• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

OPM: Flashy Flash Downgrades

Assaltwaffle

VS Battles
Retired
Well, Flashy Flash needs to come down a notch.

First, his AP. For one, it doesn't match out Kinetic Energy Feats page's standards. The calc assumes the man just body slams people, which he doesn't. A correct calculation would be calcing the energy for his sword swing, not his body slam. That would be if his speed is just outright incorrect.

Second, and most importantly, his speed. His speed comes from this feat, in which Flashy Flash and two monsters move to the point that an explosion is viewed at snail speed. OK.

1. We really need strong evidence that this thing is truly snail speed. A snail is totally frozen to us unless we just stare at it, and in a single manga panel you can't tell that whatsoever. Maybe if the anime adaptation shows this such an assumption might be valid, but you can't tell here. The following shots in the fight don't show it close enough to determine if it hasn't moved; it may have already moved a meter or two later on for all we know.

2. This is the damning one. This isn't caused by an explosive. The calculation assumes that 2,700 m/s detonation velocity is the bridge's speed, and that just isn't true because the bridge is destroyed by Flashy Flash and the monsters, not by a measurable explosive. It could be moving at 100 m/s or 10,000 m/s, but we don't know for sure and we can't know.

The calc for his speed is outright invalid, and even the method for calculation his AP was done incorrectly by using his full body mass instead of the mass of his sword.

I don't know who scales to Flash, so if anyone does, let me know.

I did suspect this wasn't meeting our kinetic energy standards and the other points make sense to me as well.

This is not just why the speed calculation is wrong. The distance he traveled while the blast was almost frozen is much bigger than the calculated

Maybe you could work something out utilizing the initial velocity those rocks need to reach their maximum height, but it definitely won't be anywhere near 2500 m/s like the calc assumes.

Actually Brave Giant is Low 7-B via this. Though whether or not the calc is legit is up to you.

@M3X

I think that you mentioned earlier that there was another calculation for this feat. Can you link it here?

CrimsonStarFallen said:
So, does he become Sub-Rel from scaling to Tatsumaki or does he become At least MHS+ via being faster than Atomic Samurai?
MHS+

Why is Tats even Sub rel?

The bullets fired off from that ship are Mach 2k and Shigeo's feat is accepted at Mach 5k and even then it's only reaction speed according to the blog itself.

The mid end was accepted for his feat which is mach 5k, and according to the blog it's for reaction speed.

Unless we use multipliers for him this is his best feat.

Yeah, that should be downgraded as well, because the logic was "This is only 40% Suzuki, so he normally is much faster", which, today, isn't accepted.

Seems weird to scale a character from a franchise to another like that. Even if it is of the same author

If we don't use multipliers for that feat then Shigeo needs to be Downgraded to MHS+

Same with Tatsumaki

Yeah I don't think we normally apply multipliers to speed, although I'm not very familiar with the context here.

Ryukama, myself, and other members had a long discussion about Tatsumaki and Mob, and I lost the argument, so Tatsumaki now scales from Mob, and we adjusted the Crossovers rules somewhat.

It's probably best to discuss the multipliers for Mob's lightning feat

Because without the Multipliers pretty much half the verse needs to be downgraded

Bump since this important. For refrence I do agree with the downgrades if they don't meet the standards. Same with speed.

Can somebody summarise what needs to be done here?

M3X said:
User blog:USklaverei/OPM: Flashy Flash moving fast

Here. The problem still the same, he used explosion speed. But the distance he scaled is correct. We just need to change the speed
Well, even assuming those rocks only moved at 1m/s the speed would be 545,510.6 m/s which is Mach 1,603.08 MHS+.

However that relies on the assumption that the initial "explosion" only moved 1mm during the entire thing, and people seem to disagree with that.

Antvasima said:
Can somebody summarise what needs to be done here?
Fix the Sub-Rel calc currently used, get rid of the KE reasoning, and now they barely scale to the Brave Giant who's still Low 7-B.

Someone should contact Mob Psycho 100 supporters about Tats' sub-rel scaling. Flash arguably, and the ninjas even more arguably, scale above her.

I'd suggest an 'At least High 7-C, likely Low 7-B' rating for the monster ninjas + Flashy for the former being Dragon levels as well as being called strong by CE and damaging Brave Giant, albeit not by much.

Don't we scale Boros and Garou to relativistic+ because they were capable of dodging Saitama, or at least surprising him?

Shouldn't flash scale now? I think we also use webcomic canon, he was capable of dodging a casual Saitama or whatever you call it.

Flashspeed

Flash was barely able to keep up with a Garou who was holding back, while using shadow feet. It's very likely that Saitama was also just holding back immensely and wasn't moving at relavistic speeds.

Qawsedf234 said:
Fix the Sub-Rel calc currently used, get rid of the KE reasoning, and now they barely scale to the Brave Giant who's still Low 7-B.
Okay. Thanks.

I am very busy though, so I will unsubscribe from this thread. You can send me a message if you need my help later.

Back