• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Outlier Page - Superman Example Removal

Status
Not open for further replies.

FanofRPGs

VS Battles
Retired
It is not an outlier, I have read the stories and Superman didn't actually successfully beat Dominus through his own power. He tricked Dominus into using his reality warping hax against himself and thus being sealed in the pahntom zone.

Dominus' hax is multiversal but in a very limited and specific fashion. He draws off conscious minds and creates realities based on that, based on the thoughts, fears, and feelings of his target. Assuming his target is unconscious, the hax means nothing and the reality warping is about as useful as wet tissuepaper. It was through Dominus' reality warping and his jobbing/arrogance/need to lure out Kismet that he didn't simply kill Superman then and there, but it was still established he was vastly incomparably more powerful than him. He also wasn't more powerful than Kismet; had he met Kismet head-to-head she would erase him from existence. The problem was he couldn't find a way to reach her and so he relied on Superman to lure her out and catch her off guard, which he did. In fact, he wasn't physically taking her down, he was siphoning energy from her, showing again he wasn't yet as powerful as her and sought her power in the first place.

Regardless, even when depowered, his hax being useless, and Superman being ampled with his limiters broken with Torquasm Vo, Dominus was still stomping Superman and Supes had to rely on the vividity of Dominus' reality warping to create a phantom zone projector and BFR him.

So in conclusion, Dominus' reality warping is conditional and did not apply to the situation, and Superman did not even defeat him through brute force/power and was overall much outclassed by him. I would suggest a bigger outlier being able to punch out Mordru in Final Crisis.

Ionliosite said:
What would this change about his profile?
Nothing, this is for the outlier page because it's technically not an outlier, it's just a feat taken out of context. An outlier is a feat that he legitimately did, but is absolutely inconsistent.

Antvasima said:
I suppose that this seems to make sense, but we probably need an explanation footnote somewhere.
Do we have a page on out of context?

Sure.

Mostly, I suggest, is wait till I am done with analyzing his tier 4 feats so I can start making a blog debunking most of his tier 2/1 feats, which would include Dominus

Okay. Thank you for helping out with making the wiki more reliable.

From what I can tell, this thread agreed that Post-Crisis Superman defeating Dominus isn't an outlier, it's just taken out of context, but the Outlier page never got updated to reflect that. Is there something I'm missing?

From what I can tell, this thread agreed that Post-Crisis Superman defeating Dominus isn't an outlier, it's just taken out of context, but the Outlier page never got updated to reflect that. Is there something I'm missing?
@Firestorm808

Are you willing to update our Outlier page, if you think that it is a good idea?

Please elaborate and be more specific.

Thank you. Is there anything left to do here, or should we close this thread?

Last edited:
Okay. I will handle it. Thank you for helping out.

@IdiosyncraticLawyer

I have done so, but it would be much preferable if you remove the "Read Comic Online" advertisement text, and upload the images again afterwards.

Dominus' hax is multiversal but in a very limited and specific fashion. He draws off conscious minds and creates realities based on that, based on the thoughts, fears, and feelings of his target. Assuming his target is unconscious, the hax means nothing and the reality warping is about as useful as wet tissuepaper. It was through Dominus' reality warping and his jobbing/arrogance/need to lure out Kismet that he didn't simply kill Superman then and there, but it was still established he was vastly incomparably more powerful than him. He also wasn't more powerful than Kismet; had he met Kismet head-to-head she would erase him from existence. The problem was he couldn't find a way to reach her and so he relied on Superman to lure her out and catch her off guard, which he did. In fact, he wasn't physically taking her down, he was siphoning energy from her, showing again he wasn't yet as powerful as her and sought her power in the first place.
This is false, Dominus literally created a realm with it's own godsphere....

Okay. Thank you to everybody who helped out here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back