• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A reverse image search leads to what seems to be a Korean forum site where the image was posted today/on the 26th. Could just be fanart unless the Korean thing is also talking about leaks.

I'm betting on it being fan art but Murata did say something related to Garou evolving in the next few chapters so if this was real it could be a concept design.

According to the chat, Murata is redrawing the scenes where Orochi using flames to show Orochi melting the environment.

I think that's just a refrence to his high willpower, which can resist telekinesis in OPM. Although maybe his fight with Superalloy implies that he copied it but that could've just been because he was breaking his limiter.

He mentioned it, but he was also getting stronger in the fight. Psykos even stated he was getting faster during his battle with orochi. I believe he was also getting stronger during his fight with bang, bomb, and genos. but my memory might be wrong there, need to look back.

He was, but I don't know if that's just due to his constant monsterization or because of copied Metal Bat. Could be both I guess and he used the same phrase that MB uses. I just find it a bit iffy.

Garou doesn't have fighting spirit like Metal Bat. It's due to his constant monsterization, not from Metal Bat. Garou can't copy abilities.

Slightly off topic, but should partial-monsterizarion/full monster Garou get type 2 immortality? He is currently running around with a sizable hole in his side without much worry, and in the webcomic, after Monster Garou was defeated by Saitama, he did give a whole speech with a hole in his face (though I think it might've just been some sort of "shell" given that it cracked and fell off his body after Saitama hit him with that "ok.")

PTSOXMONKEY99 said:
Slightly off topic, but should partial-monsterizarion/full monster Garou get type 2 immortality? He is currently running around with a sizable hole in his side without much worry, and in the webcomic, after Monster Garou was defeated by Saitama, he did give a whole speech with a hole in his face (though I think it might've just been some sort of "shell" given that it cracked and fell off his body after Saitama hit him with that "ok.")
I think Garou just got ridiculously high Stamina.

Also yeah Monster Garou's hole in his face was more from the fact that his transformation was a shell

I guess you're right, but I was just asking cause before it seemed like his transformation was his actual body (I think it was, but it came off after he ran out of energy)

PTSOXMONKEY99 said:
I guess you're right, but I was just asking cause before it seemed like his transformation was his actual body (I think it was, but it came off after he ran out of energy)
I mean when he was in his Monster form his skin showed signs of cracking when he was punched by Saitama. As well as the fact once he depowers the entire thing comes down like a second skin. So I think his Monster form is more like a shell that's covering his body from harm and Saitama had enough force to crack said second layer

I thought it was his body actually changing to become more monstrous? Or am I remembering the webcomic wrong ( haven't read it in a while)?

PTSOXMONKEY99 said:
I thought it was his body actually changing to become more monstrous? Or am I remembering the webcomic wrong ( haven't read it in a while)?
His intial form which is Awakened Garou was to referred to by Saitama as a bad suit. And once he became Monster Garou Saitama still revered to it as a suit or costume.

Because of this I like to believe that both of his forms are like shells that are hiding the real Garou beneath them. And when Saitama punches Garou's forms he broke the shell around him revealing his true self beneath the costumes.

Keep in mind this is just my opnion and that the manga could retcon the entire scene so take what I say with a grain of salt.

Speaking of Garou shouldn't we add his human form more keys? he has several "forms"(post Bang\Genos fight(red eye) ,Post Royal Ripper(red eye pink hair,stated to be stronger than before) and now Post Orochi(black form)

Actually pre-Royal Ripper is Garou's peaked human form. It's only after his fight with Royal Ripper than Gyoro-Gyoro acknowledges him as a half-monster.

I thought it Psychos said it was after Garou being destroyed by Rover that he pushed Garou to the next level, I'll check to make sure.

Dienomite22 said:
Yup, Damage3245 is correct. My mistake.
So basically pre ripper one shot is peak Human Garou, while the Overgrown rover fight is partial monsterization including the Orochi Fight.

Didn't Murata say that Orochi is dragon + ? Or maybe it was just dragon. I don't have the quote but this could be a good chance to take him off the unknown tiers list

Murata said Dragon or higher, so his exact rank is still unknown.

Spartan1204 said:
Garou doesn't have fighting spirit like Metal Bat. It's due to his constant monsterization, not from Metal Bat. Garou can't copy abilities.
Monsterization only works when he is about to die, like in his figh with Ripper, he clearly mentions that he had fighting spirit, and he was getting stronger and faster during his fight with Orochi.

