• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Overlord Ainz Ooal Gown vs Wight King Adalman (battle of undead)

AzuRizzz

She/Her
I just noticed that there are barely any Ainz match up so I'm making one again.

And today's match up is against another skeleton undead.

Ainz Ooal Gown vs Adalman (LN; eve of war arc)

10 meters apart both in sight

Both have the intent to kill.

Speed equal

Last edited:
Adalman doesn't resist Time Stop.

Ainz Reality Slashes his head off.

The end.
Ainz doesn't start off with time stop doesn't he, afaaik his first move are always instant death like grasp heart

Last edited:
Ainz doesn't start off with time stop, his first move are always instant death like grasp heart especially with intent to kill in character
He does, it's literally his first move like 4 or 5 times, while death manipulation is not his first move. Read his standard tactics section. It's got references out the ass

Ainz won't use his death magic, if his opponent is an undead, unless he use it with TGOLID.
Time Stop+Reality Slash GG

Adalman is severely faster than Ainz and Ainz doesnt resist corruption which is passive for Adalman. He can also disintegrate him ehich is SoL
Wight Kiñg fra

Adalman is severely faster than Ainz and Ainz doesnt resist corruption which is passive for Adalman. He can also disintegrate him ehich is SoL
Wight Kiñg fra
Does Ainz look organic to you? Plus, it literally doesn't matter, Ainz has 2 lives, probably more, Adalman won't be winning either way.

Corruption changes you to a mindless monster and it works on monster. Monsters in tensura arent organic either
Then CRT the description on the profile cause that ain't how it works RN

Also as multiple mods and knowledgeable people have said, if you resist the end result of Corruption you resist the Corruption by default, and seeing as Ainz resists layered mindfuck...

Then CRT the description on the profile cause that ain't how it works RN

Also as multiple mods and knowledgeable people have said, if you resist the end result of Corruption you resist the Corruption by default, and seeing as Ainz resists layered mindfuck...
Radiation manipulation is also passive and Ainz doesnt have any res to that either

Adalman would also be able to fire off a disintegration with his speed advantage
Also what is the speed of reality slash? Time stop is used by ainz to reduce or remove cast time, the speed of the attack itself remain the same. If we have been shown that any OL member has even reacted to It than adalman would dodge it

Radiation.

On a skeleton.

Unless this is some Nuclear Throne shit where it works even on robots and the like that ain't working here lmfao
He Doesnt resist it does he, a skeleton even existing shouldnt be possible in the first place so i think we should ignore what he is in the first place

Adalman would also be able to fire off a disintegration with his speed advantage
Also what is the speed of reality slash? Time stop is used by ainz to reduce or remove cast time, the speed of the attack itself remain the same. If we have been shown that any OL member has even reacted to It than adalman would dodge it
Which is a first move why?

Adalman isn't dodging it when its on his bony ass even if it has travel time, which I don't believe it does outside of the anime.

He Doesnt resist it does he, a skeleton even existing shouldnt be possible in the first place so i think we should ignore what he is in the first place
Skeletons objectively are not effected by radiation. Like, this is basic bitch shit to know about Radiation poisoning, it works on ORGANIC LIFE. Ainz has no organs to speak of, nor flesh, as such, nothing to be effected by radiation if it's at all realistic.

Skeletons objectively are not effected by radiation. Like, this is basic bitch shit to know about Radiation poisoning, it works on ORGANIC LIFE. Ainz has no organs to speak of, nor flesh, as such, nothing to be effected by radiation if it's at all realistic.
We have seen it work on slime and it was mentioned to work on monsters generally speaking. Now i dont exactly know if it will work on adalman even if he is a monster but its highly likely it will

Which is a first move why?

Adalman isn't dodging it when its on his bony ass even if it has travel time, which I don't believe it does outside of the anime.
1. He notices Ainz is a monster and goes straight for the strongest holy magic. Shuna did it and its highly likely he will do so as well

2. You cant really determine if something has travel time in the novels, if its in the anime then uts highly likely it does. So was shaltear able to react to it or not? Also does it like spawn in front of the person.

