• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece: Wano Arc Part 2.5: AP and Lifting Revisions; The Shogun

Status
Not open for further replies.
So funny.
Kong gun compression make his fist fold in, the when decompression Begin when the fist come out, look at the shockwave.
Literally same shit is happen with Bajrang Gun compression and decompression.
The shockwave is from the impact with the target... if what you are saying is true then flamingo wouldn't just be suspended after getting punched and then he gets sent flying moments after. That would mean he actually tanked the impact momentarily which doesn't make sense.

Reading through it all, basically--

The island landed
Kaido went dozens of kilometers underground
Kaido goes even deeper, hits the magma but we DOn'T see the impact, just him floating, implying he's been there for at least a bit
Yamato had the time to exit the island and RUN a distance

And Luffy was still falling the whole time with a visible shockwave around him (so it wasn't a slow float either). It's not like he was stationary post-punch as we see him upside down and descending when Momo's resting on the ground already

Either:
Luffy was dozens of kilometers in the air to a contradictory extent to what's been shown consistently
Onigashima descended quick enough, plain and simple. Physics don't matter because Skypieans didn't turn to soup when they got hit by the knock up stream either.

Last edited:
Reading through it all, basically--

The island landed
Kaido went dozens of kilometers underground
Kaido goes even deeper, hits the magma but we DOn'T see the impact, just him floating, implying he's been there for at least a bit
Yamato had the time to exit the island and RUN a distance

And Luffy was still falling the whole time with a visible shockwave around him (so it wasn't a slow float either). It's not like he was stationary post-punch as we see him upside down and descending when Momo's resting on the ground already

Either:
Luffy was dozens of kilometers in the air to a contradictory extent to what's been shown consistently
Onigashima descended quick enough, plain and simple. Physics don't matter because Skypieans didn't turn to soup when they got hit by the knock up stream either.
Amazing point about the skypieans
People in one piece are built different and the average fodder in wano should be atleast above spandam

The island itself is emitting a lot of steam so Luffy's fall having a shock wave doesn't mean anything at all.
That blatantly isn't true.
The island had no steam at all.
That was the flame cloud, and the island has already been on the ground for a significant amount of time
Luffy was already upside down on the last page in chapter 1059, which means he was already falling, not that he had just started to fall as you are saying, we just have no idea where exactly he was at the moment.
1049* when Onigashima landed is when we first see him, and Yamato had enough time to settle, then run out of the island, and still saw him
Using it to justify that Onigashima fell in 10 seconds makes no sense at all, since Luffy was dozens of kilometers above Onigashima and it would take him minutes to fall after the island.
And by the time Yamato got out of Onigashima, he was still far in the air

And you seem to forget that Onigashima would've followed the same "minutes to fall after the island" when it's clear the freefall timeframe is not that long inverse
The point is: Luffy not immediately falling there after the island reach the ground doesn't mean it crossed 410,000 kilometers in 10 seconds.
The shockwave of the clash still existing or the shockwave of Luffy still existing is amazing proof of that
So it would take Kaido to move Onigashima to the capital in 5 minutes, but an immensely inferior version of himself is somehow able to crash Onigashima like a meteor and move it nearly half a hundred kilometers in a single second?
Yeah. Downwards, when it would be easier doing that instead of moving it in a straight line in a drastically superior distance.

It took Kaidou to move Onigashima to the capital for like an hour, and the remaining distance was 5 minutes. After that distance, it only took 5 more minutes.

Kaidou already covered most of the distance. All he'd need to do is drop it. Momonosuke handled that "drop".
Even though we can see fragments of the island breaking off faster than the island is falling?
What does this have to do with Momonosuke moving a much lighter island in an easier motion?

Not only he had plenty of time to move it, but his entire plan was dropping it off in the capital so he would win by default, that's why the Alliance was in some sort of timer trying to stop that from happening.
The island literally was falling. Momo produced the clouds and rushed to the ground, then passed out.

You act as if Momonosuke was casually gliding down
And seriously? You think moving the island at 41,000 m/s is somehow Momo's intention when he is trying to land it as slowly as possible? Instead you think he accelerated the island thousands of times faster than gravity itself would?
Who said he's trying to land it as slow as possible?

He's trying to land it immediately so these dudes don't keep hanging in the air.

You literally just made a calc of them moving Onigashima almost Mach 10 and nobody was harmed from that + nobody moved, but moving it downwards a much farther distance in a quick timeframe is where you draw the line?
How can the flame clouds even cancel out the kinetic energy that would produce the fall, even if we stick with that bizarre explanation that the island is completely protected by the flame clouds (which is not the case)?
You're asking me as if I know Oda's thought process

The island would've dropped regularly and fell. Momonosuke held the island and stopped its impact, which is why they didn't even hear Onigashima hit the ground.

