• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Part 1 Naruto Revision (3rd conversation)

Omimi, chapter 218. One of the first pages. Base Sasuke easily overpowered Base Naruto. I have all Part 1 volumes. I know everything you are talking about and I can easily disprove you

Accusations of ignorance are unnecessary and only make your own arguments look weaker.

I'm saying Sasuke didn't one-shot Naruto because quite simply he never one-shotted Naruto.

The thing you're describing are not "one shots". Punching or kicking someone really hard so that they fly through the air is not a one-shot.

> Look, would a "At Least Low 7-C+, Possibly 7-C" rating be ok? I feel that's an ok option.

No, just an "At least Low 7-C+" at most would serve.

M3X said:
Omimi, chapter 218. One of the first pages. Base Sasuke easily overpowered Base Naruto. I have all Part 1 volumes. I know everything you are talking about and I can easily disprove you
i read that he couldnt do much

If you think it makes my argument look weaker, I don't care. You can't disprove them anyway.

I'm saying Sasuke didn't one-shot Naruto because quite simply he never one-shotted Naruto.

Can you ******* stop to repeat the same thing wihtout giving an actual explanation? I already told you this several times, this year and last year. What you think or not, doesnt matter if you don't give any proof. Me and Tracer already gave you explanations and stuff to prove Sasuke did one shit KN0. As it stands now, Sasuke remains 7-C for the reason that we have already shown you. You couldn't prove anything, and stating things without proving doesn't make your argument better than ours.

Your second point is also lacking proof, ignoring this for now

Omimi said:
M3X said:
i read that he couldnt do much
Then read again till you see Sasuke overpowering him

> What you think or not, doesnt matter if you don't give any proof.

I have shown you proof. Curse Mark Sasuke hit base Naruto multiple times without one-shotting him. Base Sasuke hit base Naruto multiple times without one-shotting him.

Don't you think it is funny that these instances of Sasuke "one-shotting" Naruto all took place in the same fight? Meaning Naruto wasn't defeated or knocked unconscious by any of these strikes?

Feel free to call in more staff members if you disagree though.

I have shown you proof. Curse Mark Sasuke hit base Naruto multiple times without one-shotting him. Base Sasuke hit base Naruto multiple times without one-shotting him.

This only prove you didn't read any of my comments. I've said above that Sasuke has feats overpowering Base Naruto and KN0 Naruto, in base or with CM1. I will quote what I said:

Sasuke did one shot him with casual kicks and blows. Naruto was unable to do anything to defend or react to Sasuke's attack. Naruto fell to the ground, not unconscious, but being unable to do anything. You don't have to knock out a person to be considered a one shot. KN0 just didn't have enough durability to withstand Sasuke's blows. This falls into one shot.

This answer everything you wrote for this point, as you couldn't debunk this previously, I don't expect you to do now.

Don't you think it is funny that these instances of Sasuke "one-shotting" Naruto all took place in the same fight? Meaning Naruto wasn't defeated or knocked unconscious by any of these strikes?

Literally the same thing as before

Honestly, you are ignoring my comments, not only here but in the Upscaling thread as well. If you continue to do this I will apply the ratings, as you couldn't debunk nothing and and we still stagnate the revisions because of one member who can't argue

I don't really care.

Let's just get on with the other stuff, I make a thread about upscaling Sasuke after the whole revisions thing is over.

> Naruto was unable to do anything to defend or react to Sasuke's attack.

Failing to react to an attack does not mean you are one-shot by it.

Naruto falling to the ground because he was thrown back by Sasuke's attack is not him being one-shot by them. I don't know how else to put this to you.

Does Sasuke overpower Naruto? Sure. Is that the same as him one-shotting Naruto? Absolutely not.

M3X said:
Honestly, you are ignoring my comments, not only here but in the Upscaling thread as well. If you continue to do this I will apply the ratings, as you couldn't debunk nothing and and we still stagnate the revisions because of one member who can't argue
What kind of nonsense threat is this supposed to be? "If you keep ignoring me, I'll just go ahead and make the changes without staff approval."

Sorry but I will answer such a poor argument, you didn't answered me like 4 times already. I am done. Sasuke will scale to 7-C

Without staff approval? No, you are not the only staff. You are just preventing us from applying the revisions, even though there is no argument against it

@M3X; has any other staff member approved the new current proposals?

