• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Punch Man City/ Planet Size

So recently I saw it was decided that One Punch Man anime is canon. In that case there may be some major revision to tiers based on the size of One Punch man cities. In One Punch Man anime episode 7 these images were shown depicting the size of One Punch Man cities:
OnePunchManCities1
OnePunchManCities2
In these photos the cities appear closer to large countries in size p, which could merit a large upgrade, even if these are only the districts the cities are within it would mean anything that was a threat to multiple cities would be country level because of how distant the cities are.

Alternatively this could mean the One Punch Man planet is incredibly small and would subsequently mean characters like Lord Boros, Monster Garo and Saitama would need to be downgraded. What are everyone's thoughts on this?

I see no reason to believe their earth is incredibly small. The earth is just composed of one big continent that is based on the Saitama prefecture. Not sure if this would upgrade actual city level characters, though. The cities seemed to have other cities within them, most of the time.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
I see no reason to believe their earth is incredibly small. The earth is just composed of one big continent that is based on the Saitama prefecture. Not sure if this would upgrade actual city level characters, though. The cities seemed to have other cities within them, most of the time.
Okay, I just thought it was worth noticing.

The cities arent countries size they just reside in different countries think of them as the capitals or main city of those different countries.

If so, could this possibly mean OPM's moon is much smaller than ours or that OPM's earth is much bigger than ours?

It's pretty unlikely, but I just find the possibility interesting.

Alright, I so I did a quick calc and scaled the size of Z-city (measuring from it's farthest ends) from the planet itself and destroying it with a single blast (using the Nuclear Weapons Effects Calculator: http://www.stardestroyer.net/Empire/Science/Nuke.html would rank as Large Country Level+ to low Small Continent Level. Very roughly around the 1 Petaton-ish range, I believe.

The thing is, though.... The Dragon Ranked monsters are just a threat to Multiple Cities, not that they will one shot it. And if you look at the few Dragon Feats we have (Vaccine Man), a casual wave of his destroyed most of a city. Even if he were to be a thousand times stronger seriously, that's still far below Country Level.

I mean... The "strongest" threat sans Boros and Garou so far would be the meteor. As it would destroy the whole Country Sized city, and damage the neighboring ones. The association did call the S Class heroes for it, which they did not for threats such as Vaccine Man.

Matthew Schroeder said:
I mean... The "strongest" threat sans Boros and Garou so far would be the meteor. As it would destroy the whole Country Sized city, and damage the neighboring ones. The association did call the S Class heroes for it, which they did not for threats such as Vaccine Man.
Didn't Bang say the meteor was like "Dragon of the highest priority" or something along those lines?

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
Matthew Schroeder said:
Didn't Bang say the meteor was like "Dragon of the highest priority" or something along those lines?
I guess, but it still shows that it was a big deal, they wouldn't call and S-Class Reunion for a lesser Dragon. They'd probably just call Tatsumaki, Bang or someone of that caliber.

Back