• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

ElixirBlue

VS Battles
Content Moderator
Alrighty. My first Game Sonic related CRT.

Today, I plan to give some missing P&A to the Chaos Energy Cannon.

Sealing: Binded and trapped Super Sonic, preventing him from doing anything

giphy.gif

Power Nullification: Reverted Super Sonic into Base Sonic

giphy.gif

Vibration Manipulation: Sent out a Shockwave as the Energy was passing through the atmosphere & the clouds and created a massive AOE shockwave when it hit the surface.

giphy.gif

BFR: Sends opponents into the vacuum of Outer Space

giphy.gif

Further detail on Absorption: Absorbed the Negative Energy directly from the Chaos Emeralds after they separated from Sonic to power the Cannon's Energy Projection

giphy.gif

image0.png

Last edited:
Absorption, Sealing and Shockwaves are good.

Is Sonic reverting to his previous form an effect of Power Nullification or rather he lost energy because it was absorbed from him?

I'm not sure if BFR counts, Eggman just opened the door and Sonic just sucked due to the pressure, you could do the same on a plane or a running train, I don't know if it qualifies.

same on a plane or a running train
Those examples are locations for 2 fighters. The Chaos Energy Cannon has an explicit mechanism to open up the glass and the station has to consistently be above the atmosphere with the vacuum of space being part of its function.

Quite different, as a random train or a random plane would need to not be random and have a way to prevent the one controlling it from being sucked out

Is Sonic reverting to his previous form an effect of Power Nullification or rather he lost energy because it was absorbed from him?

The Power Nullification is forcing the separation of the Chaos Emeralds from Sonic before absorbing them.

I pretty much agree with everything but BFR. It seems pretty moot and I feel BFR works differently.
BFR stands for “Battle Field Removal” which is what happens. And Dr. Eggman didn’t do it with punching a wall but pressing a button

BFR stands for “Battle Field Removal” which is what happens. And Dr. Eggman didn’t do it with punching a wall but pressing a button
Yes I know for what term BFR is used and basically that's mainly reason it seems a bit mood. I don't think for instance throwing someone out of the window would count as BFR. But even then the BFR works inside of canon and I guess canon is shooting from outside so should it be more let's say "limited"?

I don't think for instance throwing someone out of the window would count as BFR.
The issue with that, if the person doesn’t survive the fall, it’s not BFR, it’s just dead.

Dr. Eggman is using the vacuum of space on a character that can’t fly and can survive in Space.

Throwing a person out the window, they can come back in house or climb back up the flight of stairs if the fall didn’t kill them.

To point out BFR is usually when you got transferred from one location to another, like chaos control.
If this would be a BFR then maybe divorce it on types? Because let's say Aqua from Konosuba who resists BFR how it would work for her? She wouldn't get thrown out of this window despite of physics and would resist it?

It can be used in combat I agree but still shouldn't it be called differently or be "self-explanatory" (like no link to power but just "can throw people out of window" something like that without a link to power)?

Last edited:
Powernull is fine, then.

I'm still unsure on BFR, the cannon is like a space station and Eggman literally just opened the door as others said. I mean, it technically counts, I guess, but I'm still unsure, let's see what others think.

Well, shoot. This turning a little controversial.

But I still stand by its Battle Field Removal. It’s how the game even starts, with Sonic forcefully transported to a location via a method that prevents him from returning.

Well, shoot. This turning a little controversial.

But I still stand by its Battle Field Removal. It’s how the game even starts, with Sonic forcefully transported to a location via a method that prevents him from returning.
Because he well can't fly. I mean it's still counts and works on characters without spaceflight. But it would work contradictionary. A guy with Spaceflight would counter "Eggman's BFR" but still wouldn't work for "Any other character BFR". By that logic tornados then should have BFR.
It works combatly but should really counted as something else cause I feel it would crush the differences between BFR and it's resistances.

Because he well can't fly. I mean it's still counts and works on characters without spaceflight. But it would work contradictionary. A guy with Spaceflight would counter "Eggman's BFR" but still wouldn't work for "Any other character BFR". By that logic tornados then should have BFR.
It works combatly but should really counted as something else cause I feel it would crush the differences between BFR and it's resistances.
Having resistance to BFR in the first place is questionable. BFR as a term too vague to have resistance for

But the Chaos Energy Cannon qualifies for that term.

Patou's option seems good so I agree.

Agreed previously with everything else as it don't seems to be controversial for other people.

If thats the case,

Since @SamanPatou and @LordGriffin1000 agreed and the only minor controversial thing is the BFR, I'll go ahead and apply the changes.

I will follow Mr. Patou's suggestion and detail the BFR in Notable Attacks/Techniques

Back