I mean, Schnee One and Ogbungaball were fine with the idea of upscaling them to the next tier in your Upscaling thread.

LordTracer said:
I mean, Schnee One and Ogbungaball were fine with the idea of upscaling them to the next tier in your Upscaling thread.
A completely separate thread... Neither of them have posted here.

A separate thread that you created based on the Sasuke/Kimimaro issue, and gave said issue as an example.

LordTracer said:
A separate thread that you created based on the Sasuke/Kimimaro issue, and gave said issue as an example.
What's your point exactly? Neither of them have came to this thread or reviewed the arguments for each side.

You literally brought up this exact scenario on that thread, and they were fine with the upscaling. So...

@LordTracer; Okay, so it looks like you don't actually have a point then.

Don't try and use their posts on another thread for the upscaling topic as them giving blanket approval to the list of proposed ratings for Part 1 characters.

@Damage I'm not talking about the entire list, specifically just Sasuke and Kimimaro. I would've thought that was obvious...

CaptainSparkz said:
So... are we upscaling Sasuke and Kimimaro or...
At the least, Kimimaro still should as there's been no proper contention on it.

M3X said:
Then read again till you see Sasuke overpowering him
it not overpowering

base sasuke was simply faster than base naruto which is why naruto fail to react to sasuke in time and i said this " he couldnt do much" becouse

base naruto took all that beating from base sasuke yet he was still fine

and base sasuke was unable to knock out/ seriously hurt base naruto

and sasuke had to use cm1 chidori to hurt him seriously

I leave for an hour and everything goes to shit eh?

I still think that Sasuke is far above KN0 for the reasons that Tracer and M3X stated, and while he didn't "knock him out" I've never heard of that being a requirement for it to be considered a "One-shot". It doesn't change the fact that Sasuke stomped him effortlessly and there was absolutely nothing Naruto could do about it. Sasuke was rather casual about it as well.

With that being said, perhaps "At least Low 7-C+, likely higher " Would be a decent compromise?

Also the arguments for Kimimaro upscaling haven't been touched at all, so I assume we're all in agreement about that one? It's perfectly consistent and there's zero anti-feats for it.

At this point, I'm tempted to agree with that compromise (even though at that point it really should just be 7-C), just so this part (there's still the vast amount of Chünin Exam keys being rated as 'Unknow' that should probably be dealt with) of the revision will be over with.

Edit: Why not just make Sasuke 'At least Low 7-C+, likely 7-C?' Then (hopefully), everyone's happy.

Don't give up like that, what is wrong is wrong. You shouldn't just give up because the revision is taking this long

It's not even a matter of giving up, it's a matter of this going on stupidly long and there's another thing in Part I that still needs to be dealt with.

I still disagree with Damage btw, but it doesn't seem like he'll change his mind so I thought a compromise is the only way we'll move on.

Though on second thought I think LordTracer's suggestion is better. "At least Low 7-C+, likely 7-C " seems better, and makes more sense considering how narrow the gap actually is.

Also I still firmly believe Kimimaro needs to be 7-C for the reasons already stated.

We don't need to change his mind tho, he didn't even give an argument. I've contacted some admins already, we just need their approval

M3X said:
We don't need to change his mind tho, he didn't even give an argument. I've contacted some admins already, we just need their approval
Alright then let's see how that goes.

Reading through both sides of the argument, I don't see the problem with upscaling characters far superior to Forest of Death arc being 7-C. I too am generally iffy with up-scaling characters unless really really close to the next tier. But there's a pretty big power scaling chain after the FoD arc.

That was back when Naruto in base was evenly matched with Kiba. And he did train Jiraiya to learn the 9 tails chakra among other things. Which he than fought and defeated Neji and went toe to toe with Gaara. Both of whom would have stomped Naruto before hand. Perhaps not enough for an upscale yet, but I'm getting there. But between learning the Rasengan, and fighting through various battles prior to the Sasuke Retrival arc. And Gaara being overwhelmingly stronger than he was when he first fought Naruto. I doubt the gap is any less than 1.7x. Usually, if there's a scaling chain of A > B > C > D > E, eventually, it's uncontroversial to make something a 2x multiplier.

Back