Didn't Yamato quite literally say even at a 5 minutes distance Onigashima crashing would have killed everyone AND destroyed the flower capital? That was about to hit the ground like a meteor anyway because even at a great distance it was about to destroy everything up to the capital

Onigashima plummeting straight downwards 410 kilometers in 10 seconds would have been absolutely devastating and doesn't seem likely since it would be falling too fast and we've no reason to think that Momonosuke is accelerating it towards the ground. I can't see the whole thing reaching the ground that quickly, though maybe the animated version of the feat would clarify it.

Onigashima plummeting straight downwards 410 kilometers in 10 seconds would have been absolutely devastating. I can't see the whole thing reaching the ground that quickly, though maybe the animated version of the feat would clarify it.
I brought this up in the OP, which everyone seems to ignore.
It's like it's ignored unless it says "yeah Momo dropping it is wrong"

The intention of Momonosuke's flame clouds were to stop that force.

If the island fell, then the bombs would've been set off, the island would've broke, and people would've died.

Momonosuke being the one to descend the island means that that wouldn't happen because of the flame clouds' properties

Now on top of that, Momonosuke could directly counter the force of Kaidou's flame clouds moving a larger Onigashima. He moved it the other way He does it nigh instantaneously, which is why he only grunts for a small amount of time.
Now with this in mind, this scales to who? Momonosuke's Dragon Form. Momonosuke > Kaidou's flame clouds > Momo's flame clouds > the calculation.

I don't think that this quite works.

Momonosuke isn't scaling to the entire force of Kaidou's flame clouds there; only the horizontal movement. Kaidou's flame clouds aren't just working to move the island along horizontally but also to keep it up in the air.

So Momonosuke countering the flame clouds carrying the island in a certain direction =/= Momonosuke's dragon form is comparable to the total potency of Kaidou's flame clouds.

I don't think that this quite works.

Momonosuke isn't scaling to the entire force of Kaidou's flame clouds there; only the horizontal movement. Kaidou's flame clouds aren't just working to move the island along horizontally but also to keep it up in the air.

So Momonosuke countering the flame clouds carrying the island in a certain direction =/= Momonosuke's dragon form is comparable to the total potency of Kaidou's flame clouds.
Not this again. This is blatantly not the case.

The clouds output its force in 1 direction, Momonosuke outputs it in the other direction. This isn't a direction issue, it's a force issue. So lets stop with the "I don't

And on top of that, Momonosuke was stopping its fall as well. He was stopping it from dropping. So he was stopping it in 2 directions, the same 2 directions.

Kaidou's flame clouds aren't working to keep it in the air towards the end. As it stood they were ready to drop, which Momonosuke was countering with all his force.

I'm sorry to have to disagree but I must if something about it doesn't seem right. You can't stop something falling just by pulling it horitontally - and there were times during the final battle between Kaido and Luffy where Momonosuke was no longer pulling on Onigashima yet it wasn't falling once he let go of it.

I'm sorry to have to disagree but I must if something about it doesn't seem right. You can't stop something falling just by pulling it horitontally
Who said he was only pulling it Horizontally?
Did you not see where he said "I can't allow it to fall"???
He was doing both.
and there were times during the final battle between Kaido and Luffy where Momonosuke was no longer pulling on Onigashima yet it wasn't falling once he let go of it.
1047-005.png

It was falling.
In a diagonal motion.

2 things I wanna add.
This page very blatantly shows Onigashima already on the floor and Momo flopping WHILE the lanterns are flying. Luffy only starts falling afterwards.
13.jpeg

We don't know their speed, yes- but it didn't take longer than a minute for the highest lantern to be this high. BEFORE we even see Luffy beginning to fall.
13.jpeg

Fast af balloon lanterns and a fast af descending island. Nothing in this verse makes sense if you try and apply logic.

Bro

Luffy is still in Gear 5th when he's falling in that panel. We know damn well Luffy's transformation from G5th to base is quick.

So if anything that is extra proof that the fall was fast, if it landed before Luffy could turn back to base

Luffy is still in Gear 5th when he's falling in that panel. We know damn well Luffy's transformation from G5th to base is quick.
It was ridiculously fast even when he was conscious. (3 panels? 2?) When he's falling there he's already KO'D too, so it should be even quicker.
Onigashima landed faster than Luffy could de-transform. Faster than apparently hypersonic lanterns. Faster than Kaido, who got hit so fast he went FTE, could hit the magma chamber-

Literally the only reason it doesn't make sense is real life physics, which considering what verse this is.. Yeah-

the calculation is fine.

it's the science and reasoning behind it making sense for this feat which is an issue.

As I said before, I don't care where Luffy was during the fall of Onigashima, he was above the island a few dozens of kilometers and he could take even minutes to fall after it.

