• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One-Punch Man: Beefcake's AP Calcs

I took a look at Kachon's new calc.

What makes you think that is even a 6-lane highway?

I took a look at Kachon's new calc.

What makes you think that is even a 6-lane highway?
We don't know, however considering the multiple skyscrapers and it's size relative to them as well as looking at real world examples make this assumption not based on nothing

But it still does require a few assumptions which is why I still believe the skyscraper method is the best option for this as it requires only 1 assumption

I made my own version cause why not

I guess I'll also make my own version using roads, just for fun. If only to point out how repeatedly arbitrary this is.

I guess I'll also make my own version using roads, just for fun. If only to point out how repeatedly arbitrary this is.
I know exactly what your gonna do to point that out as well
Go ahead

What I'm trying to do here is work out a scaling method that works the best in this situation

I've already laid out in reasons above why the official height just isn't cutting it in this instance due to the enormous disparity between the statement and what we see in the manga

So voice your opinion on what you like best out of all the methods besides the official height scaling

Or you can call more calc members in here to discuss further, it doesn't matter whatever gets this resolved faster

I also agree that 20 meters is way, way too small for those buildings that even look like skyscrapers.

Beefcake has been drawn inconsistently across all panels, and this one is no exception either, so using him to measure something doesn't make much sense to me given how inconsistent his height have been.

Except we're not using other visuals to find a value for his height here. It's not like we're measuring how big he in a different part of the chapter then using that height value to scale the crater in comparison to him in a different part of the chapter.

We're taking the canonical height that we have Beefcake accepted as being on our profiles and using that to get a simple 1 to 1 comparison to the crater on the same panel as him.

Which I think is at least more reliable than some random scribbled building or road.

Inconsistent visuals take less priority than canonical stated information that has been given to us.

We are using an inconsistent creature to measure the destruction he caused on the city, instead of the city itself which is precisely what was destroyed?

If a giant monster with a stated size destroyed Mt. Fuji, would you use the monster to measure the destruction instead of the mountain itself? Sorry, but I can't agree with that.

Besides, we already agreed to use the destruction caused on the ground in another thread, and I don't see anything new being brought here, everybody knows Beefcake is too inconsistent to use him, we accepting that height on his profile is irrelevant, it doesn't change the fact that he is just bigger in that panel compared to his stated size, just like every other panel he was drawn.

If a giant monster with a stated size destroyed Mt. Fuji, would you use the monster to measure the destruction instead of the mountain itself? Sorry, but I can't agree with that.

Besides, we already agreed to use the destruction caused on the ground in another thread, and I don't see anything new being brought here, everybody knows Beefcake is too inconsistent to use him, we accepting that height on his profile is irrelevant.
Different situation there because then you're dealing with a situation where there's two conflicting canon heights; the height of the giant monster and the height of Mt. Fuji.

And what was decided in a previous thread can easily be undone in this thread.

Also, this is is majorly inconsistent with how we've treated other verses in the past. Canonical stated information has almost always outweighed inconsistent visuals as far as I can tell.

Different situation there because then you're dealing with a situation where there's two conflicting canon heights; the height of the giant monster and the height of Mt. Fuji.
The only difference I see is an inconsistent monster with wildly different size ranges, and actual buildings and roads compared to the crater.
And what was decided in a previous thread can easily be undone in this thread.
As I said, nothing new is being contributed here, everyone knows what his canonical height is, making another thread with the same points defeats the purpose of the original thread, which was to use the city over the giant.

And no, bringing an example from a wildly different manga is not a new point, it's their problem to use the canonical height despite being inconsistent with the drawings.

Not all verses follow the same standards, why should our verse have to bend backwards to the standards of others, instead of them doing it for ours?

Last edited:
@Therefir; if we could get other verses to bend over backwards, I would love to do that.

For the sake of the argument, here is an alternate version scaling the crater to a road. Does this look sound in principle?

@Therefir; For the sake of the argument, here is an alternate version scaling the crater to a road. Does this look sound in principle?
I would like to clarify that 3.7 meters is the width of a single line, while a state highway is double if not more than that.

