• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Above All vs. Kami Tenchi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually now I'm not sure, looks incon.. most of their powers are pretty useless

I don't see how Kami is superior to TOAA. Even when both were Tier 0, Kami Tenchi was generally regarded to be the weakest Tier 0 on the site.

Tony di bugalu said:
Now that's a godly reason why he wins, close the thread pls, tenchi stomps :v
No he does not. Reason why TOAA got downgraded was because Marvel's cosmology is not an infinitely layered Outerversal hierarchy; it does not have an infinitely repeating pattern of characters that sees another 1-A as fiction. High 1-A is beyond all of that. So TOAA is at best 1-A.

TOAA is still secretly a Tier 0. Plus he's been describe to be a writer. And I believe TOAA is thee strongest 1-A.

Neither may be tier 0 anymore, but they are both still the supreme omnipotent top gods of their universes. This should be a stalemate. As they are omnipotents, they should be unbeatable.

ABoogieYesSir said:
No he does not. Reason why TOAA got downgraded was because Marvel's cosmology is not an infinitely layered Outerversal hierarchy; it does not have an infinitely repeating pattern of characters that sees another 1-A as fiction. High 1-A is beyond all of that. So TOAA is at best 1-A.
TOAA is still secretly a Tier 0. Plus he's been describe to be a writer. And I believe TOAA is thee strongest 1-A.
It was a joke.

Cosmology effects the tier. However, when you really think about it, a character from a universe with a much lower cosmology could still be on par with characters from higher cosmologies depending on their abilities. A Low 2-C character with high-godly Regenerationn, types 1 and 5 immortality, extreme hax and extreme resistance to hax (including high-godly Regenerationn negation and resistance to it), and omniessence and omnipresence, could still defeat a higher dimensional being if that being lacks the same abilities. Tier 1 characters could possibly be omnipotent and on par with High 1-A and 0 characters. This is an example of such a character. When it comes to characters like Kami Tenchi and TOAA, since they are both capable of literally anything, it is pointless to debate them. Only OCs who are supposed to explicitly be above even them like the characters from Joe Battles Wiki and the FC/OC Wiki could defeat them.

LordUrien935 said:
I don't see how Kami is superior to TOAA. Even when both were Tier 0, Kami Tenchi was generally regarded to be the weakest Tier 0 on the site.
as far as im aware, that wasnt the case. how does TOAA compare to oblivion, as oblivion compares to other entities in marvel? depending on that answer, we could gauge TOAA's powers to kami tenchi

most of you dont seem to know how characters here ar escaled and simply decide on your own bias. look at the pages and see how they are scaled and why they are scaled such a way.

Frieza force soldier 100 said:
Again, as they are both nigh invincible and nigh unbeatable, they should stalemate each other.
the ystem is changing where that isnt the case.

TOAA is not the strongest 1-A. Not by a long shot. The Presence and the Archangels, SCP-3812, the Hadou and Gudou Gods, etc. are just a handful of 1-A's that are higher on the 1-A scale than TOAA.

He is still an omnipotent higher dimensional being. Beings like them cannot truly be defeated except by joke characters and overpowered OCs. So their cosmologies don't allow for tier 0. A 1-A can still be omnipotent in their own setting if they are completely invincible and immortal and can do anything with no limitations or weaknesses. They are both among the most powerful characters in all of fiction. Their ability to do anything without limit allows them each to defeat weak High 1-As and lower ranking tier 0s such as Gan and TLOI. Most tier 0s are omnipotent, but not all. It's very rare for a character lower than 0 to be unbeatable, but not impossible. I made an OC on Joke Battles who is low 2-C but has enough hax to play with the big boys and girls of tier Low 1-C.

No non overpowered OC character can defeat either one of these two, though some really powerful tier 1s and 0s can stalemate them. I don't care about cosmologies. They are both still omnipotent. Hax is a thing, you know.

Your OC?

