• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LordTracer

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Alright, I'm going to be trying to upgrade some of the Phoenix avatars, as a few of them are pretty heavily downplayed.

General Stuff
- Giruad wounded Eternity.

- With the Anti-Phoenix, Necrom was able to merge infinite Earths into a single reality. Necrom could absorb the energy matrix. The energy matrix was capable of creating Otherworld, which could block the Chaos Wave.

- Impossible Man, who in A+X #15 created a singularity that could have destroyed all universes in Marvel, was stated by Galactus to almost be comparable to a Phoenix avatar.

- The Shi'ar consider The Phoenix to be the end of all that is.

- The Watchers believe Phoenix Vulcan can destroy them.

- The Phoenix is "beyond reality" and "of creation."

- Phoenix is the Big Bang, and the Big Bang made the multiverse.

- Phoenix Vulcan can destroy all of reality.

- The Stone Age Phoenix is implied to be relative to Odin, and capable of building creation again with him.

Loga
- Phoenix Logan can damage and overpower Old King Thor.

- Phoenix Logan can overpower and reverse the effects of the Infinity Gems.

Hope Summers
- With the help of Scarlet Witch, Hope was able to erase The Phoenix Force. They were explicitly stated to have erased it from existence.

Cyclops
- Cyclops describes himself as endless and boundless.

- With only 1/2 of the Phoenix Force, Cyclops no-selled Scarlet Witch's full Chaos Magic attack.

- Cyclops began to ascend into the White Hot Room, which is the Nexus of All Realities. The White Hot Room is the heart of the Phoenix.

- Cyclops was able to simultaneously fight Hope Summers with the powers of Scarlet Witch at their full potential, and Scarlet Witch herself.

- Cyclops only lost against Scarlet Witch and Hope Summers, who had Wanda's powers to their full potential, when Jean convinced him to give up The Phoenix.

Jean Grey
- Jean claimed all of creation was a part of her.

- She claims she has the power of all creation.

- Doctor Strange describes Dark Phoenix's power as great and Reed Richards compares her to Galactus. Given the last two scans, he likely refers to a well fed Galactus.

- Doctor Doom chose to flee instead of gaining the notice of Dark Phoenix. Considering that he has willingly faced down Nightmare and Galactus, this indicates DP is stronger than them both.

- Jean is feared by the cosmic abstracts, this scan specifically showing that she's on the same tier as The Stranger, and even Dormammu or the Infinity Gauntlet.

- Galactus reveres Green Phoenix's power and is wounded by her. Given her previous showings, this was likely meant to be well fed Galactus.

- Uatu states Jean has power "second only to the creator." What this really means, I'm not sure. But it seemed interesting.

- The Phoenix will bring the end of all there is and then Oblivion will embrace creation.

- Being able to touch and sense everything in creation is described as possibly being what Jean Grey felt like as the Phoenix.

- Jean is able to control Eternity, supported by The Phoenix being the embodiment of evolution and life force that evolves into Eternity.

- Jean as Dark Phoenix is a greater threat than the M'krann Crystal, which was a threat to all existence.

- Jean is stronger than the Death Seed, which could consume the multiverse.

- Jean and The Phoenix can transcend "this place," which based on the context seems to mean the aforementioned White Hot Room.

- Jean Grey is the most powerful host of The Phoenix. This means every single feat above, she scales to.

Proposals
- Cyclops be given two more keys: 1/2 of the Phoenix Force and Dark Phoenix, both of which will be 2-A. His current Phoenix Force key should be renamed to 1/5 of the Phoenix Force. Logically his 1/5 of the Phoenix Force key should be changed to 'At least 4-B, likely 2-A' due to him having a finite percentage of the Phoenix Force, similar to this character right here.

- The rest of the Phoenix Five should all also be changed to 'At least 4-B, likely 2-A' for the same reasons as Cyclops. Magik would also have another reason for the 2-A statistic, as Dormammu considered her a threat but it is unknown how strong Dormammu was in that story and Dormammu is very clearly superior to her. Emma Frost should also receive a 1/2 of the Phoenix Force key, and she would be 2-A due to being Cyclops' equal.

- Hope Summers is given a new key: White Phoenix, with which she would be 2―A. She should likely also be given a key for when she had the powers of Scarlet Witch, which would also be 2-A.

- Jean Grey's Phoenix key should be upped to 2-A, due to scaling above every previous normal Phoenix avatar. Her Phoenix key should be split up into Green Phoenix and Dark Phoenix, as she is canonically stronger as Dark Phoenix. Her White Phoenix of the Crown key should be upgraded to High 1-B, due to having the full power of the Phoenix Force. If not High 1-B, then 'At least 2-A'. This would also make the Universal Phoenix Force 'At least 2-A.'

