• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Odin Upgrade to Universal Level, possibly Multiverse level

Status
Not open for further replies.
This would also scale to the likes of Zeus, Thor (when becoming as powerful as Odin) and others.

I'll message Matthew Schroeder about this thread.

I remember something about Odin taking out his sword destroying the universe so it seems sorta consistent

Muuuuh said:
Yeah, odin have a lot of universal+ feats, but he isnt multiversal
"Surtur's Eternal Flame was burning the 9 Realms and was going to eventually burn the Entire Multiverse"

"And the Realms were stated to be Actual Universes"

"And yet Odin had no problem containing and Nullifying said Flame"

Universal x 9 feat.

Not to mention that Odin is already Multi-Galaxy level+ so his Universe Level feats wouldn't be outliers.

I don't know what to say about the Multiversal stuff. It depends on what Matthew thinks.

If somebody could post the scans for Odin as universal, I suppose that an upgrade would be in order, but like Matthew, I also do not think that he is multiversal.

It's kind of hard to get direct scaling from him when not in a fight, this is because his powers are vastly hax based, a good example is Odin's sword http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Odinsword, in the destroyer's hands, it could chop apart celestials like butter, and that was shown to come directly from the sword, also, before you state that Odin can't do enchantments, Iron Man's Uru armour and Captain America's Post Fear its self shield beg to differ.

I know what I said here is useless, but i'm saying restrict the feats to fights, or scaling, unless it's a power related, and not hax related feat.

The Surtur burning the Multiverse: again out of context, its from Thor:Everything Burns but the story starts in Fear Itself where Loki frees Surtur and Surtur collects energy transmitting it to the Otherworld.A nexus to all realities filled with so much magical energy that if you start a fire everything burns, Loki managed to foil Surtur's plan by convincing the Manchester God.The energy Surtur has been collecting for years is only enough to burn the nine realms, Odin teleported the energy to Old Asgard ( a pocket dimension/universe)

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/13621575/Thor-Zone-007.jpg.html

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/13621576/Thor-Zone-008.jpg.html

"Surtur will reverse the process releasing the stole energy" It's not his own power

Okay. We obviously cannot scale raw power from chain reaction feats.

Okay, thank you, but I do not have the time to check through respect threads.

It would be better if somebody copied the relevant images here instead.

I was just asking anyone, doesn't matter who it is, and I understand, quite a few people have told me that you are overworked.

Fankid said:
The second link isn't Comics Odin but Mythology Odin

Also, I've seen that out of context Odin vs Galactus scan where Odin headbutted Galactus and Galan got knocked out.They don't show the next scan because Galactus immediately got up and said that they bore him while Odin has to enter Odin sleep to recover

https://static3.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11130/111302904/5812680-0711472622-31892.jpg

https://static2.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11130/111302904/5812681-6830684900-46838.jpg

Yes, there are some feats which put Odin at nigh-universal to universe level. I will also try to find the scans and post them when I get the time.

But multiversal Odin? No.

Outlier? Or stopping a feat from 9 different universes at the same time not a feat?

How about Multi-Universal? Saving 9 universes seems more impressive than universe+ but not as impressive as multiverse level.

Pretty sure the 9 (later 10) realms are like DBS universes. They are separate physical universes but still connected by space-time, and just a part of the 616 universe that contains many more realms and dimensions. Otherwise Eternal Flame Surtur would have been 2-C ages ago

Really? I do not remember that, but I have read a massive amount of comics, and it is hard to remember all of them years afterwards.

Okay. The first scan seems reliable, but wasn't the last scan simply referring to the cabin where Odin and Cul were constantly fighting each other, or do I misremember?

Anyway, should we rate Odin and Zeus as Low 2-C instead then?

I believe 3-A is better. But I need to research more.

Another blatant example of 3-A power are the statements of the Odinsword being capable of destroying the universe if unsheated by someone which can't control its power.

I do not know. The problem is that Dan Jurgens portrayed Odinforce Thor as having comparatively limited power.

Odinforce Thor barely even knows how to use it right? He's always portrayed as not knowing what to do with it, imo.

Probably not, though I think full-powered OKT would.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back