• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Discussion Thread Water Seven

So how is Kizaru not considered light speed in terms of his other attacks? I get that our standards don't allow light to physically interact, but no matter how you go around it, Kizaru is 100% light with all of his attacks, be it with lasers or not. I've seen the argument that the light speed in One Piece is different from real life, which isn't a valid argument since we agree that his other forms give him light speed based on the fact that his devil fruit is to control, produce, and turn into light itself.

Saying that because the lasers explode doesn't convince me that they don't move at light speed.

Well the recent data book confirmed Kizaru can spam attacks at lightspeed in fact we were planning on revising there speed eventually we even have some calcs involving that like with Marco intercepting his attack

Js250476 said:
Well the recent data book confirmed Kizaru can spam attacks at lightspeed in fact we were planning on revising there speed eventually we even have some calcs involving that like with Marco intercepting his attack
I am aware of that, yes, but I'm still confused as to why we still don't accept the light speed lasers from Kizaru when they are purely made out of light and nothing else. The way they interact with others shouldn't change that fact. I'm not knowledgable on how calcs work but this stuff seems kind of blatant to me.

Well I'm not entirely sure ether the main argument I've heard against them is "they explode and lasers don't do that"

Has anyone here realized that Oda often adds powerful powers to female characters? Like Sugar with her Transmutation, Boa Hancock with her Petrification, Jewelry Bonney with her Age Manipulation, Kozuki Toki with her Time Manipulation, Kalifa with her Power Reduction and Transmutation, and so on. Just one remark which I noticed rereading a few chapters. I think Oda does not like to do fights for female characters like he does to male characters.

Now that you mention it yeah the fights they had don't involve much physical combat and just abusing there powers

Yeah, women in OP are way more haxed than men.

@FullMetalLamps the speed discussion will begin once the AP's ends. Just with Zoro's feat (Mach 721) the verse is getting upgraded in speed and there's a lot of new feats that I've been working on.

@Js The title should be One Piece Discussion Thread Water Seven.

Because puns are fun.

And considering none of the previous threads were named like that.

It's not a bad idea tho.

Maybe the next thread will be named after Enies Lobby and I'll work from there

Just FYI I've continued my reading of One Piece after a short break ( since I like to read arcs to know the full context before arguing)

So far nothing not already brought up ( I did notice Kalifa using her DF to clean the town but I see it's already on her profile)

I also find it amusing Shakky says Rayleigh is 100 times stronger then Luffy ( which probably isn't hyperbole with what he scales to)

If I find anything new i'll Bring it up I promise

Yeah, I've added it that to Kalifa's profile.

Buuuuut 100x High 7-C is 7-B so it'd be even lower.

That's ironic a statement meant to hype Rayleigh makes him weaker lol

Edit: I'm hoping when I'm more caught up I can help out myself

Pic of everyone who watched that scene

Tbh the anime version was probably sadder for me since it had that memories sequence and incredible ending theme playing

One of the best things the anime has is the voice work. The seiyuus really are great at their job. Just the versatility they display is awesome but the way Mayumi Tanaka emphatizes Luffy's guilt and the sad voice of Merry at its death is touching.

Don't blame ya lol

So fun fact I learned just now is apparently Imgur has a limit to how many posts you can make in a certain amount of time ( I went a bit overboard in uploading One Piece scans for later use lmao)

Back