Speaking of which, as I said, I was always confused about dimensional cosmology, so as an experiment, I created what I consider the most powerful Low 2-C character on Joke Battles wiki or this wiki to see how an insanely haxed and versatile low 2-C character would stack up against characters of higher tiers. I am confidant they could handle at least a few Low 1-Cs and prove my theory. If any of you want to weigh in on how hard it would be for some Low 1-C characters with little to no stated powers and abilities to defeat them, I'm all ears.

The One Above All will likely get back to High 1-A or even 0 status soon after the revisions are done.

Something which I agree with, in all honesty, because blah blah Cantor's set theory and Monitor-Mind-like/DC Writer-esque perception of Marvel Comics as a whole.

Malomtek said:
The One Above All will likely get back to High 1-A or even 0 status soon after the revisions are done.
Something which I agree with, in all honesty, because blah blah Cantor's set theory and Monitor-Mind-like/DC Writer-esque perception of Marvel Comics as a whole.
I never understood the metafiction ranking, because it contradicts the forum rules. But still "viewing the rest of the multiverse as mere fiction," is something that you see in half of the Tier 0 characters. By this same logic something like the Matrix (or most Isekai) should be below our tiering because it's "mere" fiction within fiction.

It's especially odd with DC's Writer because he's a dead character (killed by fodder) and somehow people pretend like this never happened or like he orchestrated it himself despite he's killed for not finishing the scene because he suffered from writer's block.

Suicide Squad (1987-1992) 058-016
Writer's Block

Malomtek said:
it likely wont as it is technically now impossible for nearly anyone to even reach high 1-A, if the condiotions arent explain in series

heck, in order to reach 1-A+, one needs to trancend a 1-A... an infinite cycle of times.

if the One-Above All has such statements, or conditions, then yes, he could be 1-A+ or High 1-A.

ive heard the abstracts will be downgraded as well, but i heavily disagree with that.

Yeah, you could be totally omnipotent in your setting, but if the cosmology does not meet the requirements, you won't get on there. Not that these two need it, their omnipotence/hax makes them basically unbeatable.

In all seriousness though, if you were to pit a truly almighty character of a lower dimension against a non almighty character of a higher dimension, it would probably be inconclusive, as while the lower one's absolute invulnerability would keep them from being hurt, they wouldn't be able to interact with a character of a higher dimension since they would have no idea they even exist. Even if they did know they exist, they would only be all mighty in their own cosmology and would not be able to enter a higher dimensional layer from another cosmology. The same would be true if you were to put any truly all mighty, omnipotent characters together. That's why those kindas of characters can't have match results added.

I never understood the metafiction ranking, because it contradicts the forum rules. But still "viewing the rest of the multiverse as mere fiction," is something that you see in half of the Tier 0 characters. By this same logic something like the Matrix (or most Isekai) should be below our tiering because it's "mere" fiction within fiction.

It's especially odd with DC's Writer because he's a dead character (killed by fodder) and somehow people pretend like this never happened or like he orchestrated it himself despite he's killed for not finishing the scene because he suffered from writer's block.

Suicide Squad (1987-1992) 058-016
Writer's Block

Sorry, but it really seems like you have it in for comic books as a whole.

Metafiction, in and of itself, doesn't contradict the forum rules, and if you think "lol i see the multiverse as fiction" is what makes a tier 0 on here, then you clearly don't understand how tier 0s are ranked here.

The Writer's avatar, which got killed for a meta-joke by what he termed as "another writer" is not the *real* Writer in the *real* world, both of which already have multiple layers to their existence. There is no contradiction between his supposed death and his actual 0 ranking.

Also, if you look closely at the scan, you'll notice that he wrote that "writer's block" part on his computer. Because again, meta-joke.

Malomtek said:
Sorry, but it really seems like you have it in for comic books as a whole.

Metafiction, in and of itself, doesn't contradict the forum rules, and if you think "lol i see the multiverse as fiction" is what makes a tier 0 on here, then you clearly don't understand how tier 0s are ranked here.