If we are measuring the whole street, I would probably use 12 meters, which is for the whole two-lane highway, the minimum needed for cars to go in and out of the city.

Needless to say, the 3.7-meter width line would only fit for one car.

The road I picked doesn't appear to be a highway, just a normal road which may be a single-lane road or a double-lane road but there is little detail to be certain.

The road I picked doesn't appear to be a highway, just a normal road which may be a single-lane road or a double-lane road but there is little detail to be certain.
If there's little detail then why assume it to be a single lane road?

Imma list the options we came up with to scale the crater for Therifir

1. Floor scaling - Hard to tell due to the low detail of the background buildings

2. Highway Scaling - Assumptive as there is no average size for a highways listed, only average lane size. Assuming number of lanes while better is still unreliable

3. Skyscraper scaling - Assumes that the tallest building on panel meets the minimum requirements to be considered a skyscraper, that being 100 meters

And here are the current calcs employing each one of these methods

Using the floor method - https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Kachon123/One-Punch_Man:_Beefcake_Makes_a_Crater

Using the road method - https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User:Damage3245/Beefcake and https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Kachon123/One-Punch_Man:_Beefcake_Makes_a_Crater_Redux

Using the Skyscraper method - https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Shmeatywerbenmanjenson/Beefcake_makes_a_Crater

Results vary between 500 meters to as much as 4 km however I still believe these are infinitely more valid than using the height scaling

I also believe the skyscraper method to be the best as it requires the least amount of assumptions

It's a city, even normal roads are double-lane.

But I might need to check the manga just to see how Murata draws them.

It's a city, even normal roads are double-lane.

But I might need to check the manga just to see how Murata draws them.
I'm at an interview right now so I can't help as much, but the chapter titled "Accelerate" should show some good shots. I think it's around chapter 44.

Like hell it does; you don't even know if the building you're scaling off of is classed as a skyscraper.
That's where the assumption is

It's assuming that the largest skyscraper out of the whole metropolis we see sprawled out meets the minimum requirements to be considered a skyscraper

That requires 1 assumption

Assuming number of lanes is also an assumption that can vary by road

Yours also assumes so why is mine the bad one?

To Damage's credit, this doesn't look like a super-metropolis, but more like a town, or the outskirts of an actual city.

I'm reconsidering the use of skyscrapers or double-lane highways.

I know Beefcake moves to "another town", but if it's the same as the previous one, those aren't really skyscrapers, just urban buildings.

@Shmeatywerbenmanjenson How does that make it the "least amount of assumptions"?
Because we don't see how many lanes or any detail at all really on any of the roads on panel

While the building on panel at least sticks out as the tallest among other high rise building add validity to what I'm claiming

To Damage's credit, this doesn't look like a super-metropolis, but more like a town, or the outskirts of an actual city.

I'm reconsidering the use of skyscrapers or double-lane highways.
I'd like to point out that in this very panel we see at the very least this small town has buildings that span 10+ stories which gives me an idea

Because we don't see how many lanes or any detail at all really on any of the roads on panel

While the building on panel at least sticks out as the tallest among other high rise building add validity to what I'm claiming
We know at minimum it must be at least 1 lane wide.

We don't know what the minimum safe height is for that building you picked out.

Okay, I will wait for your suggestion.
This panel right here shows that the building near beefcake are at least 13 stories high

Would it be fair using this to assume that the tallest building in the surrounding area to be at least this high?

Pic I'm referencing:
gl6ecv9.jpg

This panel right here shows that the building near beefcake are at least 13 stories high

Would it be fair using this to assume that the tallest building in the surrounding area to be at least this high?

Pic I'm referencing:
gl6ecv9.jpg
I think that should work, but if you are picking the tallest building, you should also try to use the tallest building in the panel with the crater.

@Shmeatywerbenmanjenson Kachon and I both switched up to Violent Fragmentation in our calcs. There is way too much debris around the crater for it to be pure pulverization.

EDIT: To correct myself, Kachon did 2 ends.

Back