We have seen it work on slime and it was mentioned to work on monsters generally speaking. Now i dont exactly know if it will work on adalman even if he is a monster but its highly likely it will

1. He notices Ainz is a monster and goes straight for the strongest holy magic. Shuna did it and its highly likely he will do so as well

2. You cant really determine if something has travel time in the novels, if its in the anime then uts highly likely it does. So was shaltear able to react to it or not? Also does it like spawn in front of the person.
"Monsters of significant aura can create an aura akin to radiation, that is extremely toxic to organic life and can induce death in high concentration" that mentions jack shit about working on slimes or other monsters. In fact, when has a monster been gone'd by this aura? Because if Adalman doesn't usually have the aura on he doesn't have that aura on automatically for any matches. Just basic bitch stuff.

Why should Shuna's in-character moves be his in-character moves? They're two different characters.

You kind of can, it's called using context clues and one's brain lol, though I would note I haven't read Ainz vs Shalltear in a hot minute so I'm not 100% on it

In fact, when has a monster been gone'd by this aura?
Ifrit was once almost erased from existence with sheer aura.

Goblins could barely resist Rimuru's aura and was scared all over until he decided to hide it.

Rimuru also needs to supress his aura all the time even prior to his demon lord evolution as it passively harms his surroundings especially those with no resistance.

Because if Adalman doesn't usually have the aura on he doesn't have that aura on automatically for any matches. Just basic bitch stuff.
Aura in tensura are passive, all monsters will have aura depending on their magicule count.

Ifrit was once almost erased from existence with sheer aura. Goblins could barely resist Rimuru's aura and was scared all over until he decided to hide it. Rimuru also needs to supress his aura all the time even prior to his demon lord evolution as it passively harms his surroundings especially those with no resistance.

Aura in tensura are passive, all monsters will have aura depending on their magicule count.
All right, nice,

If one hides their aura so it doesn't effect folks usually they need to turn it back on for matches, just saying that's what's assumed

"Monsters of significant aura can create an aura akin to radiation, that is extremely toxic to organic life and can induce death in high concentration" that mentions jack shit about working on slimes or other monsters. In fact, when has a monster been gone'd by this aura? Because if Adalman doesn't usually have the aura on he doesn't have that aura on automatically for any matches. Just basic bitch stuff.

Why should Shuna's in-character moves be his in-character moves? They're two different characters.

You kind of can, it's called using context clues and one's brain lol, though I would note I haven't read Ainz vs Shalltear in a hot minute so I'm not 100% on it
Examples already been given but something else you might want to know, everybody has a res to some extent but beings like Rimuru or Veldora could kill A rank monsters just by existing. Its mentioned in the later volumes that Velgrynd, a true dragon who has an aura comparable to if not weaker than Veldoras, could blow away a lower world. World in tensura refers to a universe or atleast something similar. So TDs aura can passively damage on a very massive scale. Adalman scales much higher than an A rank monster and his aura should be pretty damaging if left unchecked. Also i am pretty sure Adalman isnt shown to be in public that much and i dont see him spending some of his energy on holding his aura back if he doesnt need to. However since the later volumes havent been CRT'd yet you can take this information however you want.

Adalman is heavily respects Shuna who used holy magic as a monster and thus became the reason for change. Also, i am pretty sure its one of his only holy magic

I should be clear on my stance, Ainz is super busted and i try to play the devils advocate for him so ignore me trying to find out in some way

Actually, in the short term they are, as short term exposure only primarily affects the organs, only the long term affects the bones.
Basically this lol
Don't we assume a character is in their peak for battle, meaning auras are on?
We assume they're in-character, it's why Ainz doesn't have his various despair auras on automatically, cause he usually doesn't have them on.

