• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pikachu vs. Greymon (Battle of the Monster Mascots)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starter_Pack

The Forgotten, Yet Destined
VS Battles
Administrator
Throughout the years, many a monster-hunting franchise has come and gone, usually garnering decent success and sometimes a cult following. However, within this genre lie two series that have withstood the test of time, these being Pokémon and Digimon. And while a debate between these two typically leaves people almost as salty as the aftermath of a Goku vs. Superman debate, I believe it's time to let the mascots of both of these franchises duke it out to prove who truly is the very best like no one ever was! But will victory come to the fire-breathing dinosaur, or the electric mouse? Today, we find out!

In the blue corner, we have Pikachu from the Pokémon anime, and in the red corner, we have Greymo from the Digimon anime.

Pikachu-2
Greymon3
-This is a battle to the death or incapacitation. No holds barred.
-Neither character are aware of each other beforehand, and there is no prep time.

-Neither character is allowed outside help, meaning Ash will have no influence over his partner's actions.

-The battle takes place on Route 1 in Kanto, giving Pikachu the home-court advantage.

-Just wanna make this clear, but Greymon cannot Digivolve further down his evolution chain during this match.

-And, for fairness' sake, speed is equalized.

With all this being said, let the debate begin!

Pikachu: 0

Greymon: 0

Inconclusive: 4 (Dragonmasterxyz, Laughing Manson, MaverickIsTheHype, Calaca Vs)

I mean according to the profile, Agumon himself is High 6-C while Botamon is the High 8-C one...

Either way Pikachu kinda destroys even Greymon. Greymon is scaled directly to File Island Digimon which is a good deal below where the Pokemans are at. If this was Folder Continent then it would be different. Not to mention, Pikachu is much smaller and mobile and can paralyze Greymon while all Greymon can do is spit hot fire. The best bet is for this to be composite Greymon X honestly.

Unequalizing speed makes it kinda unfair for Pikachu as then Greymon has a big reaction/combat speed advantage. Rel vs Sub Rel.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Pikachu stomps.
Agumon is only High 8-C to Pikachu's High 6-C.
That moment when you realize you chose the wrong key...

I'mma change it real fast to Greymon, since Agumon actually sucks here.

So, what? It's a stomp either way depending on the equalization of speed?

Well, I suppose so, but it kinda ruins the whole theme here.

(sigh) Fine, I'll make the switch.

This stuff is kinda the thing with Pokemon vs Digimon. You have to consider the Digimon mechanics regarding where the Digimon come from (File Island or Folder Continent) before you make the match.

Either way, with Greymon X, this is an even match.

I vote inconclusive here.

Pikachu is smaller yes, but Greymon X still has AoE here. Also he he now has Acceleration Boost to double the power of his next attack as well as Attack Charge. Overwrite can help here. However, if Pikachu manages to get a paralysis off, the Greymon is screwed. However, it also takes one good hit for Greymon to screw over Pikachu. Here it depends on who is lucky enough to get the deciding blow in first.

Inconclusive.

Inconclusive vote counted. (Now maybe we can actually progress on this...)

Well, here I go. Sorry for the grammar.

Pikachu advantages:

- Mobility and chances to dodge due to his size.

- Paralysis via his electricity. This would screw Greymon no effort.

- Has fought several enemies larger than him.

- Greymon hasn't got any Ground type moves that can severely hurt him.

- Has fought flying enemies too.

- Has a larger experience (twenty years lol) even with stronger enemies.

- Iron Tail make target's physical defense go down.

Greymon advantages:

- Good AoE attacks.

- Reactive Evolution via Overwrite allow Greymon get a power boost during the fight.

- Acceleration Boost would be troublesome for Pikachu.

- In the profile says flight. Is this correct?

Pikachu disadvantages:

- Some Pikachu's attacks have a damage recoil.

- Speed amps wouldn't be useful since speed is equalized.

Greymon disadvantages:

- Taking so much damage can revert him to Agumon or Koromon. Are we counting that?

Both are pretty even. It depends on who lands first. If Greymon attacks Pikachu with a physical blow it risks to get paralyzed, and can't dodge the electricity forever. He'll ge paralyzed in any moment, unless he screw Pikachu before that, which is hard due to Pikachu's durability and better experience.

Only overwriting and accelerating Greymon can defeat Pikachu, but this wouldn't be too easy for him, since Pikachu won't stay in place waiting for that. He will harass Greymon with Thunderbolt or Iron Tail.

I think Pikachu wins mid/high diff.

My vote is for Pikachu.

"Mobility and chances to dodge due to his size."

AoE takes care of that.

"Has fought several enemies larger than him."

Greymon can easily fight those smaller than them.

"Has a larger experience (twenty years lol) even with stronger enemies."

This can't be an argument as this is not even Tai's Agumon, who I should add would have experience in fighting just as if not more versatile opponents. Not only that. This hasn't been twenty years in verse for Pikachu. It has only been a year or so. Not to mention the age of this Greymon is unknown.

"Iron Tail make target's physical defense go down."

That's only a small chance. Not 100%.

"Taking so much damage can revert him to Agumon or Koromon. Are we counting that?"

This will not happen as this is not Tai's Greymon. This is composite Greymon X who btw has equal AP to Pikachu.

"Only overwriting and accelerating Greymon can defeat Pikachu, but this wouldn't be too easy for him, since Pikachu won't stay in place waiting for that. He will harass Greymon with Thunderbolt or Iron Tail."

Overwrite happens against Greymon's will and is automatic. Not only that, the power boost is massive. Acceleration Boost doubles the power of his attack and Greymon can easily go for AoE attacks. He's no idiot. Matter of fact Greymon is highly intelligent. I should also note that it is very possible for Digimon to break through paralysis in their own verse in which works the same as it does in Pokemon. And Greymon is going to keep barraging Pikachu with attacks.

Pikachu might POSSIBLY have the edge as they're fighting on Route 1 in Kanto, but I think I'm still inconclusive.

Okay, I'm counting Maverick's vote for Inconclusive, but I'm holding off Calaca's vote until he can reply to Dragon's arguments against his points.

Starter Pack said:
Okay, I'm counting Maverick's vote for Inconclusive, but I'm holding off Calaca's vote until he can reply to Dragon's arguments against his points.
He switched to inconclusive above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back