• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1054: "Flame Emperor" (Official Release)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I am still not bloodthirsty enough to want an ally of Luffy severely mutilated for being an idiot. It could also cause serious problem for an alliance between Shanks and Luffy.

If Kidd actually attacked and tried to kill Shanks, it was a much more validated response.

Well, I am still not bloodthirsty enough to want an ally of Luffy severely mutilated for being an idiot. It could also cause serious problem for an alliance between Shanks and Luffy.

If Kidd actually attacked and tried to kill Shanks, it was a much more validated response.
He's probably just gonna knock him out and beat him in a fist fight or something. I don't see Shanks being super serious and using his sword and advanced haki on him or anything.

Yes, and if it was really blatant that Bartolomeo set up the Straw Hat flag or is part of Luffy's grand fleet, I primarily don't think that Shanks seems stupid enough to completely mutilate an ally, and risk to alienate Luffy.

He's probably just gonna knock him out and beat him in a fist fight or something. I don't see Shanks being super serious and using his sword and advanced haki on him or anything.
Screen_Shot_2022-07-18_at_3.44.31_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2022-07-18_at_3.45.26_PM.png

He is already angry at Luffy, so definitely not well, which could be a serious problem.
I believe Shanks could beat him, honestly. As we learn more about him I'm beginning to believe Shanks might be on par with big mom and kaidou honestly.

Last edited:
Who said those lines? I believe them 100% but I just wanna know
Ace novel
First one was one of the enemies of Ace who is a credible source, as he gave them the name of Shanks' HQ and Skull (Ace's crewmate and basically his informant) verified it.

Second one is Skull and the narrator

I believe Sharks could beat him, honestly. As we learn more about him I'm beginning to believe Shanks might be on par with big mom and kaidou honestly.
Yes, but Kidd recruiting Bartolomeo in a new "people with legitimate grudges" fleet is not good. They would have been very useful allies.

I don't think he'd sever Bart's arm. I bet he'll mangle his jaw.
I hope so. Bartolomeo would feel incredibly betrayed if his idol buddies up with somebody who completely mutilated him.

Well, Shanks completely overreacting against a crew member of Luffy would be his own fault and possibly seriously screw things up for their future collaboration.

Well, Shanks completely overreacting against a crew member of Luffy would be his own fault and possibly seriously screw things up for their future collaboration.
Overreacting? I'm pretty sure burning his flag means people think it's not his territory, then everyone would invade it since supposedly an emperor isn't guarding it anymore. So he just put an entire island in jeopardy because he was an idiot.

Burning flags are one of the most disrespectful things you could do.
Remember when Luffy burned the WG's flag and declared war.
Ace burned Whitebeard's flag and they strolled on him. I'd expect no less from Shanks

Well, Ace was spared by Whitebeard, so I hope that Shanks just significantly beats up Bartolomeo.

Whitebeard had pity on him + he cares a lot for people.

The only showings we have of Shanks is traumatizing people and ripping off arms.

I share the same sentiment, I hope Shanks shows pity, but what I know is that Shanks is gonna take action

Burning flags are one of the most disrespectful things you could do.
Remember when Luffy burned the WG's flag and declared war.
Yup. And they had Akainu (he isn't as strong as Shanks but still ) try and literally vaporize him. Now imagine what Shanks could do when disrespected like that..

I suppose so, and Bartolomeo has some history of quite vicious acts himself, but it could seriously mess up any future Luffy and Shanks alliance if Shanks slaughters Bartolomeo and his crew, especially right before he meets with Luffy while Kidd is also in attendance.

That said, Shanks' entire introduction arc was about him not caring if people severely disrespect him, but that he gets mad if others disrespect his friends, and if somebody potentially endangers an area under his protection, even if it is done through sheer stupidity, that might count.

Shanks' emotions are very difficult to predict, even he doesn't show a smile to Ace, Mihawk, even WB if there's no Luffy as a topic of conversation with him and he wouldn't hesitate to draw a sword at those who disagree with him.
We don't know what Shanks' motives have been and that makes him very dangerous I wouldn't be surprised If Shanks later will try to restrain Luffy from overturning the world at the EOS.

But still he was helpless in front of Yonko Buggy.

Shanks' emotions are very difficult to predict, even he doesn't show a smile to Ace, Mihawk, even WB if there's no Luffy as a topic of conversation with him and he wouldn't hesitate to draw a sword at those who disagree with him.
We don't know what Shanks' motives have been and that makes him very dangerous I wouldn't be surprised If Shanks later will try to restrain Luffy from overturning the world at the EOS.

But still he was helpless in front of Yonko Buggy.
Tbf anyone is helpless against Yonkou Buggy besides like 5 people. The only guy who wasn't helpless was Luffy, as Buggy didn't feel like clapping his cheeks at the time and wanted to spare him and see if he could really succeed at his dream.

I suppose so, and Bartolomeo has some history of quite vicious acts himself, but it could seriously mess up any future Luffy and Shanks alliance if Shanks slaughters Bartolomeo and his crew, especially right before he meets with Luffy while Kidd is also in attendance.
Sounds good to me tbh.
Luffy and Shanks just being buddies while going after the same thing is boring/predictable

Tbf anyone is helpless against Yonkou Buggy besides like 5 people. The only guy who wasn't helpless was Luffy, as Buggy didn't feel like clapping his cheeks at the time and wanted to spare him and see if he could really succeed at his dream.
Luffy is Buggy natural Enemy but they're friends now.

Whooo boi, this is definitely a heavy chapter, sheesh!

Greenbull vs Scabbards, he talks about his philosophy and Yamato and Momo intervene.

The Red Hair pirates that know Luffy reaaaaally wanna see him again except for Shanks, who instead wants to deal with Barto and then join in on the race for the One Piece. We even get the flashback to when the Red Hair Pirates took the Gomu Gomu.

Then we have a scene between Akainu, Kizaru, and an officer called Kurouma (real name Tensei) and they're talking about really important stuff. Also Sabo is being praised like a god by the world and we are freaking witnessing the beginning of a brand new era, an era of revolution!

Last edited:
If Sabo dies what is Luffy finna do? Moment he steps up there Akainu is making sure the weak links are taken hostage and then cripples Luffy’s ability to do anything.

Last Road to laugh tale says that gear 5th become stronger as he laughs more and more, interesting
Not relevant for this thread bro.

If previously Shanks would get his mood when talking about Luffy, now Shanks is no longer doing that. Shanks now fully views Luffy as an opponent in the competition to get One Piece.
If not for the reunion with Luffy in wano for now, then what is the purpose of Shanks coming to Wano? Poneglyphs?
Robin?
Pluton?
I think the idea behind it will be so interesting ( a Lit of theory would come).

Ryokugyu is Logia Captain William Vangeance and He talking about Social Hierarchies and World Government positions. Did Oda read Aristotle's philosophy?
Momonosuke looks like he will meet Shanks when he takes Ryokugyu away this is a good timing.

Outside world really in a mess and at that Moment that Akainu knew, He ****** up.

More like wall level if someone is killed infront of him.
You mean if someone he cares about is killed in front of him? Also I suspect he's gotten mentally stronger against things like that. Plus that's not going to happen in a 1v1 lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back