• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pelinal vs Yncarne

I really want to say something but I know it will cause a large discussion that I cannot have right now as it's 12am for me so I'm just going to point out Pelinal resist none of Ynnead's powers so Ynnead can do literally anything and win.

Keeweed said:
I really want to say something but I know it will cause a large discussion that I cannot have right now as it's 12am for me so I'm just going to point out Pelinal resist none of Ynnead's powers so Ynnead can do literally anything and win.
Mostly because they have not been added, TES profiles have a lot of problems.

Hey I'm back. I don't think Pelinal has any reasons to have resistances to anything. One of his most famous battles, ignoring Umaril, was fighting a guy that used fire and nothing else and Umaril only uses lightning and nothing else.

Also Pelinal doesn't even use his madness in character. He didn't use it against Umaril, he didn't use it against the people that killed him, he only used it when someone important to him died. He didn't even use his ability to negate immortality on Umaril despite that being Umaril's only useful power. Pelinal is a massive jobber and Ynnead has a massive ap advantage and since Pelinal doesn't have those resistances right now, and I doubt he'll ever will get those resistances. Ynnead points, thinks, or speaks and Pelinal is obliterated.

I heard that Yncarne is comparable to Emprah, who is 1st 4-A. And Pelinal is 2nd 4-A. Why isn't Yncarne 2nd or 1st 4-A along with Emprah?

Anyway from what I read Pelinal doesn't lead with his 1-A stuff. in that case Yncarne just flicks his finger and kills him

No offense to Keeweed but he isn't very knowledgeable on TES.

Ever since he first when into his first Madness Alessia had to go to everyone of his exploits because she was the only one that could stop his Madness. And he uses it, pretty much every time, in the text(s) "What Would Pelinal Do?".

He only started using it when someone important to him died. He then completely stopped using it around the time he fought the person he should have used it on the most (Umaril) and didn't even try to use it when he was being killed. And due to SBA we use the character at their latest which would be the Pelinal that doesn't even attempt Madness. Also Ynnead kills him via doing literally anything due to having the ap advantage and Pelinal resisting zero of their abilities.

Remember when I said "I really want to say something but I know it will cause a large discussion that I cannot have right now"

Pelinal not using madness is what I was referring to because he had multiple reasons to use it against the Aurorans; and he still didn't use it sometimes. Meanwhile Ynnead is a random stranger, what reason does he have to use Madness when he didn't even use if against Umaril.

He used it all the time. He only didn't use it vs Umaril, probably because of PIS or some other reason.

If it was PIS he would have used it against the people that killed him. He just straight stopped using it which would more likely be CIS which does effect versus matches. Plus Pelinal still had reasons to use it when he was using it the most. Here he is fighting a random stranger, what reason does he have to use his madness.

Keeweed said:
what reason does he have to use his madness.
Because he always uses it?

And that's not even true actually. He did use his Madness in the Umaril fight, but we don't know why he let himself be cut exactly. Most likely because of the Hero of Kvatch maybe.

"And there was a weird thing: the Dragon Knight, the Ninth of Nine, had somehow reformed himself after being led into Heaven where his eyes and ears and mouth and nose were burnt unto a gravytrain of wrong-thinking and bent nails; and even after being cut into ninths he did re-knit; and even after being eaten and issued out from Another Night of Madgas...

"...he still yet came back, talking his godlogic, which Pelinal can never suffer except from the Paravania. And eager-foot did he make his way to the table of the Stranger with his cat-scratch asking...."

WWPD?

"He said, "Here, okay, I am to suffer your talktalktalk until I myself am cut into ninths though your texts will say eighths but that's probably because I'm gonna go nuts and eat a section of timespace away. Again. But, look at my hand, the one made of killing-light, and look at my chest, which is not there, and know that your thinking is sitting on the Corner of No and Duh.'

"After which, having admitted these things, Pelinal then laughed in the Dragon Knight's fully-answered-and-beaming face, saying: 'I LIED. Now do you get it? YOU CANNOT TRAP ME IN ANY NET SPUN FROM THE ANUPADHOME[censored][censored][censored]...'

"And all of Cyrod then did close its eyes, even those of the Paravant, because the moths were coming and all was going flutter-dark. They were, like Pelinal, uncountable in the minds of Men; and he, Pelinal, like the Knight, will simply not listen to any of this."
~ What Would Pelinal Do?​

Huh...didnt remember that he started using it as his first move, well is been a while since i read the story of pelinal, if that is the case and he goes into madness as his first move i vote for him.

Looks like Yncarne wins in unequal speed and Pelinal wins in equal speed. and both of them are kinda stomp.

Seems like a mismatch

Because he always uses it?

He always used it against Aurorans that killed someone important to him and were his archenemies. When did he randomly do it to a random stranger. The text also say he is gonna go nuts, not that he is already in his madness; since he even mentioned that he has his madness that just makes even more CIS.

Pelinal being able to even use his madness in the first place also ignores how Ynnead can just think or say die and Pelinal is obliterated in multiple different ways.

Also I'm going to be gone for either thirty minutes or 3 hours so sorry for not being able to respond for a while.

He then completely stopped using it around the time he fought the person he should have used it on the most (Umaril) and didn't even try to use it when he was being killed

He didn't use his Madness against Umaril because if he did that, he'd erase the White-Gold Tower, alongside the Imperial City and the entire army of the slave rebellion, which was obviously something he didn't want to happen.

Something about that reason feels off to me, but I'm fine with it because that is most likely his canon reason. However does Pelinal have any reason to use Madness against a random stranger that isn't Auroran or Elf? And can he use it before Ynnead does literally anything other than stand still, because they obliterate Pelinal with any of their attacks.

Back