• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One-Punch Man: Convoluted Low-Mid Tier Scaling Fixes

Status
Not open for further replies.
A bunch of people scale to 7-C when they have no business scaling there.

The Three Crows currently backscale from Suiryu's 7-C+ rating into 7-C, which ends up scaling the likes of Snek and Lightning Max to 7-C.

The profiles already acknowledge the fact that Suiryu was severely weakened. Scaling of any kind between the Crows and Suiryu is ridiculous, especially when we consider the fact that a healthy Suiryu one-shotted both Snek and Lightning Max.

Instead, Snek, Lightning Max, and The Three Crows should scale to this calc (9-A). As a result of this, any wording that implies scaling to Suiryu on the profiles should be removed.

Yeah, this is fine with me. Always considered it weird that those two were being scaled to being close to Suiryu.

As someone who did support the 7-C scaling, I believe it should be dropped as well now. Since Suiryu does casually one shot both Snek and Lightning Max. Not only that but Snek and Max both one shotted a Crow as well, which makes it even more iffy. This currently places them way too close Suiryu.

So yeah, I agree with dropping the scaling.

I don't believe mentioning the Three Crows is relevant, considering Snek one shotted them and he is where the 9-A value comes from.

At least from what I'm aware of the three Crows have no direct scaling outside of hurting a weakened Suiryu, which isn't a feat.

Unless I'm forgetting something.

Yeah, found it weird for Snek to be that high when he's consistently seen to be one of if not the weakest A-Class hero. There was a statement about not having their weapons or armor being another reason for why they were weaker than Suiryu, but even with those weapons they didn't really have feats living up. This is good by the way.

Will the scaling for characters outside of the Max, Snek, and the Crows be brought up in a different thread?

Since I'm pretty sure other people are scaling to this chain.

I don't believe mentioning the Three Crows is relevant, considering Snek one shotted them and he is where the 9-A value comes from.

At least from what I'm aware of the three Crows have no direct scaling outside of hurting a weakened Suiryu, which isn't a feat.

Unless I'm forgetting something.
They manhandled the other Superfight contestants who don't really have any definitive AP value but should be comparable to Snek as he consistently finishes on the top 4 of the tournament

And I don't think it should be removed because killing those crows is really their only notable feat, and it will be for a long time.
Should also note that this would drop DSK and Genos level fighters to 8-A
Either way, I agree
Not for long

That doesn't make them comparable to Snek at all, he one shotted his own opponent and nothing suggest any other scales to him. You can't scale them to him because you feel like it. Snek one shotted the Crow and he is where the 9-A feat comes from, this means the Crows can't be equal to Snek since he one shotted them

This is the same reason why we aren't downscaling them from Suiryu anymore, because he one shotted them.

Zakos: One shotted by Saitama, has no feats.

Gatling: Scales to Hamukichi and Volten, none of them have any feats or scaling.

Lin Lin: Stomped by Max, no scaling or feats.

Sour Face: Scales to Jakumen who has no feats or scaling.

None of these people have any reason to scale to Snek or Max. Which means the Crows can't be 9-A by scaling to them.

However, if the Crows scales to Dave's feat I guess it should be fine. Since that value is higher than what Snek scales to.

I mean, lightning max's special electric kick thingy did hurt the deep sea king, and both he and snek managed to survive blows without getting turned into paste or killed in general

I don't really feel like a gap of over 400,000 times between the two A class heroes and town level characters is consistent in the slightest, so I'd like to see literally any alternative to push them above tier 9 fodder of all things
if it does get to that point then we might literally just have to make them unknown

My reasoning is that the contestants should be relative to Snek/A Class Heroes as he never won a Superfight tournament despite participating 4 times prior to the current one
That doesn't mean anything, nor do I understand why this would mean they scale to him. We don't know who he fought or if they fought people who fought him.

Snek didn't fight any of them in this tournament and still didn't win, there was nothing suggesting they anyone there fought Snek previously.

You're also ignoring the obvious issue here.

Snek one shotted the Crow, which means they are not comparable to him. You're basically saying Snek can one shot people who are relative to him, what logic is that?

That doesn't mean anything, nor do I understand why this would mean they scale to him. We don't know who he fought or if they fought people who fought him.

