• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
-High 6-A Sonic

-Sonic gets his RPG equipment

-1st key Noctis

-Speed equalized

-SBA

Sonic:

Noctis:

Shit. I don't want Sonic to AP stomp. Let's wait for Naruto experts to come here.

So I guess Sonic gets amp stomped by him as well. **** this is difficult. There are different keys for Noctis, which one would the exaton scale to?

Well if I keep Sonic the same and swap it out for Noctis it could work. Possibly.

MYHERO said:
So I guess Sonic gets amp stomped by him as well. **** this is difficult. There are different keys for Noctis, which one would the exaton scale to?
The 1 exaton scales to the 1st key for fighting Titan who's comparable to ifrit.

A rough 6x AP difference is... Probably not enough to one-shot? Noctis does also have a wide variety of things that could be trouble, such as the Death Manip.

But if Sonic does get one-shot, he could resurrect with Angel Amulet and a few more times after that with Soul Gauge. The Fear Manip with spooky charm will also come in handy here by making Noctis afraid and not want to fight. The wisps are also something he uses quickly in-character.

I think I'll hold my vote for now.

As glass said Noctis resists the Spooky Charm. And does have a way around Sonic's Resurrection abilities via The Ring of the Lucii and it's BFR.

I would also like to point out Sonic has other normal access to things not just the RPG equipment.

Didn't see resistence to MM until just now, and BFR would be troublesome.

Still, Violet Void or Indigo Asterioid is all it takes for Noctis to be Void Manip'ed or literally ripped apart to feed Sonic's gravitational pull. Both are in-character for him to do fairly quickly into a fight, as he's been shown to use wisps a crap ton of the time. He also has shields to protect him from a more physical approach to things.

But I gotta go to bed now. See you guys later.

@Shake ok, and how often does he go for those wisps, cause last time I checked. A simple warp strike that Noctis can do is enough for him to kill Sonic thanks to the AP gap.

@Glass Sonic goes for them consistently within the storyline of Colors, and even uses them past that like in Lost World. It's hard to say for sure, but he's shown to use them in cutscenes whenever the opportunity arises. They also give him intangibility, so Sonic being hit won't be a problem once he actually uses either of them.

If Noctis one-shots, doesn't Sonic just resurrect? Does he have sonething that can negate resurrection if he one-shots Sonic?

Can said resurrection bring him back from being splattered across the area via a oneshot?

Sonic is 183 petatons.

Noctis is 1 exaton.

The guideline for a one-shot is 7.5x, the difference between the two is 5.46x. Just saying.

Theglassman12 said:
Ok, then answer this. What has sonic done the most throughout all of
his games?
Spin Dash, Homing Attack, Tackle stuff in his path, pretty much those are his leading moves.

Theglassman12 said:
Ok, then answer this. What has sonic done the most throughout all of
his games?
Spin Attacks, Sliding, Ramming into solid objects at break neck speeds, smacking Eggman, collecting Chaos Emeralds to become super saiya a nigh-invulnerable God.

Ok, now with all that being said, why would he immediately think to use the wisps when in the other games he would do something else a lot more consistent? Especially when Noctis has his own form of hax that he could lead with like having some of his weapons being built with certain magic spells like stop.

Me personally, I wasn't arguing for him leading with wisps. I was arguing that he would use the wisps fairly quickly in-character. Sonic is a h-2-h combatant first and foremost, but he isn't stupid. That, and his quills sense danger (as stupid as that sounds). He'll know Noctis is dangerous.

So what does Noctis lead with? Because from what I see, Sonic can resurrect from anything Noctis has aside from BFR. If given enough time, Sonic will use the wisps. If it reaches that point, Sonic seems to take it handily.

" That, and his quills sense danger (as stupid as that sounds). He'll know Noctis is dangerous."

To what level? Because just knowing that your opponent is dangerous isn't the same as knowing that a single punch from him will seriously injure you.

or knowing that he can swap in between his weapons on the fly and can inflict different status ailments as he goes on.

ShakeResounding said:
I have no idea to be honest. I never played Chronicles nor Secret Rings.
His resurrection works just like how it works in games like Zelda or the Mario RPGs. You see his fully intact and lifeless body flop to the ground, the resurrection kicks in and then he just stands back up. So he doesn't have any feats of coming back from decapitation.

@Glass Sonic resists Status Effect Inducement, unless what you're talking about is different.

@Dust That's good to know, actually. Thanks for the info.

The danger sense isn't something that's specific from what I remember. More just like a "be careful cuz there's danger" type of thing. Nothing more than a warning to be cautious.

Does Noctis go for decapitation often/quickly If so, might be leaning towards him if he does it faster than Sonic can use wisps.

Of course. But Sonic is a living buzz saw, but that doesn't mean he goes around cutting people in half when he fights (Iffy comparison, I know).

Has he really been shown to decapitate anybody in-character?

does said status effect include time stopping? Cause Noctis has a weapon that can do that.

the AP gap makes it much easier for him to do decapitation in the first place

Back