• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

No one cared who I was until I got the scar...

GyroNutz

VS Battles
Administrator
...speaking of which, do you know how I got this scar?

Quotes aside, this is Harry Potter vs Bane. Harry only has his wand.

Who wins and why?

Bane:

Harry Potter: 3

Incon:

Harry haxstomps. He can survive hits from bane and can both snipe him down and oneshot him with some spells

reaction speeds don't mean much when you have to move and speak to use spells

There are just too many one shot victories for Harry before Bane can get his first attack in. Bane has a chance at night or in a very tight environment, because he's strong/skilled enough to take Harry's wand out of his hand if he somehow gets close. All other circumstances this is a win to Harry. Vote for Harry.

I did point out night & tight environments as giving Bane a chance, NOT a victory. The best he gets from those is inconclusive, since Harry just has to say/ think the right thing while Bane is taking the wand off him to still win. And that's only if Harry doesn't think to use Ascendio and just get out of melee range entirely the moment the fight starts, or Protego for a shield, etc.

Harry's just too haxed for Bane to outthink, especially since most of his haxes are able to be used without preparation and in quick succession. If you'd given Bane (but not Harry) a week prep time then Bane could probably win, because his biggest strength is his capacity to plan things out to the finest detail. But he doesn't appear to get that here, so his best way to deal with haxes just isn't available to him.

Back