you need to one shot.

Deku doesn't know tanjiro is sensing his every movement, He could just think he's dodging or something, Plus deku Can hit him with AoE close range but not with fists.

Yes I know, and he fights CQC, I've just watched the anime not the manga so yes there is a need to send scans.

the thought of deku just flying and then range spamming from there is just absurd. I need scans. Like using ranged attacks is one thing but flying and then range spamming?

I am still in need of proof that it can amp up to 7x because thats how much you need to one shot.

Deku doesn't know tanjiro is sensing his every movement, He could just think he's dodging or something, Plus deku Can hit him with AoE close range but not with fists.

Yes I know, and he fights CQC, I've just watched the anime not the manga so yes there is a need to send scans.

the thought of deku just flying and then range spamming from there is just absurd. I need scans. Like using ranged attacks is one thing but flying and then range spamming?
He broke the limb of a character who scales to him that’s it. 7x multiplier isn’t necessary in this case as it’s demonstrated to be enough to break people on his level so that’s just his scaling (probably won’t even hit Tanjiro anyway).

Tanjiro would be beginning his movements before Deku even throws his. As someone who uses analytical prediction and precog I highly doubt he won’t notice Tanjiro doing what he does especially since Tanjiro’s smell precog is kinda like DS as it designates the direction of attack. Also are you saying Deku beats Tanjiro at close range?

The Todoroki fight is evidence enough for what I mean. You’ve also watched the anime so you’ve seen his fights with Monoma and Gentle as well.

Why is flying and then using range so absurd? Would he not use the tools in his arsenal? It isn’t as though Deku hasn’t jumped around while keeping back.

He broke the limb of a character who scales to him that’s it. 7x multiplier isn’t necessary in this case as it’s demonstrated to be enough to break people on his level so that’s just his scaling (probably won’t even hit Tanjiro anyway).

Tanjiro would be beginning his movements before Deku even throws his. As someone who uses analytical prediction and precog I highly doubt he won’t notice Tanjiro doing what he does especially since Tanjiro’s smell precog is kinda like DS as it designates the direction of attack. Also are you saying Deku beats Tanjiro at close range?

The Todoroki fight is evidence enough for what I mean. You’ve also watched the anime so you’ve seen his fights with Monoma and Gentle as well.

Why is flying and then using range so absurd? Would he not use the tools in his arsenal? It isn’t as though Deku hasn’t jumped around while keeping back.

It is, breaking the limb of somebody means nothing except that you're stronger than them.

It's already discussed how STW negates his DS right.. Plus when did I say deku beats tan close range? Quote me.

Monoma and gentle? Not yet. (I can't remember if I've seen the gentle fight, it sounds familiar) I could've forgotten it but I'm on the part where nighteye dies.

He didn't fly then range spam against todoroki, in fact was he not trying to go into CQC all the time but todoriki just wasn't letting him? Also in the scan you sent deku isn't flying then range spamming, its literally just him dodging and he was in CQC the entire fight. Also tanjiro's rage power lets him amp to the point of overwhelming characters who were previously toying with his base and blitzing him.

Ok since no one wants to answer my question concerning Tanjiro and since he doesn’t have a higher on his profile for this key I’m gonna assume he starts in that state in which case Deku should outlast him as his DS burns through his stamina.

It is, breaking the limb of somebody means nothing except that you're stronger than them.

It's already discussed how STW negates his DS right.. Plus when did I say deku beats tan close range? Quote me.

Monoma and gentle? Not yet. (I can't remember if I've seen the gentle fight, it sounds familiar) I could've forgotten it but I'm on the part where nighteye dies.

He didn't fly then range spam against todoroki, in fact was he not trying to go into CQC all the time but todoriki just wasn't letting him? Also in the scan you sent deku isn't flying then range spamming, its literally just him dodging and he was in CQC the entire fight. Also tanjiro's rage power lets him amp to the point of overwhelming characters who were previously toying with his base and blitzing him.
Ok so Deku can break Tanjiro’s bones and then some if he hits him as he’s weaker than Deku.

When did I say Deku’s Danger Sense would work? I just said as Deku himself has a similar ability he’d be able to notice what Tanjiro is doing (plus he’s fought 3 different people who rely on prediction so it’s even more likely he’d notice). Heck even other mha characters without precog notice when someone is reading them very quickly.

No he wasn’t trying to go CQC against Todo until he noticed his weakness and took advantage of his right foot being above the ground for an instant to attack. He couldn’t even fly against Todoroki as he hadn’t gained that power yet.

He activated his flight right before the barrage of attacks began. You literally see him on panel back up, tie Muscular’s body and throw him away. He only got close again when Muscular’s quirk gave out.

Ok so Deku can break Tanjiro’s bones and then some if he hits him as he’s weaker than Deku.

When did I say Deku’s Danger Sense would work? I just said as Deku himself has a similar ability he’d be able to notice what Tanjiro is doing (plus he’s fought 3 different people who rely on prediction so it’s even more likely he’d notice). Heck even other mha characters without precog notice when someone is reading them very quickly.

No he wasn’t trying to go CQC against Todo until he noticed his weakness and took advantage of his right foot being above the ground for an instant to attack. He couldn’t even fly against Todoroki as he hadn’t gained that power yet.

He activated his flight right before the barrage of attacks began. You literally see him on panel back up, tie Muscular’s body and throw him away. He only got close again when Muscular’s quirk gave out.
Tanjiro upscales from his value. By a massive margin.

Just cause he has precog too doesn't mean he'll know if someone has precog or if they are just dodging, Is there even any difference? Precog just lets you dodge stuff easier its not like theres some sort of indicator that'll let deku know he has precog.

Pretty sure he was although I could be forgetting.

Yeah, that's him dodging and I didn't ask for scans of him dodging I'm asking for scans of him flying and then range spamming from up there.

His page says it’s always active and his key doesn’t have a ‘higher with DSM’ rating. This Tanjiro is also the one who fought Muzan so he should have it on as he was going all out against him.
No he doesn't always have active where you did get that? DS mark always have to be activated since we literally saw muichiro and gyomei activate theirs, and gyomei stated that he was saving his mark for muzan which is impossible if the DS was just on all the times. also thats literally not how it works, Just cause he was fighting muzan in this key doesn't mean that this fight would happen right after that fight or something, The fights of the version thats being used affects nothing on matches made with them on this site, if thats the case then tanjiro would also be tired here due to fighting muzan.

Tanjiro upscales from his value. By a massive margin.

Just cause he has precog too doesn't mean he'll know if someone has precog or if they are just dodging, Is there even any difference? Precog just lets you dodge stuff easier its not like theres some sort of indicator that'll let deku know he has precog.

Pretty sure he was although I could be forgetting.

Yeah, that's him dodging and I didn't ask for scans of him dodging I'm asking for scans of him flying and then range spamming from up there.
As does Deku as the AP he’s scaling from is the wind of a much weaker state. So Deku more than likely has the edge at best you could argue they’re equal.

Tanjiro would be beginning his movement before Deku does his. As I’ve already said other mha characters can tell when someone is predicting their moves very quickly. Deku has fought 3 people who use prediction and he too uses it and has precog. I highly doubt he wouldn’t be able to tell.

You are. Deku explicitly mentioned he’d keep his distance to gather info on Todoroki cause he believed Todoroki to be superior to himself.

I gave them. He dodged, made distance and kept it till his opponent was open to a KO and again the Todoroki fight is an expample. Your argument isn’t even that Deku wouldn’t do these things but that you don’t want to believe he’d keep distance to gather info on a target.

Back