• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1005: "Devil Child" (Official Release)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the monster Trio currently consists of Luffy, Zoro, and Jinbe.
Those in the middle are Chopper, Franky, Nico, and Brook.
The weakling Trio consists of Nami, Usopp, and Sanji.
Don't think the monster trio will be a thing post wano, maybe a new trio will be made if Yamato joins; Yam, Jinbe & Sanji.

Don't think the monster trio will be a thing post wano, maybe a new trio will be made if Yamato joins; Yam, Jinbe & Sanji.
So im assuming Luffy and Zoro arnt apart of it as they are their own thing, like they are just Captain and Vice Captain while those three are the ones right below?

Jinbe is struggling against Who's who and Franky is fightning Sasaki.
Sanji took hits from an other Tobi Roppo without using haki to protect himself because he could have hurt Black Maria.
Yeah, Sanji can hurt a Tobi Roppo level opponent just by protecting himself with haki, Imagine him attacking or even using diable jambe.. or even more than that using his raid suit.
Also, Jack confirmed he's >> Tobi Roppo and Sanji will fight him if not Queen who's even stronger.
You can't say Jinbe is comparable to Sanji, Monster trio is still a thing.

Jinbe is struggling against Who's who and Franky is fightning Sasaki.
Sanji took hits from an other Tobi Roppo without using haki to protect himself because he could have hurt Black Maria.
Yeah, Sanji can hurt a Tobi Roppo level opponent just by protecting himself with haki, Imagine him attacking or even using diable jambe.. or even more than that using his raid suit.
Also, Jack confirmed he's >> Tobi Roppo and Sanji will fight him if not Queen who's even stronger.
You can't say Jinbe is comparable to Sanji, Monster trio is still a thing.
Jinbe & Yamato have better feats than the Sanji, the tobiroppo and even the calamities at this point. Who's Who is supposedly confident in becoming a Calamity so him putting up a fight against Jinbe isn't proof off Sanji > Jinbe or that they can't be compared.

Sanji will fight a heavily injured Jack, sure he's also heavily injured but that's in no way a feat that makes Sanji far stronger than Jinbe. Him fighting Queen or King at this point is unsupported, if he does Cool but right now it seems like it will just be Jack.

Sanji has potential to be closer to Jinbe and Yamato than Luffy and Zoro.

I saw what you said; Jinbe has Possibly High 7-A Feats & is fighting a guy who's a candidate to be a Calamity. It required the entire tobiroppo just to locate Yamato & Yamato one-shot Ulti.

VS; Sanji who hypothetically could damage Black Maria & is probably going to fight a heavily injured Jack. How can you imply he has better feats than them?

Sanji who hypothetically could damage Black Maria
By just protecting himself with haki and Black Maria was using knuclebusters.
How to say that?
Not using haki to protect yourself << protecting yourself with haki << parry << kicking << diable jambe << raid suit.
And Sanji took Tobi Roppo level blows without protecting with haki..

In terms of power Sanji is in the Monster Trio, but its kinda hard to say that when hes literally ******* useless against a whole ass gender.

If Yamato joins id definitely put them above Sanji at least atm.

By just protecting himself with haki and Black Maria was using knuclebusters.
How to say that?
Not using haki to protect yourself << protecting yourself with haki << parry << kicking << diable jambe << raid suit.
And Sanji took Tobi Roppo level blows without protecting with haki..
Sanji was knocked out by those Tobi Roppo blows and left as a bloody mess. The armament haki line i'd rather wait for the official since two different translations imply two entirely different things. And again even though you've proposed a scaling chain, that chain isn't proof off being above Jinbe or Yamato.

Sanji was knocked out by those Tobi Roppo blows and left as a bloody mess
Yeah, because he wasn't using haki.
If he had used haki the one being hurt would have been Black Maria and Sanji wouldn't have felt anything, lmao.

In terms of power Sanji is in the Monster Trio, but its kinda hard to say that when hes literally ******* useless against a whole ass gender.
What does that even mean?
Eveyone it's useless against some kind of opponent, let's say women are Sanji's weakness.

Yeah, because he wasn't using haki.
If he had used haki the one being hurt would have been Black Maria and Sanji wouldn't have felt anything, lmao.
One translation says his Armament is too weak though, and even if we went with the other translation there literally is nothing there saying Sanji wouldn't have felt anything, you've made that up.

Either way though Yamato & Jinbe have better feats and it's far more accurate to compare Sanji to them to people who are able to fight against Yonko.

I will never get why people want Sanji to no be part of M3 that bad.
Now that Jinbe above Sanji was debunked people are trying to put Yamato above Sanji or just put Sanji far from Zoro's level.
Can't wait for all of that being debunked like P1 > Sanji.
Hating a character that much and calling him useless just because of his chivalry, I won't never get that.

