• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece General Discussion: Egghead

Yeah, he's struggling to fight Lucci with only two swords, no Haki, no Asura, no Enma Unleashed, and no named attacks, while not trying that hard. You're right.
No Haki?
4HCyUPR.png

We'll see eventually, possibly in Elbaf
Speaking of Elbaf anyone else think it's going to be Urouge's arc? I mean, that's basic process of elimination, as he and BB are the only Supernovas/Worst Gen members that haven't been extremely prominent in a particular arc yet, but still. He should be somewhat relevant in it.

Y'know what grinds my gears? People who use Mihawk clashing with Vista to prove he's not a top/god tier
Like Kaido did something similar with the Scabbards but when ever you post a panel of him getting stabbed by them and what not they always scream "BUT HE WAS CASUAL THO!!"
But somehow that doesn't apply with Mihawk and Vista
Keep in mind Mihawk is literally waiting for someone stronger than Shanks but somehow he's only equal to a guy that's possibly not even 1/4th of Shanks' strength
Edit: Also Aramaki was stalled by Morley but he's still a top tier

Speaking of Elbaf anyone else think it's going to be Urouge's arc? I mean, that's basic process of elimination, as he and BB are the only Supernovas/Worst Gen members that haven't been extremely prominent in a particular arc yet, but still. He should be somewhat relevant in it.
Yes. Some channels are saying Enel is coming back and those two are gonna throw down.

Ah, so he did use a bit of Haki at the start. That said, he does still go "bro, you're dogshit, Luffy shouldn't have to even look at your ugly ******' face, don't even start with your weak ass."
"Zoro turned off his haki mid fight" is such a dumb point, I can't believe people make it unironically. But it's marginally less delusional than "Zoro won the instant he used any haki"

I don't see why it matters. Even if he did use KoH/ACoC before, it'd just be an outlier, since he took out Lucci with basic CoA afterwards

"Zoro turned off his haki mid fight" is such a dumb point, I can't believe people make it unironically. But it's marginally less delusional than "Zoro won the instant he used any haki"
People don't just flip Haki switches. You have a limited amount, and you concentrate on keeping it up. Even if he was using Haki, he wasn't serious.

its not important cuz its anime stuff, but there adapting luffy spawn in the goggles in animated form

I’m aware that sparks don’t mean ACoC but given that Zoro was using ACoC early and Lucci was just fine, I’m inclined to believe Zoro used ACoC here.

Again I don't see why any of this matters when he got shredded by one CoA attack
At most it's ACoA but usually you see flames or thicker lightning when it's ACoA or ACoC

being on the defensive doesn't necessarily mean he was being overpowered. The fact that Lucci is holding his position without being knocked back or backpedaling points more to it just being a stalemate.
This is just not true... And he is backpedaling (the clashes is further in front of lucci while zoro's clashes is the same distance as his current sword positions), Zoros the one going forward and overpowering, while here both backpedaled from the clash

no that's just normal lightning sparks from a clash
Then why are they black?
He literally is... He's on the defensive
No, he’s not budging an inch. Check the middle panel on the right. It’s a perspective shift that makes it look like he’s being knocked back.
Again I don't see why any of this matters when he got shredded by one CoA attack
At most it's ACoA but usually you see flames or thicker lightning when it's ACoA or ACoC
He was using ACoC earlier. It makes zero sense for Havuna Hunt to not be an ACoC move.
Lucci is not fighting KoH, man is not Oden.
Lucci clashed with Gear 5, it is by no means inconsistent for him to clash with KoH

Then why are they black?
they aren't. (Shusui is always black... Don't use that as a reference, his other sword is completely white)
No, he’s not budging an inch. Check the middle panel on the right. It’s a perspective shift that makes it look like he’s being knocked back.
Cap.
He was using ACoC earlier. It makes zero sense for Havuna Hunt to not be an ACoC move.
Lucci clashed with Gear 5, it is by no means inconsistent for him to clash with KoH
It does when we see two swords zoro stale mate him with no buso

Are you sure that's not perspective? We see Lucci’s legs in both upper right and lower panels and his stance is the same in both, and neither of his legs portray any kind of movement or motion.

The difference is that Lucci isn't making an offensive action in the previous panel, he's simply defending himself. They aren't “clashing” directly, as they did in that panel.

Just like, say, a boxer putting his guard up to ward off another boxers blows.

Then why are they black?

And Luffy kicked Lucci with Armament and Lucci tanked that, but later Lucci got clapped by a punch with no Haki in it.
Oda can be inconsistent

they aren't. (Shusui is always black... Don't use that as a reference, his other sword is completely white)
41rwoAC.png

It does when we see two swords zoro stale mate him with no buso
Vs several other instances of him clashing with Zoro using haki.
And Luffy kicked Lucci with Armament and Lucci tanked that, but later Lucci got clapped by a punch with no Haki in it.
Oda can be inconsistent
1. Damage piles up
2. Luffy flung himself using the environment and rubberized Lucci as well so his attacks were boosted.

Back