• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

New skills for seiya

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crateris Aeson said:
Yes, but this user wants to compare franchises. And Saint Seiya also has a blog about the canon of the franchise made by Matthew Schroeder
And as such, follow that blog. Simple as that. If they have an issue, they can take it up with Matt on his message wall. This isn't a SS Canonicity thread.

This is not a thread to discuss SS's canoncity, so Im politely asking everyone to stick to what the OP is suggesting.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
And as such, follow that blog. Simple as that. If they have an issue, they can take it up with Matt on his message wall. This isn't a SS Canonicity thread.
You're right. Although I just wanted to clarify what is the canon of the franchise, because some people insist otherwise, even comparing it with other franchises.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Crateris Aeson said:
Yes, but this user wants to compare franchises. And Saint Seiya also has a blog about the canon of the franchise made by Matthew Schroeder
You are right, the point here is not the canonicity but the proposals of the thread for the seiya.

If you want to debate Seiya having probability Manipulation, or fate/destiny manipulation. I think we need to take a closer look at the context of miracles. I am not aganist, but kinda doubtful...

if you picks up from the base the dictionary, only the fact that he makes miracles always possible, is probability manipulation.

Crateris Aeson said:
Dragonmasterxyz said:
You're right. Although I just wanted to clarify what is the canon of the franchise, because some people insist otherwise, even comparing it with other franchises.
Sorry too confident In my Digimon and SS knowlage to not reply and could go on all day if someone replying to me, tho I could really pic any series that fuctions similar to make the point. But suggested to stop, i'm stopping.

Anyway

Miracles by defintion "surprising and welcome event that is not explicable by natural or scientific laws and is therefore considered to be the work of a divine agency."

In Saint Seiya It's usually shown as going beyond human limitaions, Like Mu destorying The God Iapetus summoned, and Shura Moving faster than the big bang.

The way Hades explans Seiya it seems pretty clear seiya is special and linked to creating and preforming miracles, which is much more than just a boost in power but changing things to create victory, sounds like probability manipulation to me.

010 (3)

We can infer from this scan the top right that "Miracles" is either Resistance to Fate/Desinty/Probability manipulation, or it could confirm that Miracles are capable of manipulating fate/destiniy/probability. What is the difference between those 3 again?

@TheUpgradeMan I do not understand, what do you mean?wonder if saints have resistance to fate, then the answer is NO.because saints if not they would always win (like a pegasus), the context of the scan talks about saints being able to create miracles and change the course of fate through their choices and actions.

You should read what you said carefully... "resistance to fate, then the answer is no.." "The context of the scan talks about saints being able to create miracles and *Change the Course of FATE*....through their choices and actions."

It was a choice to never give up... to keep fighting.. that is also an action..

I don't know of this is posted or not but this could be implying that humans are governed by a pre determined fate.

"humans do not choose their "

[Edit] I'm not saying this is fact, but miracles are a very unelaborated thing in the verse. I'm trying to find scans about them

if you think their quotes will create their own future based on their miracles, then my friend, you're thinking wrong.

Saint Seiya: Tenkai-hen (Overture), Seiya is claimed to be a killer of Gods being a threat to the Gods of Olympus, something that the other Bronze Saints were not. In Lost Canvas Pegasus Tenma would be used as a weapon against the Gods of Olympus by the fallen God Kairos (Mephistopheles Yohma), Virgo Asmita affirms that Tenma as well as the other Pegasus are able to kill Gods and that the Pegasus have a special connection with Athena from the mythological times. Saori (Athena) in Next Dimension states that the Pegasus are primarily responsible for most of the deaths of the gods who have faced Athena since mythological times. Obviously the Saints of Pegasus are able to generate miracles that allow to overcome obstacles as well as to overcome Gods that the other Saints are not able to realize. The statements and context in in Saint seiya Assassin demonstrates this skill of the Saints of Pegasus quite obviously.

Episode G Chapter 23

Gods have the power to control destiny, and miracles is the power of Saints to resist the forced upon them destiny.

TheUpgradeManHaHaxD said:
Episode G Chapter 23

Gods have the power to control destiny, and miracles is the power of Saints to resist the forced upon them destiny.
You know, specially in Episode G, "Gods" tend to brag a lot and abuse flowery language and hyperbole.

And I think Pontos is the only one with proven Fate manipulation.

PaChi2 said:
Episode G Chapter 23

You know, specially in Episode G, "Gods" tend to brag a lot and abuse flowery language and hyperbole.

It applies only to Major God's, imo. But did you notice every instance miracles happen in it's always against a god?

And the Titan king has fate manipulation too.

Also, they could simply be controlling billions of people through their divine will...

The authors of SS make use of the speeches of the Gods to explain the concepts established by the OWN AUTHORS in relation to the work. Argues that the utterances of the Gods is pure hyperbole does not make sense, why do people insist on this argument?

Please give me an example of hyperbole in saint seiya verse.... Is there any instance of one...?

And the context sure doesn't sound like hyperbole...

PaChi2 said:
Episode G Chapter 23

"flowery language and hyperbole" In what instances?

while he may be one of the few who have shown this, it only makes sense gods around his level can preform the same action.

""flowery language and hyperbole" In what instances?"

I could get the quotes, but I do remember that nearly in every fight they talk about how insignificant humans are and how big is the gap between humans and gods only to be smacked by the saints at the end of the battle.

Sorry but I will have to close this.

Saint Seiya needs a big revision and small revisions will only serve as patches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back