The fact that we can hear people cheering and laughing while Onigashima is still on the sky falling debunks this meteoric speed, and not to mention we can see shunks of the Onigashima falling off faster than the island itself.

Unless you think civilians in One Piece can laugh at Massively Hypersonic speeds, the calc is nonsensical and a terrible way to measure Momo's power.

@KLOL506 Any opinions on this? These people are willingly to throw logic and narrative out of the window just to get a High 6-A feat.

As I said before, I don't care where Luffy was during the fall of Onigashima, he was above the island a few dozens of kilometers and he could take even minutes to fall after it.
Bro

So if anything that is extra proof that the fall was fast, if it landed before Luffy could turn back to base
Luffy couldn't even revert back to base by the time the island hit the ground. It didn't take minutes.
The fact that we can hear people cheering and laughing while Onigashima is still on the sky falling debunks this meteoric speed,
This doesn't even make sense
and not to mention we can see shunks of the Onigashima falling off faster than the island itself.
What does this have to do with the speed that Onigashima was moving

Luffy couldn't even revert back to base by the time the island hit the ground. It didn't take minutes.
Does it really matter? He could very well take more than 10 seconds to go back to base and it's not like we know where exactly he is in the sky, but at least we know he's falling as he is upside down.
This doesn't even make sense
Except it does? The meteor moving at 41,000 m/s wouldn't have even given time to those people to laugh several times, while Onigashima is already close to the surface.
What does this have to do with the speed that Onigashima was moving
That speed of gravity is making fragments fall faster than Momo moving the island.

Does it really matter? He could very well take more than 10 seconds to go back to base and it's not like we know where exactly he is in the sky, but at least we know he's falling as he is upside down.
Based on nothing. The only time we see him transform it happens ridiculously quick
1045-012.png
1045-013.png

This wouldn't take more than 5 seconds.
Except it does? The meteor moving at 41,000 m/s wouldn't have even given time to those people to laugh several times, while Onigashima is already close to the surface.
The island moving for 10 seconds gives the people time to laugh several times, in 10 seconds.
That speed of gravity is making fragments fall faster than Momo moving the island.
then those would move at their own speed and the island would move at its own speed as well

The fact that we can hear people cheering and laughing while Onigashima is still on the sky falling debunks this meteoric speed, and not to mention we can see shunks of the Onigashima falling off faster than the island itself.

Unless you think civilians in One Piece can laugh at Massively Hypersonic speeds, the calc is nonsensical and a terrible way to measure Momo's power.

@KLOL506 Any opinions on this? These people are willingly to throw logic and narrative out of the window just to get a High 6-A feat.
Yeaaaaaaaaaah no, I'll just bluntly state out loud what I said to Damage before.

I WILL NOT, IN GOOD CONSCIENCE, EVER TOUCH A ONE PIECE CALC WITH A 10 FOOT POLE EVEN IF YOU THREATENED TO KILL MY FAMILY, MY FRIENDS OR MY OTHER LOVED ONES. Ain't worth the gamble.

Who said he was only pulling it Horizontally?
Did you not see where he said "I can't allow it to fall"???
He was doing both.

Not allowing it to fall doesn't mean he was pulling it upwards. He was stopping it from reaching the Flower Capital where Kaido intended to drop it; so it wouldn't fall until it got there.

It was falling.
In a diagonal motion.

What about when Momonosuke wasn't holding onto it? It wasn't falling then.

Yeaaaaaaaaaah no, I'll just bluntly state out loud what I said to Damage before.

I WILL NOT, IN GOOD CONSCIENCE, EVER TOUCH A ONE PIECE CALC WITH A 10 FOOT POLE EVEN IF YOU THREATENED TO KILL MY FAMILY, MY FRIENDS OR MY OTHER LOVED ONES. Ain't worth the gamble.
Good choice

The panels you posted show Luffy returning to base after several deep sighs and saying "who says I'm at my limit"
The island moving for 10 seconds gives the people time to laugh several times, in 10 seconds.
Except it was just about to land in that panel, the island is no longer 410,000 meters above the sky there.
then those would move at their own speed and the island would move at its own speed as well
I'm not sure what you mean by this, the issue is still the fragments falling off the island faster than your calculated 41,000 m/s speed.

And that's impossible, the island is moving slower than a free falling rock.

Not allowing it to fall doesn't mean he was pulling it upwards. He was stopping it from reaching the Flower Capital where Kaido intended to drop it; so it wouldn't fall until it got there.
He said he couldn't move it upwards, but he wouldn't let it go down any further
What about when Momonosuke wasn't holding onto it? It wasn't falling then.
Flame clouds still maintained it briefly. They weren't just staying in the air.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back