• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokémon: Abomasnow's Storm downgrade

At this rate, ditching kinetic energy and calculating the energy required to condense these clouds sounds far better, and not just because the timeframe is an ultra high end.

• 8,899,305,061,000*2500000 = 5.5 gigatons of TNT.
2: As you said yourself, Lumiose is Paris sized so "thinking too much about it is unnecessary". So, how about using the exact same artwork you have used to scale while doing what you said should be done?

Kalos24

• Lumiose = 94px = 10km (Paris east to west)
  • Distance between the Frost Cavern = 144px = 15.3191489362 kilometers.
Which would put Dendemille Town itself at about 4.5 kilometers in size.

And thus the feat which used the others as supportive feats becomes a supportive feats, eh?

I guess any new High 6-C feat without good supportive feats should be judged an outlier now?

Well, there are four or so 6-C feats for well trained and healthy adult Pokémons. And it took twenty or so of them to perform a High 6-C feat (which was split between them to get 6-C) in the manga.

But no, I wouldn't say so.

I'm frankly too tired to continue this conversation. I'm just going to keep my arguments and if people agree with them, great. If they don't, you're editing the profiles, Kep.

Regardless, I'm unfollowing unless I find something really needs to be said.

Also, the view from space is surprisingly the most consistent view we have of Kalos and the planet in the games. It shows up in that scen, in AZ's flashback, and in Generations, which is the closest interpretation to the games.

> Also, the view from space is surprisingly the most consistent view we have of Kalos and the planet in the games

No, it's not. This entire debate is subjective, but if there's one thing that is objective in this thread is that Kalos being the size of Australia, Pokémon having mountains that reach halfway into outer space, Lumiose City three South Dakotas is absurd and completely out of line with what is shown in all other portrayals.

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/1822034#51

Toriko and One Piece and Kirby and Phineas & Ferb all have giant planets, and there's a planet in Sailor Moon the size of a solar system. There are a few series that even have giant universes. IFF Pokemon has a planet that big (and I'm not saying it does), we'll have to deal with it.

@Ever. The P&F one is slightly out of context, as Candace is turned the size of a skyscraper, but the machine that does it malfunctions, turning everything in the universe large enough that Candace appears normal.

So technically, everyone in P&F is at least Large Building level ovo.

The real cal howard said:
Toriko and One Piece and Kirby and Phineas & Ferb all have giant planets, and there's a planet in Sailor Moon the size of a solar system. There are a few series that even have giant universes. IFF Pokemon has a planet that big (and I'm not saying it does), we'll have to deal with it.
Isn't there a planet in Dragon Ball which is the size of a galaxy, or is this Seth The Programmer redpilling me?

Though yeah, that's a good point, but then how do we calc the landscape's size?

Pokémon's planet is Earth sized. The shot that you use to justify Kalos's size proves the exact opposite via Occam's Razor; it is an instance of the Pokéworld being the size of Mars, not it being bigger than normal.

Lumiose City being the size of Bulgaria is ridiculous and self contradictory via the implications alone. In this thread I have provided four shots that put its radius far below 30km.

Your current approach makes Lumiose City bigger than what Seireitei is currently at.

Think about that.

I have a picture of Lumiose City from tcg (tcg is usually inspired directly from the games), maybe it can be helpful to discover the size.

I'm just saying that the two most canon images of Kalos, the two from cutscenes, along with the showing from Generations, is the space shot. I don't really care if this gets debunked or not, but I should still state it, as it's even brought up in the original OBD calc.

I'm actually excited about the idea of fiction having planets smaller than the Earth for once, but I guess this would require much more solid evidence than a single shot, no?

The shot you have posted makes the Earth smaller, not bigger. You should likely ignore it before you accidentally downgrade the verse while trying to upgrade it.

> I'm actually excited about the idea of fiction having planets smaller than the Earth for once, but I guess this would require much more solid evidence than a single shot, no?

It's exactly what I'm arguing.

This single shot that puts a small, homely business metropolis at Bulgaria+ sizes is utterly unusable. The implications it brings actually lead to a smaller Earth via Occam's Razor.

It can't be used for both purposes.

The real cal howard said:
Toriko and One Piece and Kirby and Phineas & Ferb all have giant planets
Toriko has various statements regarding the size of the planet. Its consistent with the setting.

Just saying.

And if pokemom has a planet smaller than Earth, its fine. Just calculate its size.

Not just size. Escape and orbital velocities and GBE are gonna be necessary for multiple calculations. Should we consider average density similar to Earth, or surface gravity similar to Earth? I'm betting surface gravity, should alter less calcs and has a smaller chance of being contradicted by the anime.

If you actually go through with that, I'm actually quitting Pokémon for this site, as an argument from incredulity getting that far would be too much for me. Call me lustia prime 2 or being ridiculous, idgaf, but if this counts as Occam's Razor, yet the size of countries being calculated as large country sized happened before (Fairy Tail's Fiore anyone) would be ridiculous.

Wait a minute.

• Pokémon's planet being bigger than Earth: "i'm not saying yes but yes I agree"
  • Pokémon's planet being smaller: "I'm quitting, I warn ya!"
100%

Sorry for being blunt, but you're being ridiculous.

"Incredulity"

There is loads upon loads of shots from all canons being presented showing why Pokémon having mountains that stretch halfway into Outer Space is ridiculous. Your own calculations put the biggest mountains on Johto at the low kilometric mark.

There have been loads upon loads of pics demonstrating why Lumiose being even 50km is utterly inconsistent. You said it yourself.

Don't act like the dinner plates were empty right after dessert, dude.

@Cal

Kalos's size varies from the size of the average US state to that of a country. It is officially the northern half of France, putting it at 480km.

It is respectably big. But it is nowhere near a continent or a large country in all its wideshots.

@Azzy

This shot. Which leads to Kalos being 2600km from north to south, putting it at Australia sizes and leading to Pokémon having Seireitei cities, mountains that stretch into the stratosphere and go halfway into space, and so on.

I really don't want to be rude to anyone, but there is legitimately a line here.

Back