Bump. While I agree to this, wouldn't this allow Nate Grey & Onslaught to be just 2-A ? Both have consistent feats of putting down Phoenix Avatar Level entities, Onslaught broke Cyttorak's Gem and Nate has been consistently compared to Dark Phoenix Jean more times than I care to recount.

Also I wanted to highlight some Malloy statements in-case any of them imply he scales to the Phoenix Avatars (either the Tier 2 ones or Tier 1 ones )... As his story actually takes place after Phoenix Five and after Secret Wars:

Agreed, except with the pre retcon beyonder stuff for Rachael, seeing how Beyonder was more consistently shown to be millions to billions of times above every single abstract combined

@Seed Sure, Nate could scale, but how about we wait until the Phoenix avatars being this strong gets approved before trying to scale them to anyone?

I removed the Pre-Retcon Beyonder stuff since it would be an outlier for Phoenix.

We are not going to upgrade any Phoenix avatar to High 1-B. He did not cause any damage to Doctor Doom, and it would be an enormous outlier anyway. We also need considerable input from the following members before we apply any other drastic changes, especially PrinceOfTheMorning.

You are trying to create a few scaling chains, such as the Impossible Man, that Marvel is nowhere near consistent and coherent enough to adhere to in any case.

Sera EX, Kepekley23, Matthew Schroeder, KLOL506, Zensum, C2 of Omego, Crimson Azoth, Eficiente, Qawsedf234, PrinceOfTheMorning, Ultima Reality, SuperAPM

I have checked through some of the scans, and they do not always show what is claimed when taken in a greater context.

I do not have enough free time to go through them all, and need some help in this regard though.

Okay, I'll remove the High 1-B White Phoenix Cyclops. But White Phoenix is no mere avatar in Jean's case, she has the full power of the Phoenix Force, which is High 1-B.

Boi that's a lot of Marvel revisions.

Well Weekly did just say he's working on revisions for them so I'm with him.

KLOL506 said:
Boi that's a lot of Marvel revisions.

Well Weekly did just say he's working on revisions for them so I'm with him.
Lol, I got another big one and two single character ones planned after this, but I'm gonna wait until Hykuu does his Odin revision before I do those.

Bump. I wanted to nip this in the bud while I have peoples attention..S..

Should I make a thread to discuss how Marvel is going to be affected by the tiering revisions ? Because a lot of people have said it'll affect both the 2-As and High 1-Bs massively.

It was also due to the fact Marvel's being using Cantor's Infintie Sets to describe the # of Realities & Higher-Dimensions rather consistently , from Kubik's statement about the Multiverse, to Doctor Strange, to every comic referencing "transfinite" as it originally came from their example of Cantor.

The Kubik story has been completely ignored and contradicted since then, and the Doctor Strange has at least been ignored. I do not remember other instances.

In any case, this is the wrong place to try to push drastic unrelated upgrades, and you have repeatedly promised to stop wasting our time with your neverending attempts to do so.

It was a fricking question Ant. Drastic or not it's enough of a concern to at least be discussed minimally on a separate thread since I wasn't the first one to mention that... that honor belongs to Schroeder.

Okay. Sorry about misunderstanding and overreacting.

Why Low 2-C and not 2-A, as the majority of the feats here show? And again, WPOTC Jean is no mere avatar.

Wait, didnt Hope and Wanda erase the Phoenix Force? Quentin Quire and a "previously recap" in one of the Wolverine and The X-Men comics stated it got erased. I don't think banish is the right word.

WeeklyBattles said:
Dunno about the others but i know logan is consistently 2-A
You should agree with Jean being 2-A as well then, since she's the strongest Phoenix host (and has more 2-A things than any other Phoenix).

NekoMorgana647 said:
Wait, didnt Hope and Wanda erase the Phoenix Force? Quentin Quire and a "previously recap" in one of the Wolverine and The X-Men comics stated it got erased. I don't think banish is the right word.
I'll change the wording then. That would actually make it more impressive of a 2-A feat.

I'll change the wording then. That would actually make it more impressive of a 2-A feat.

TBH the Phoenix Force should have mid godly Regenerationn instead of low godly Regenerationn on its profile since it regenerated from that.

Just a note that when Necrom was powered up by the Phoenix Force and fought Rachel in order to control it, Rachel explicitly stated that she couldn't use it on even a 4-C scale, whereas Necrom could, so the only actual blatant beyond universal feat referenced above, merging a lot of realities via the superhero group Excalibur's lighthouse nexus, was apparently done via a chain reaction, not raw power, similarly to when the ultimate version of Reed Richards ("The Maker") did the same thing on a much greater scale by using the High Evolutionary's technology.

Anyway, thank you for commenting Matthew, but more help would be very appreciated.

Okay, I removed the Rachel stuff. Hope, Scott and Jean should still be 2-A though.

Kepekley23 will try to help us out with evaluating this later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back