• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Percy Jackson vs Avatar Aang

Pery is faster, stronger and more durable, but Aang has more abilities and stronger attacks. Aang probably wins this 6/10. Lets assume that Aangs energybending is useless on Percy. He is still out of Percys range, when he flies and can attacks him with all the elements. Percy can only defend against water attacks and has some immunity against high temperatures, but with time Aangs fire attacks will damage him. Aang can basically throw firestorms, hurricans, tsunamis and house like rocks on him, while Percy has only his personal hurrican, earthquakes and water attacks. All are useless against Aang, who is protected by a sphere of all elemenst, can bend the water Percy throws at him and is able to avoid the earthquakes. Furterhmore the use of this abilities drains Percys stamina, while Aang can attack him as long as he wishes. The only problem for Aang is Percys high durability, through the CoA. But I think with time, he can throw him against some rocks or burn him and probably kill him with time.

Isn't Aang City level AP via redirection only?

And his High 7-C stats are with enough material.

Percy is faster and he can mostly withstand fire and water, so I think that Percy would win (Also, his 7-C stats is physically only, so his 7-B ap would give him the edge)

Mmm i think that Aang would take this with difficulty, mostly the avoidance combat style of the Airbender will be to his advantage, not to mention other things like Metal Bending.

Question: Does Aang gain the skills of the previous Avatars while in the Avatar State or just the combined "knowledge and power" ?

Percy is considerably faster, rendering Aang's dodging fighting style useless. Even if we ignored speed, though, Percy's hydrokinesis has massive area of effect, larger than anything Aang has dodged. With Aang's much lower durability, it's perfectly possible for Percy to destroy the Air shield and take Aang down within a few seconds.

Also, Aang has a considerable number of options lost to Percy's heat and water resistance. It took a volcanic eruption for Percy to be hurt by heat based attacks, and that was before the Curse of Achilles came into play. Water, meanwhile, will only strengthen Percy.

As such, Percy probably has this 8/10.

Percy already has faster fighting speed.With universe equalization and riptide working on Aang, I see this fight as Aang unknowingly using salt water against Percy or Percy retreating back to the Sea for the home advantage, heavily increasing Percys already enhanced stats. This would further increase their gap in close combat. Aang wouln't start with the Avatar State until later in the fight. Hardfought Percys win 7/10

@Raa Just a little thing, Percy's combat speed it High Hypersonic+, which is way higher than Subsonic/FTE.

I was referring to how he said Percy only has Subsonic combat speed, but i thought Avatar characters were changed to Hypersonic from that explosion calc?

WeeklyBattles said:
I was referring to how he said Percy only has Subsonic combat speed, but i thought Avatar characters were changed to Hypersonic from that explosion calc?
Most likely ruled an outlier due to no one in the verse (well at least other then the one who did the feat) going remotely close to Hypersonic and being tagged by far slower people at far slower speeds.

Percy had quite a lot of water when he did that Town level feat. Aang can counter it with his waterbending and just fly to stay out of range.

I don't really agree with Percy's speed, but even then, the calced feat should only count for reactions and combat speed. His travel speed isn't that great, so closing the gap would be hard. Aang can destroy the ground below him, making fall into a crater or something.

Curse of Achilles would actually be worse for him. Any hit on the base of his spine is basically an insta kill. Aang's spammable AoE would hit there easily.

Overall, I say Aang wins mid diff.

Outlier?

It is already on their profiles, and pretty sure casual Subsonic+ vs serious Supersonic+ is not outlierish

In Demi-Gods and Magicians, a irritated Carter Punched Percy into the horizon (Or as far as the eye can see) with the fist of Horus at Escape velocity Speeds and Percy was unfazed by it and Came nearly blitzed Carter from that far. Same carter that can stand up to some Egyptian Gods.

Will Aang's Energybending have effect on Percy? If so Percy gets destroyed by his abilities not working for him

Nico-v11 said:
Will Aang's Energybending have effect on Percy? If so Percy gets destroyed by his abilities not working for him
I don't think so, Percy's powers are more inherent. He just has that ability and it's not a by product of energy or anything like that such as how Wan and original benders got their powers. Not to mention for energy bending to work, Aang has to immoblize Percy and get within touching distance which is bad for Aang.

Energy Bending would count as Verse Equalization. Think of it as a hex or curse that removes Percy's powers in his verse.

I think Aang takes this via sheer avoidance tactics.

Is this a thread made before percy was upgraded to 6-C? If so we should close this.

I thought PJU speed was a little high too but after rereading apparently the site is just using their highest portrayal - can consistently parry and block lightning then continue combat with no noticeable difference in speed (but for some reason monsters that can fight against him can get hit by bullets).

Honestly I think PJ would take this one home. I'm gonna go down all the elements and compare them to Percy and Aang, and who has the advantage.

First, water is definitely on Percy's side. Even though Aang (in the avatar state) is super powerful with water, he's dealing with the son of the GOD of water. Percy can also manipulate blood, poison, and pretty much anything liquid, making him an all around liquid bender.

Second, is earth. Aang is at an advantage here, becuase Percy can't really control earth. Though Percy has held up the sky, making him ultimately super strong and durable. But Aang would totally win in earthbending.

Third, is fire. Percy DEFINITELY has this one. Even though Percy can't control fire, he is immune to it. In book 3 of Percy Jackson and the Olympians, Percy is sprayed with molten hot lava, but he just brushes it off. So imagine Aang firebending on him.

Last element, is air. I know what you're thinking, Aang for sure has this one. Yes, but no (but mostly yes). Percy can call on his friend Jason, who is the son of Zeus, God of the winds, weather, clouds, lightning, and a lot of other stuff. Percy has one other friend that is a child of Zeus, Thalia. I honestly don't know who would win with the 2 children of Zeus and Aang, but I'm pretty sure Aang will come on top.

Now we'll talk about strength from allies. Without a doubt, Percy would DESTROY Aang and his army (and friends). Percy can call upon two elite trained armies filled with powerful demigods, the Greeks and the Romans. Aang just has an army, but not a good enough one to stop these killing machines.

And, in the end (and all you avatar fans know I'm right), Aang would be too chicken to kill Percy, giving the chance for Percy to kill him.

So in the end, Percy Jackson wins.

@OOF

You do know this is a really old match right?, Aang is 7-B, Percy is 6-C so it's long since been a stomp.

Back