• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Plausible characteristics of the Darkness Flame (Jaou Ensatsu-Ken)

Been a while since I post questions about anything regarding the site or everything in it

But now to the question of the day:

In regards to Hiei's Darkness Flame (Jaou Ensatsu-Ken), we know it's a demonically spiritual power from hell (or the Demon World depending on the translation) so it's obviously not normal fire (I fail to understand why this site removed Hellfire Manipulation, but I digress)

So in the 2018 OVA, we see Hiei used his Dragon of the Darkness Flame on the Spirit World terrorist while in Astral Form. And the dragon was ramming right through them without having any need to kill(?) them

So while I'll argue that this would be more of a canon feat for the anime (unless plausible in the manga canon) is it possible that the Darkness Flame has "Non-Physical Interaction" and "Soul Destruction"? Since in the 2018 OVA the dragon was ramming through the said terrorist who are spirit beings themselves

Thought?

I'm actually a bit surprised that Hiei doesn't have Non-Physical Interaction by default with his Youki. Hmm... At least as far as the page goes, destroying is Spirits and ghosts is still Non-Physical interaction, just a very good one. Soul Destruction implies the user can actively target and destroy souls even in living beings, not just disembodied ones.

I'm actually a bit surprised that Hiei doesn't have Non-Physical Interaction by default with his Youki. Hmm... At least as far as the page goes, destroying is Spirits and ghosts is still Non-Physical interaction, just a very good one. Soul Destruction implies the user can actively target and destroy souls even in living beings, not just disembodied ones.
I'm surprised that myself, but I've been seeing that YYH is planning on getting some revisions soon, so hopefully that part will be added no less

As for the last part, I assume it doesn't have the ability to "harm souls" in that matter?

Yeah, there was a topic that had a lot of stuff being revised and added for the verse several months ago. But lost track of it.

I think that you can bring up that the Non-Physical Interaction is good enough to harm souls and spirits, and that clarifies that it's not outright Soul Manipulation otherwise it may seem that Hiei can target and burn the souls on living beings (which actually would be pretty dark but kind of neat).

Yeah, there was a topic that had a lot of stuff being revised and added for the verse several months ago. But lost track of it.

I think that you can bring up that the Non-Physical Interaction is good enough to harm souls and spirits, and that clarifies that it's not outright Soul Manipulation otherwise it may seem that Hiei can target and burn the souls on living beings (which actually would be pretty dark but kind of neat).
Hmm, I guess maybe I overly assumed that maybe the black dragon (or the black flames in general) could possibly harm souls because (Unless I am mistaken) souls (ghosts in this case) can be killed like how Yusuke's ghost form could've been eating by his Spirit Beast if his soul wasn't pure or good

So I guess I made an assumption there

Back