The Writer's avatar, which got killed for a meta-joke by what he termed as "another writer" is not the *real* Writer in the *real* world, both of which already have multiple layers to their existence. There is no contradiction between his supposed death and his actual 0 ranking.

Also, if you look closely at the scan, you'll notice that he wrote that "writer's block" part on his computer. Because again, meta-joke.
Why would I have to "have it in for comic books" because I think that a comic book character is misplaced? I don't think Naruto characters should be Tier 2 either, does that mean I have it in for Naruto characters too?

Then please explain it. Because if you go through the Tier 0 characters you see this "It transcends and controls all stories," - Law of Identity, "exist only as fictional creations within the songs and stories of which he himself is the progenitor" - Gan, and I'm pretty sure the two characters from Umineko are allegories for writers.

The real writer in the real world isn't a DC character, and he doesn't have any superpowers, and so he should be Tier 10. The Writer (character) had two showings, the second of which in which he died. And whether you consider it a meta-joke doesn't matter because it's canon. And as far as I'm concerned a Tier 0 should be unkillable by anyone in their setting (which is also why I don't understand why some settings have 2 Tier 0s).

How would the fact that he wrote that he said "writer's block" change anything? He was still killed because he got stuck writing. The story continued after his death too.

But do you know what the worst thing is? The Writer page doesn't even adress the Writer's appearance and death in Suicide Squad 58. There's no counter argument or hint that it even happened.

@Sorari

Look, I'm not going to play into your games of downplay, stonewalling, logical fallacies, and deliberate ignorance right now.

If you really want to downgrade the Writer so badly, make a thread for him in Content Revision. Or make your own wiki to show your super-authentic placings of the Writer.

And here's a big clue as to why tier 0s are placed there: it's because they stand on a completely different and greater hierarchy compared to Low 1-As, 1-As, and even High 1-As.

It was mostly agreed upon that the Writer qualifies, even despite his avatar's supposed death in Suicide Squad, which was ultimately caused by another writer, who is part of a collective whole, as I just explained to you.

Malomtek said:
@Sorari
Look, I'm not going to play into your games of downplay, stonewalling, logical fallacies, and deliberate ignorance right now.

If you really want to downgrade the Writer so badly, make a thread for him in Content Revision. Or make your own wiki to show your super-authentic placings of the Writer.
There's no downplay, no fallacies, or ignorance. I've read the stories. And I'm bringing up facts, and I can back up everything I post. If you have any specific piece of evidence you're interested in don't hesitate to ask.

I understand that there are some people who are adverse to facts to uphold a false consensus because it's something that they approve of. And they will try to avoid arguments where these facts begin to surface and convince other people. I hope you're not one of these people.

Malomtek said:
And here's a big clue as to why tier 0s are placed there: it's because they stand on a completely different and greater hierarchy compared to Low 1-As, 1-As, and even High 1-As.
It was mostly agreed upon that the Writer qualifies, even despite his avatar's supposed death in Suicide Squad, which was ultimately caused by another writer, who is part of a collective whole, as I just explained to you.
How? He doesn't have any impressive feats, the only thing as far as I understand it (having read the arc in Animal Man and Suicide Squad) is that he's metafictional.

My question was "why isn't Suicide Squad 58 brought up on the Writer page," he has 2 appearances and 1 is completely omitted, it's not addressed or even brought up on the page (like AAO is on TOAA's page). You'd think that the circumstances of the Writer's canon death would be of important note on a VS Wiki. Morrison even acknowledged the event.

Morrmror

So there shouldn't be any controversy.

Again, if you're so mad about the Writer being tier 0, make a content revision thread about it.

As of now, you're just derailing this thread to cry and whine about the placement of a completely unrelated character.

Yeah. If you want to know more about DC, just read the explanation about fifth bleed, fifth dimension, monitor sphere, etc.

There is no such thing in Marvel. The only one who can proof the 1A of Marvel is Oblivion. Even then his rating is highly questionable considering Marvel inconsistency.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back