I will never get why people want Sanji to no be part of M3 that bad.
Now that Jinbe above Sanji was debunked people are trying to put Yamato above Sanji or just put Sanji far from Zoro's level.
Can't wait for all of that being debunked like P1 > Sanji.
Hating a character that much and calling him useless just because of his chivalry, I won't never get that
How has Jinbe bing above Sanji been debunked... It's an assessment of their feats. At least speaking for myself I don't hate him I'm just Powerscaling him off his feats like I would with any other character.

What does that even mean?
Eveyone it's useless against some kind of opponent, let's say women are Sanji's weakness.
Having an entire gender or half the population as a weakness is a fairly big one. What I said is pretty clear, he has the power to be in the Monster Trio but imo his weakness is to big.

Zoro and Luffy both have weaknesses yes, but neither of them are as bad as Sanji’s.

I dont hate Sanji, over the years hes been one of my favourite straw hats but that doesnt mean I cant call him out on shit, you can be chivalrous but to be that to the point of almost getting your crew killed or that you wont even fight back even to help you friends.

Last edited:
There is nothing wrong with being chivalrous towards women who genuinely do need to be protected. In the real world they genuinely are biologically much physically weaker than men, and men who beat them up are almost always scum, but this is a fantasy environment, and Sanji is taking the idea to ridiculous extremes during war situations even though he knows that there exist women like Big Mom, who are considerably stronger than he is. He is coming across as almost mentally ill in this area even though he could be a massive asset if he tried to let go of his hangups.

@Lgamer099_99 - Critisizing Jinbe for having visible struggles against Who's Who, yet ignoring the fact Sanji could never hurt Page One, and his Armament being too weak to defend himself from Maria's attacks.

Also, Sanji said he would take out Page One--thus claiming his goal was to literally take Page down--yet he fled the fight. That's a loss.

I wonder when the jokes will stop. Jinbe isn't even fighting a 1v1 fight. He's fighting all of Who's Who's subordinates and Who Who himself, and the worst we see is a potential bruise on his face lol. Sanji on the other hand--KO'd by 2 Smile users. It's strange you genuinely believe Sanji to be above Jinbe solely because of fanboyism and literally nothing else.

Let's keep a polite tone here. This is not a serious enough issue to fight about.

Sanji's way of saying that line is very confusing, but I would think he is implying the following:

He is trying to defend with Haki, but his will is against opposing any woman (such as Maria, who is literally hitting him), thus it is affecting his Haki output, making it weaker than it already is. We'll have to wait for a fully reliable translation though, because it's such a weird phrase.

I'm not denying Sanji would be able to defeat Maria, but he's yet to prove his strength up to this point. He'll have the chance with Jack (I doubt he'll encounter Queen since Sanji being wounded pretty much lowers his chances even more, and I'm starting to suspect Who's Who will be revealed to Jinbe as a former ally, and they'll both team up on Queen--since WW has stated like 3 times he wants to take down Queen, so I doubt that's been built up for nothing).

I think since Black Maria brought up "breaking Robin's arms and legs", we might see Robin instead use her power to snap off Maria's spider legs. However, this wont be effective given that there are a large variety of spiders capable of regrowing limbs after molting their exoskeleton (if this is proven, Maria gets Low-Mid Regeneration). I really want this battle to be very brutal given Robin and Maria's characteristics.

I will say i am unbelievably excited to see Robin at the center stage again it’s been such a long time and it’s gotten me really excited to see what happens next. I especially loved lines like “seeing my friends mistreated naturally brings out the devil in me.” Robins about to squash a spider soon.

Understandable, I apologize on that.

Robin vs Maria though? Robin with 1v1s is usually either a stomp or someone interferes. How would she even fight, just repeatedly slapping her?

I really liked how Black Maria told Jack he was severely underestimating her when he said a Tobi Roppo still wouldn't be strong enough to defeat the Scabbards in their current states. It's funny how so multiple people thought Maria wasn't the fighting the type or wasn't vicious enough to be a fighter due to the way she captured men, plus her refusal to join the other Tobi Roppo in searching for Yamato. They also thought she would pull a Viola and leave Kaido's crew for Sanji, but this chapter proved all of that wrong lol.

Robin and Brook are goated, I cant wait to see more from them. Doesnt this kinda seem like a throw back to Brooks first appearance in Thriller Bark against the Monkey Spider guy? All we are missing is Franky.

Also Momo has truely found the greatest hiding spot ever.

Is that meant to be a jab in our direction or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back