• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Overlord General Discussion Mk.II

Especially because Yuri is a melee fighter, and Lupus is a battle cleric

I don't see why either would have the 6th tier spell Control Weather

It was in volume 9

"We are in the process of preparing it. To begin with, the weather does not look very welcoming. Let us change that."

"What do you… ? Uooooh!"

Jircniv was not the only one gasping in surprise. The magic casters, royal guards, Baziwood, Leinas, even Fluder, all of them could not help but exclaim in wonder.

The dark clouds above them began to move slowly.

Within moments, they had vanished without a trace, as though some invisible giant had scattered them with his hands. The hippogriff riders in the air were thrown into confusion, which was something those on the ground could empathize with.

Ainz was not even present when it happened so it was most likely them, Lupus also apparently has some sort of fire spell so weather manipulation isnt out of question. Fluder is capable of using 6th tier magic and he is weaker than the pleiades, so even if they warent the ones who did it, they should scale.

Magic scales with your stats, as shown by Shalltear's magic resistance not being able to block Tier 2 magic from someone like Ainz, so I'm not sure how far scaling through Tier Magic can go

Apeironaxim said:
Magic scales with your stats, as shown by Shalltear's magic resistance not being able to block Tier 2 magic from someone like Ainz, so I'm not sure how far scaling through Tier Magic can go
That actualy has to do more with how shalltears magic resistance works, unlike Ainz's Shalltear's magic resistance was affected by her opponent's stats and levels and not the tier of the spell they used.

I rewatched the scene and now i am pretty sure it was them. For starters there was no member of nazarick present outside exept Yuri and Lupus and Yuri even said Let us change that making it pretty clear that they were the ones who did it.

Then wouldn't it have to be Lupus then?

As a melee fighter who has zero magical attack, Yuri doesn't seem like the one who would be able to do it

That isnt much of a difference actualy, the Wrath demon Ainz faught in volume 13 was only level 80 and yet he could both damage Ainz and tank some of his attacks.

Its also woth noting that CZ's physical attack stat is higher than Lupu's MP stat.

Is this usable though?

We don't seem to see how far the clouds covered the sky, like you said

I don't even know what this kind of feat yields

I dont really know if its usable or not but maybe we can ask a member of the calc group to take a look at it.

Most feats involving clearing the sky of clouds are usually tier 7 so even if it cant be calced it would still be a good supporting feat.

I'm pretty sure the only reason Ainz's Magic Arrows did damage to Shalltear is because he modified them with Boosted Magic.

FDrybob said:
I'm pretty sure the only reason Ainz's Magic Arrows did damage to Shalltear is because he modified them with Boosted Magic.
"Shalltear's resistance, on the other hand, varied depending on the level and ability of her opponent. If the caster was weak, she'd be immune to even tier-ten spells, but against a powerful caster - like Ainz - tier one was probably the limit."

I'm sure boosting them helped them do much more damage, but they would have done some amount of damage regardless, as this quote explains.

This is what the wiki says in regards to how magic is acquired:

Firstly, in order to learn magic, you must first fulfill the necessary prerequisites. For starters, there are selected classes a player must choose, special events they must go to, they must use certain items, and so on, in order to learn magic. If successful, they are able to use the selected magic type of their choice. And for that purpose, there were players who devoted 1/3 of their total magic to the prerequisites. Some players also tended to give up learning as they could not clear the prerequisites.

So if the prerequisite wasn't dependent on their level, I'm guessing they could learn a Tier Ten spell, but it would be weaker the lower their casting abilities are

We don't really know how they did it. Certainly wasn't Yuri, and I doubt that's the kind of spell Lupus would have. Could have been a magic item, some caster inside the Tomb just waiting to do it, just a feature of the Tomb's defenses, etc. No way to know it.

Also, I don't think using weather manip to scale the characters is a good idea. I doubt the game developers knew how much energy is needed to mess with the weather, then scaled the damage of the other spells accordingly . . .

Another example is this: If a level 100 warrior player only put 5 levels into a magic casting class, and used a Tier Ten spell on Shalltear, I'm guessing her magic resistance would negate it, as even though they are level 100, their magic casting abilites are very low level

Apeironaxim said:
Another example is this: If a level 100 warrior player only put 5 levels into a magic casting class, and used a Tier Ten spell on Shalltear, I'm guessing her magic resistance would negate it, as even though they are level 100, their magic casting abilites are very low level
So if someone put a lot into magic casting, weaker spells would work to a degree.

DragonEmperor23 said:
So if someone put a lot into magic casting, weaker spells would work to a degree.
Yes, that's what the second part of the quote about Shalltear's magic resistance explains

"Shalltear's resistance, on the other hand, varied depending on the level and ability of her opponent. 'If the caster was weak, she'd be immune to even tier-ten spells, 'but against a powerful caster - like Ainz - tier one was probably the limit."

Obviously Ainz would boost the lower tier spells he wants to use, as even though they could affect Shalltear, they would probably do minimal damage

Define low quality. Because, what I get from the anime is very entertaining and has me invested.

It isn't there for very long though, so you can just power through it, but it does ruin the epicness of the moments

Although funnily enough, seeing the anime and then reading the LN gave me more appreciation for Overlord, as the LN has so much detail and I love it

Found this in volume 3

The only weapons that would work on Shalltear were those made of silver and imbued with a certain amount of magical energy, equipment made of general materials but containing an overpowering amount of magical energy, or weapons of a certain attribute she was weak against.

Does this change or add anything to Shalltear's profile?

Back