• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One-Punch Man: Convoluted Low-Mid Tier Scaling Fixes

Status
Not open for further replies.
because base deep sea king is stronger than 100% Prisoner
You could've said that instead of saying they're equal to him.

100% Prisoner is stronger than 776.74 Tons of TNT, since less than 50% of his power is greater than Hammerhead.

Deep Sea King scales above Prisoner, Genos scales to Deep Sea King, and Lightning Genji and Electric Catfish Man scale to Genos who is stronger than he was before.

776.74/3 = 258.91 Tons of TNT.

So these are the ratings, am I correct here?

You could've said that instead of saying they're equal to him.

100% Prisoner is stronger than 776.74 Tons of TNT, since less than 50% of his power is greater than Hammerhead.

Deep Sea King scales above Prisoner, Genos scales to Deep Sea King, and Lightning Genji and Electric Catfish Man scale to Genos who's stronger than he was before.

776.74/3 = 258.91 Tons of TNT.

So these are the ratings, am I correct here?
yeah pretty much
although its been brought to my attention that currently its

2x Hammerhead < 100% Prisoner < Base DSK = Genos = Nyah = Genji
which makes Genji stronger than 10% Prisoner, which is weird
So maybe we should have Genos > Nyah = Genji instead
idk if thats a topic for now or another time but that's that
but yeah, that's the gist of it

Genos scales to Deep Sea King, and Lightning Genji

Just a thought on this; I don't think think that Lightning Genji should actually be scaling to Genos.

The profile currently claims that Genos struggled with one of the child Grizzly Nyah's with this scan, but all that shows is Genos being knocked through a wall and not suffering any visible damage. Then later in the chapter we see that Genos has fried the child Grizzly Nyah that he was fighting, with the only damage being to his clothes. So we don't have any indication that a child Grizzly Nyah can actually overcome Genos' durability.

Two A-Class heroes (Lightning Genji and Stinger) scaling to be higher than Puri-Puri Prisoner & the Deep Sea King seems off to me.

Just a thought on this; I don't think think that Lightning Genji should actually be scaling to Genos.

The profile currently claims that Genos struggled with one of the child Grizzly Nyah's with this scan, but all that shows is Genos being knocked through a wall and not suffering any visible damage. Then later in the chapter we see that Genos has fried the child Grizzly Nyah that he was fighting, with the only damage being to his clothes. So we don't have any indication that a child Grizzly Nyah can actually overcome Genos' durability.
Genos' blasters scale above his striking, of course.
The fact that he was having trouble means the nyah was physically contending with him, and we've seen with garou vs genos that his durability doesn't necessarily have to be relative to his striking power. TTM for example, isn't as durable as post superfight Genos, despite being as strong as him.
Two A-Class heroes (Lightning Genji and Stinger) scaling to be higher than Puri-Puri Prisoner & the Deep Sea King seems off to me.
Yeah, that can be addressed with downscaling for consistency sake as suggested above.

Genos' blasters scale above his striking, of course.
The fact that he was having trouble means the nyah was physically contending with him, and we've seen with garou vs genos that his durability doesn't necessarily have to be relative to his striking power. TTM for example, isn't as durable as post superfight Genos, despite being as strong as him.
I don't think Genos was actually having any trouble with it. By the end of the fight he was entirely unharmed. And simply being knocked through a wall doesn't mean that the monster was stronger than him.

Remember, Deep Sea King could rip off Genos' arm. I don't see any indication that the Grizzly Nyah is as powerful as that.

I don't think Genos was actually having any trouble with it. By the end of the fight he was entirely unharmed.

Remember, Puri-Puri Prisoner could rip off Genos' arm. I don't see any indication that the Grizzly Nyah is as powerful as that.
It is a repaired Genos, might not have the same armor
contending with his physical strength is enough to say it would get its scaling from him

Genos stated that the monster was tougher than he thought and he was fighting it offscreen for sometime. It has to be somewhat physically comparable to him or he'd one shot it. Genos doesn't have a habit of holding back, he has a habit of dropping his guard, so it's not like he wasn't fighting seriously. He doesn't show any mercy to monsters.

His cannons burn with high heat, which ignores physical durability to an extent. Genos' cannons are capable of killing those comparable to him if they lack heat resistance. We also have no idea how many shots from the cannon that monster took. We just know Genos didn't one shot it since the fight lasted for awhile.

Hero ratings aren't based off power alone, Lightning Genji and Spinner's Bamboo Shoot being comparable to Prisoner/Genos isn't any issue at all. They also aren't stronger than Genos, Prisoner, or Deep Sea King. They just scale to the same value of 776.74 Tons, just lower on the chain.

Note: I'm not super familiar with One-Punch Man scaling so this is all I'll say on the matter. I'll let the rest of you make your own conclusions here. This was just my opinion from what I know and what I've read on the profiles. So you're free to disagree with me here, especially if I'm wrong.

Is that because Spinner is considered strong among the A-Class Heroes? Regardless it'd be best to save it for another thread.

This would only affect the 7-C characters that were scaling from this and none of the 8-B characters were scaling previously.
Personally, I never understood how Stinger was physically weaker than Snek; he's 8-B but High 7-C with his spear. And Child/Wild Emperor upscales scales from his physical stats via the PL calculator.

But I guess that's a topic for another thread yeah.

I'll address the Lightning Genji stuff in another thread later on when I have time then. Fine with the changes for now.

Genos stated that the monster was tougher than he thought and he was fighting it offscreen for sometime. It has to be somewhat physically comparable to him or he'd one shot it. Genos doesn't have a habit of holding back, he has a habit of dropping his guard, so it's not like he wasn't fighting seriously. He doesn't show any mercy to monsters.

His cannons burn with high heat, which ignores physical durability to an extent. Genos' cannons are capable of killing those comparable to him if they lack heat resistance. We also have no idea how many shots from the cannon that monster took. We just know Genos didn't one shot it since the fight lasted for awhile.

Hero ratings aren't based off power alone, Lightning Genji and Spinner's Bamboo Shoot being comparable to Prisoner/Genos isn't any issue at all. They also aren't stronger than Genos, Prisoner, or Deep Sea King. They just scale to the same value of 776.74 Tons, just lower on the chain.

Note: I'm not super familiar with One-Punch Man scaling so this is all I'll say on the matter. I'll let the rest of you make your own conclusions here. This was just my opinion from what I know and what I've read on the profiles. So you're free to disagree with me here, especially if I'm wrong.
Yeah this is basically what Ziller is saying and how the changes should look from now on. We should make Grizzly Nyah, Stinger and Genji be "at most" to make it clear they are still inferior to Genos and the likes of DSK

How should I word The Three Crows profile? For their AP
2 keys: Together' and 'Individually'

'Together' Key's AP: 'At least Multi-City Block level+ (As a Monster Association demon level threat, they should be superior to the likes of Electric Catfish Man)

'Individually' Key's AP: 'Multi-City Block level (3 times weaker than they are together. Considered by Gouketsu powerful enough to kill a weakened Suiryu)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back