• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece: Can We Get Much Higher?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part 1: Overview.​

I am suggesting we create Toei One Piece profiles that are Large Star Level. I'm not being funny. It was stated here, here and of course here that W.B could destroy the planet. It's supported by this calculation, which isn't too much of an unknown as they were seen using another explosive later and were shown to be near it. Heck even Ace has a statement that supports it. Now this alone is too far above anything else in the series(though I wouldn't mind if you decided to apply this to the main series) but thanks to Uta, we now have enough to finalize this for some anime profiles(note all of the former should still apply to the anime, as everything from the manga still happened).

Part 2: Proving Uta recreated the whole world and not just Elegia.​

1. Not everyone on the world was Elegia. We only saw the people who were present listening to Uta on Elegia at the time in the movie. When listening to Uta sing the Red Haired Pirates were not transported to Elegia, they were exactly where they were. I see no reason the same would not apply to listeners around the world.
2. There is light implying a sun.
3. Uta turned the Sunny into sunny-kun in order to stop the Straw hats from leaving the dock. Which had water implying that they could sail away.

Last edited:
Captura4.JPG

Destroying the world doesn't mean destroying the planet by fracturing it, or even at all.

Destroying the world doesn't mean it will happen in one attack.

Destroying the world could be through a chain reaction due to Whitebeard's earthquakes which cause tsunamis and can lead to natural-occuring Earthquakes.

World-Destroying statements are stupid.

Destroying the world doesn't mean destroying the planet by fracturing it, or even at all.

Destroying the world doesn't mean it will happen in one attack.

Destroying the world could be through a chain reaction due to Whitebeard's earthquakes which cause tsunamis and can lead to natural-occuring Earthquakes.

World-Destroying statements are stupid.
I mean, I don't mind world destroying statements, so long as theirs evidence and case by case situation

Other than that, I agree to an extent

BTW, I don't agree with this OP

I mean, I don't mind world destroying statements, so long as theirs evidence and case by case situation

Other than that, I agree to an extent

BTW, I don't agree with this OP
I meant World Destroying statements by themselves, yeah, as support, it works.

Oh boy.

To start with, your sources are kinda bunk. You said we should make Toei profiles but then use a manga source, so that is automatically inapplicable. This source literally says "it doesn't mean he can literally destroy the world", did you not read it? This one also seems to be coming from the same place as the last, so the same thing applies. And the last source:
  • Seems to come from a novelization, aka not Toei
  • Can very easily be debunked as just being hype that refers to his title and not an extremely literal statement, especially since it used 'world'.
It's an honest effort but we aren't getting any profiles based off what you've provided. You should probably edit that part out.

As for the Uta stuff, no?
  • "There is light, implying a sun" seems kind of odd, I think it's more likely the animators didn't want the film to continue in literal darkness. The mere existence of light isn't enough to justify the presence of stars, much less a sun. You need much better proof for that.
  • The Sunny-kun thing could justify any area bigger than Elegia, but certainly not the whole world without some serious proof.
  • I'm not sure how the first one proves anything.

• "There is light, implying a sun" seems kind of odd, I think it's more likely the animators didn't want the film to continue in literal darkness. The mere existence of light isn't enough to justify the presence of stars, much less a sun. You need much better proof for that.
Not to bring up whataboutism, but already doing so - yes, a light source has been sufficient evidence for the presence of a sun on a dimension before.

Not to bring up whataboutism, but already doing so - yes, a light source has been sufficient evidence for the presence of a sun on a dimension before.
Fair point. I would assume those have slightly different contexts that what Uta is doing (if it isn't just an illusion anyways).

Just having light is not evidence for a Sun or literally every single dimension in fiction would be considered at minimum star level
Also Utas world is not the real world at all and is just a dream/illusion world

I am suggesting we create Toei One Piece profiles that are Large Star Level. I'm not being funny. It was stated here, here and of course here that W.B could destroy the planet.
None of those are from Toei... They are all canon (Manga)... Besides the Ohara one but still gets info from Canon sources

Like no way you didn't make this thread just to start shit or something 🙉

Holy.... this makes me mad, Mostly because of the misinformation
monke-monkey.gif

None of those are from Toei... They are all canon (Manga)... Besides the Ohara one but still gets info from Canon sources
Fairly certain that this still applies to Toei. And I just suggested the Toei profiles because I was fairly certain that would be less controversial but apparently not.

This source literally says "it doesn't mean he can literally destroy the world", did you not read it? This one also seems to be coming from the same place as the last, so the same thing applies.
Those are not official One Piece sources. Those are bs summaries from a guy who loves to withhold information he doesn't like.

It's his personal summaries from the vivre card databook, which people here (including me) have translated. It says nothing about his power not being literal, it's referring to his title of the strongest.

But I violently disagree at the intent of this CRT.

people here (including me) have translated. It says nothing about his power not being literal, it's referring to his title of the strongest.
Could you source those translations then. I'd like the most accurate info possible. Artur is just the most easy to access for me.

Could you source those translations then. I'd like the most accurate info possible. Artur is just the most easy to access for me.
Think it's this...
自由と家族を愛し抜いた"白ひげ"の大海賊!!!

かつて海賊王”と鎬を削り、大海賊時代以前から畏れられた“世界最強の男”。世界を滅ぼしうるほどの力”グラグラ”を有しながらも、その男"白ひげ”ことエドワー・ニューゲートは遂に、宿敵の遺産に手をかけようとはしなかった。彼は既に、自身の宝を手にしていたからである。それは海原を征く「自由」と、愛すべき「家族」だった。

The great pirate "Whitebeard" who loved freedom and his family!!!

"The world's most powerful man" who was once in fierce competition with the "Pirate King" and was feared even before the age of the great pirates. Despite possessing the "wobble" power that could destroy the world, Edward Newgate, a.k.a. "Whitebeard," finally refused to lay a hand on the legacy of his old enemy. He had already obtained his own treasure. It was "freedom" to conquer the seas and a beloved "family".

You know what **** it. I didn't mean to publish this thread yet. I had a calculation that I wanted approved first. Someone close this and I'll make a new one later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back