Snek didn't fight any of them in this tournament and still didn't win, there was nothing suggesting they anyone there fought Snek previously.

You're also ignoring the obvious issue here.

Snek one shotted the Crow, which means they are not comparable to him. You're basically saying Snek can one shot people who are relative to him, what logic is that?
Fair enough I guess

One of the Crows did survive a kick from Max but got killed by the following one

Let's remember something here
in both fiction and reality, durability and AP often don't match up, even if here we just assume they're close
it is very much possible to one shot someone who can hurt you with their punches (especially when it's a regular one shot, and not like blowing someone up with a touch), and I doubt Snek was just an order of magnitude above the crows' AP even if he did one shot them with a full power attack

Let's remember something here
This is true, but we need proof of this. We don't assume this when someone's only real feat is getting one shotted.

The Crows don't have anything to suggest they should be comparable to Snek at all, as they got one shotted and never harmed him.

Also, Snek didn't just knock it out or anything. He struck a hole into the body and had it vomiting blood.

Well what we got for the Crows is that they make for a Disaster level Demon as a trio, can easily beat the other martial artists and they were disciples of Gouketsu and it has been made a point repeated times through this particular arc that monsters are physically far above most humans

The Crows are Demon level all together, meaning they must be high up in Tiger level in terms of the Monster Association.

So I guess they could scale to any Tiger level monster from the association? Electric Catfish Man scales to Lightning Genji, who scales to Grizzly Nyan's children, which gave Genos a hard fight. Going by the future ratings, since we're dropping 7-C scaling. That'd place them at 8-A or 474 Tons of TNT?

Or is that wrong? I'm not super familiar with One-Punch Man scaling by memory, so I could be missing something.

wouldn't this technically mean that they should individually be no less than 1/3 of the strongest tiger levels
This is probably the lowest-end I can think of.

Three Crows are Demon level together because their combined strength reaches that level.

Meaning they're 3x weaker than Demon level, which scales above Catfish Man. Which means they're at least 158 Tons of TNT.

@Kachon123

What exactly are the Three Crows scaling to? Right now, no one has provided proof why they should scale to Snek's 9-A calculation.

We already handled this with the 158 tons, right?
That'd be the lowest outcome, which I'm fine with.

But no other Staff has agreed on that matter, just that Snek and the others don't scale to Suiryu and should be downgraded.

The initial response was for 9-A, but the 8-A stuff was brought up after their agreement.

That'd be the lowest outcome, which I'm fine with.

But no other Staff has agreed on that matter, just that Snek and the others don't scale to Suiryu and should be downgraded.

The initial response was for 9-A, but the 8-A stuff was brought up after their agreement.
Good point. I'll revert the changes on Snek's profile then.

@DarkDragonMedeus @Maverick_Zero_X @Damage3245

Calling them since they gave their opinions last time.

Currently we're discussing if the Three Crows should scale to 3x below 474 Tons. As without the 7-C scaling the MA's Demon level threats becomes 474 Tons.

Reasoning: Electric Catfish Man scales to Lightning Genji, who was able to harm a monster that gave Genos difficult time. Genos scales far above his 474 Tons feat from Chapter 6. This puts both Lightning Genji and Electric Catfish Man at 474 Tons, and since the latter is only Tiger level, that means any Demon level scales above 474 Tons.

The Three Crows' combined strength equals Demon level in the Monster Association, meaning they're 3x below Demon level individually. We already know and accept the fact the Monster Association only gives ratings based on power alone. As such the Three Crows and anyone who scales to them would be at least 158 Tons.

Is this reasoning acceptable?

Sounds alright. This should also upgrade various 8-B characters too I take it?
Is that because Spinner is considered strong among the A-Class Heroes? Regardless it'd be best to save it for another thread.

This would only affect the 7-C characters that were scaling from this and none of the 8-B characters were scaling previously.

I thought we didn't scale purely by Disaster level anymore?
Only for the Hero Association ratings.

Monster Association ratings are based purely on power and we currently accept and still do that scaling.

@ZillertheBucko

Why are Genji and Catfish Man scaling to 50% Prisoner? I don't actually understand what you mean here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back