• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Open another tab for Bulbapedia - Rayquaza VS Top Droidragon

XitSign

He/Him
A really dumb idea, but they're both big green dragons and have similar ratings...And I REALLY wanted to make use of the new Droidragon because it's such a ridiculous character idea.

So one of my favorite Pokemon VS one of my favorite profiles to add

---

Rayquaza VS Top Droidrago, Speed Equalized, Base Rayquaza VS Top Droidragon, Mega Evolution restricted (For now)

Rayquaza breaks the OS: 6

Top Droidragon Googles Ray's weaknesses: 0

Dragon Type weakness goes both ways: 0

600px-384Rayquaza E
Top Droidragon

Planetary range vs kilometers range.

Rayquaza outranges.

Based on the words of someone else, Rayquaza's leading move is usually hyper beam, which should be sufficient in terms of range.

SBA would have them still in range of one another to start the battle, so Rayquaza would need to range abuse for that. Like Bob pointed out I'm not sure that's a thing Ray does, or at least would do early on.

But, one for Ray, Dragonoid should've googled type matchups first.

Rayquaza has an intelligence advantage, he'll find some kind of strategy that works before Top Droidragon finds a strategy.

Shouldn't strategy be a factor in intelligence? Especially in a battle board?

Then again, Ray does have a strategy focused around speed and power, again based on another person's words. He uses hyper beam unless it's clear that it doesn't work, then he starts dragon dancing, desiring to use extreme speed as a follow up.

Dragonoid's kinda got a limited strategy to begin with, he basically spams 'Search' for durability negation and attacks...and sometimes rebounds damage thanks to his passive. He's not a complicated fighter.

Ray does clearly beat it in history and inteligence, just because Dragnoid doesn't have much known battle history and has so much less to work with.

That is a bit simple but it makes sense. I thought that when you said "strategy." you were describing something more complex. Though wouldn't that strategy hurt him since HB has cool down and lacks type advantage?

Hyper Beam is just rayquaza's in character lead. It could hurt him, but chances are, he'll switch to another move quickly enough if he thinks it isn't working.

However, the cool down does not apply to Rayquaza. He can spam it.

I guess Rayquaza is an Apple purist, smh.

Considering the effects of Search and Super Metallic Body, Droidragon's got a pretty good shot, but as said above, Rayquaza spams range moves in-character. That's, like, his thing. Every time.

So, Rayquaza FRA.

I think the question was OUT-Range Spamming. They're staring in range of one another, so Ray's better range is only useable if Ray gets out of Droidragon's range. Which we're not sure is a strategy Ray uses regularly.

Regardless, ray already has good points, so the FRA's still totally counted.

How many kilometers is Android's range? Cause SBA would only put them at a 4km range, which may or may not be in what's listed on the Droid's page.

I'm voting for Rayquaza for all the aforementioned reasons anyways.

High Cloudline, 5 meters at the least but likely higher. Which is why the range thing didn't seem to hold up. Droid's attacks are still in SBA range unless Rayquaza chooses to leave to range spam.

And that's Grace.

Back