Dienomite22 said:
Yes he did, Orochi does need to be taken out of unknown on the tier list.
Here's the quote

> T/N: The Japanese used here is ÒüäÒüÿÒéçÒüå, meaning "greater or equal to", i.e. ÔëÑ. Doesn't outright say God, but that's the same phrase used for Boros.

So he's Dragon at least. Although that was already implied by Goketsu and Gyoro-Gyoro. Being Dragon+ is a pretty broad range, since it goes from "Can beat 7As casually to 6A/5B". So Orochi can be the same "rank" as Boros but still be a million times weaker.

Dragon+ isn't an actual thing. It's a fan name made up because Boros was called "Above Dragon" without being directly called God Level. The ranking system goes Wolf, Tiger, Demon, Dragon then God. Nowhere in the series or in an official statement will they mention a rating in between Dragon and God.

Either way Orochi isn't Boros's rank. Boros is definitively above Dragon, Orochi is either a Dragon or he's above one. We should wait until his ranking is actually revealed before saying anything.

Ryukama said:
Dragon+ isn't an actual thing. It's a fan name made up because Boros was called "Above Dragon" without being directly called God Level. The ranking system goes Wolf, Tiger, Demon, Dragon then God. Nowhere in the series or in an official statement will they mention a rating in between Dragon and God.
Either way Orochi isn't Boros's rank. Boros is definitively above Dragon, Orochi is either a Dragon or he's above one. We should wait until his ranking is actually revealed before saying anything.
What do you think about this

"Speaking of Garou shouldn't we add to his human form more keys? he has several forms(post Bang\Genos fight(red eye) ,Post Royal Ripper(red eye pink hair,stated to be stronger than before) and now Post Orochi(black form)"

Garou doesn't need so many redundant keys. Just one for the strongest his human form gets, one for half monster, and one for his monster form.

Ryukama said:
Murata has commented on Orochi's rank; using the same term that was used for Boros.

Here is the translation for his comment.

The term that was used for Boros was "above Dragon". Murata said "greater than or equal to Dragon".

And Dragon+ still isn't a thing.

Nobody is saying Dragon+ is an official term. It's just used for the sake of convenience. Just picture 'Above Dragon' whenever anybody uses the term Dragon+.

The translation note on the link I've posted claims it's the same term used for Boros. I'm inclined to trust them on that. Boros can still be way stronger than him while they both have the same disaster level.

(Deep Sea King and the Showerhead dude have the same rank after all, despite the gap in strength between them appearing quite large).

Boros is above Dragon Level, God is the only one level above Dragon Level, Boros fits the definition of God Level. Therefore he's God Level. Dragon+ is literal headcanon. Shouldn't be used even if it feels convenient. It's like claiming there's such a thing as an "A+ Class" when there objectively isn't. But that's a conversation for a different time.

Either way every other translation of Boros's statement I've seent puts him at "Above Dragon". Not "greater than or equal to Dragon" like Orochi's. But I'd need to see the original text of both to compare.

Yeah I was just using Dragon+ as short hand. Orochi, Boros, and Garou are called "Above Dragon" but are still technically in the Dragon rank category.

> Either way Orochi isn't Boros's rank. Boros is definitively above Dragon, Orochi is either a Dragon or he's above one. We should wait until his ranking is actually revealed before saying anything.

> Boros is above Dragon Level, God is the only one level above Dragon Level, Boros fits the definition of God Level. Therefore he's God Level.

Well offically speaking Boros's Disater Rating is Dragon going by his OPM Databook page (translation of the symbol near the top right that gives his rating). He's just vastly above everything in the series so far besides Saitama and Monster Garou

Ryukama said:
Boros is above Dragon Level, God is the only one level above Dragon Level, Boros fits the definition of God Level. Therefore he's God Level. Dragon+ is literal headcanon. Shouldn't be used even if it feels convenient. It's like claiming there's such a thing as an "A+ Class" when there objectively isn't. But that's a conversation for a different time.
Either way every other translation of Boros's statement I've seent puts him at "Above Dragon". Not "greater than or equal to Dragon" like Orochi's. But I'd need to see the original text of both to compare.
Notice how you're saying that Boros is 'Above Dragon'. Dragon+ is shorthand for 'Above Dragon'. There's no need to keep going on about it.

God Level is literally the only thing above Dragon Level. There is no level in between the two. When you're above Dragon Level, you're God Level. Again, let's just go around saying "A+ Class" and insisting there's such a thing as "A+ Class" heroes.

@Qawsed I'm talking about ONE's statement that Boros is above Dragon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back