Few things to note about Adalman
  • Aura in Slime can straight up cause instant death or even erasure on someone weaker, as seen when Rimuru (6-A) deleted Gaiye (around 6-B) with just his concentrated aura alone. This matchup is a 6-B character against a Low 7-C character.
  • In-character Adalman does have the possibility of showing off a bit, but that's only when he knows Rimuru is watching him (by the Eve of War arc, the majority of his fight scenes take place within the Labyrinth). Otherwise, it is also in-character for Adalman to immediately use Holy Magic or even Disintegration on his opponents, especially if they are undead. Holy Magic is also something that Adalmann likes to use even casually.
  • Although it's possible that Adalman might be downgraded in speed later, currently his speed rating lets him speed blitz Ainz entirely.
Question: What does Reality Slash do exactly? If it's a physical space hax, that won't necessarily kill Adalman.

Few things to note about Adalman
  • Aura in Slime can straight up cause instant death or even erasure on someone weaker, as seen when Rimuru (6-A) deleted Gaiye (around 6-B) with just his concentrated aura alone. This matchup is a 6-B character against a Low 7-C character.
Question: What does Reality Slash do exactly? If it's a physical space hax, that won't necessarily kill Adalman.
Luckily Ainz resists both, thanks for the rest

And Reality slash is dura neg space hax, seeing as I don't see any Spatial resistance or type 2 immortality on Adalman's profile it'll work to kill

Issue here is that he does start with shit that ends Ainz and his revive ring, in an AoE at that, plus the speed advantage makes this a stomp.

Luckily Ainz resists both, thanks for the rest

And Reality slash is dura neg space hax, seeing as I don't see any Spatial resistance or type 2 immortality on Adalman's profile it'll work to kill

Issue here is that he does start with shit that ends Ainz and his revive ring, in an AoE at that, plus the speed advantage makes this a stomp.
Ainz resists EE?

Adalman's Type 7 Immortality would take care of any damage on his body. Reality Slash would have to affect his spiritual body or soul to keep him from just coming back again, or other spells to negate his immortality.
Note that Adalman has been hit with EE via his own Disintegration and he still managed to survive that, although he was depowered as a result.

Your last sentence is a bit unclear, who has a speed advantage and stomps?

Not that it matters at the moment, but Adalman's profile really leaves a lot to be desired, not sure if I can even manage to revise it in the future.

Ainz resists EE?

Adalman's Type 7 Immortality would take care of any damage on his body. Reality Slash would have to affect his spiritual body or soul to keep him from just coming back again, or other spells to negate his immortality.
Note that Adalman has been hit with EE via his own Disintegration and he still managed to survive that, although he was depowered as a result.

Your last sentence is a bit unclear, who has a speed advantage and stomps?

Not that it matters at the moment, but Adalman's profile really leaves a lot to be desired, not sure if I can even manage to revise it in the future.
Yeah, two versions of it in fact, Cure Elim's EE and an EE coming from a world item that Permanently deletes both the person that used it and the target. Both courtesy of that red orb he has.

Type 7 doesn't automatically grant you Type 2 so

Adalam

Why is that?

Yeah, two versions of it in fact, Cure Elim's EE and an EE coming from a world item that Permanently deletes both the person that used it and the target. Both courtesy of that red orb he has.

Type 7 doesn't automatically grant you Type 2 so

Adalam

Why is that?
Not really sure if it works the same as Disintegration, but anyways, I'm not that knowledgeable on Overlord so I was just confirming who would stomp.

Type 7 is supposed to have other types of immortality to come along, I guess the others need to be specified as well.

Which is why Adalman's profile needs to be reworked (like a lot of Slime profiles), since he should have Type 2 immortality there as well. His P&A are lacking (Eve of War arc is supposed to be resistant to all elements/attributes including holy manip for example), the attacks/techniques need to be reorganized and that's just among other things the profile needs.

Slime doesn't really have a very active and productive fanbase in this forum anymore however.

Disintegration is multi layered, works on Type 2 info souls and its super effective on undead. Even PDL Rimuru would have gotten deleted from that

Basically, you need HGR to come back from disintegration or resistances to type 2 information manipulation to survive it.

Disintegration works even on ultimate skill users that has resistances to most abilities and are able to destroy it.

Back