• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon Discussion Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.
IIRC Arena Trap has more counters than Shadow Tag, and it doesn't have so much OP mons with it than Shadow Tag.

As a matter of fact, IIRC Shadow Tag itself isn't banned, just that Wobuffet + Shadow Tag = Tier 0.

To be fair Azoth those are all completely different Darkrai there's more than 1 Darkrai. If anything it just means ones super OP, one's super weak and one is retardedly evil.

I suggest making separate keys then if thats the case. Because we shouldnt call inconsistency on this if its darkrai who have absolutely no connection to each other whatsoever.

Anime4Life2020 said:
To be fair Azoth those are all completely different Darkrai there's more than 1 Darkrai. If anything it just means ones super OP, one's super weak and one is retardedly evil.
I suggest making separate keys then if thats the case. Because we shouldnt call inconsistency on this if its darkrai who have absolutely no connection to each other whatsoever.
That's the problem, though. If Darkrai is a species (which is weird, because unlike something like Heatran, where they're just supposed to be insanely uncommon and powerful, it's commonly suggested there's only one Darkrai), their power levels are insanely different.

One of them held off two tier 2 gods who were causing the collapse of reality by their fighting.

The other lost to Sceptile.

Well it should be clear that there's more than one Darkrai. The anime has shown 4 of them

One being from the movie

One being with Tobias

One being on that island fighting Creselia

And another one that showed up in XYZ and gave nightmares to Pikachu Meowth and Squishy.

4 different darkrai so there must be a species of some sorts, even if its a small one. Otherwise if it really was the same darkrai then Ash would have insta recognized it as the movie specific darkrai, not just A darkrai.

Anime4Life2020 said:
I left out the words "in the games" after what I said in the parentheses. The anime treats Darkrai like a species, but the games do not. Darkrai is almost exclusively referred to as a singular entity, in those. This is in contrast to something like Heatran, whereas all media portrays it as a species, albeit a very, very, very rare and powerful one.

Sapphire
Blazike has incredibly strong legs - it can easily clear a 30-story building in one leap. This Pokémon's blazing punches leave its foes scorched and blackened.
Emerald A Kirlia has the psychic power to create a rip in the dimensions and see into the future. It is said to dance with pleasure on sunny mornings.
Alpha Sapphire Compressing the energy from its internal core lets it fire off an attack capable of blowing away a mountain. (Gigalith)
Alpha Sapphire Golduck is the fastest swimmer among all Pokémon. It swims effortlessly, even in a rough, stormy sea. It sometimes rescues people from wrecked ships floundering in high seas.
Omega Ruby Dragonite is capable of circling the globe in just 16 hours. It is a kindhearted Pokémon that leads lost and foundering ships in a storm to the safety of land.
Omega Ruby Being consumed in Chandelure's flame burns up the spirit, leaving the body behind.
Omega Ruby The fin on Mudkip's head acts as highly sensitive radar. Using this fin to sense movements of water and air, this Pokémon can determine what is taking place around it without using its eyes.
Alpha Sapphire In water, Mudkip breathes using the gills on its cheeks. If it is faced with a tight situation in battle, this Pokémon will unleash its amazing power—it can crush rocks bigger than itself.
Sapphire Machamp is known as the Pokémon that has mastered every kind of martial arts. If it grabs hold of the foe with its four arms, the battle is all but over. The hapless foe is thrown far over the horizon.
Diamond It punches with its four arms at blinding speed. It can launch 1,000 punches in two seconds. (Machamp)
and...

White Darumaka's droppings are hot, so people used to put them in their clothes to keep themselves warm. Dafuq people!?
Also, apparently, Pokemon Generations ep.1 airs in 2 days.

Neat. Blue vs Elite Four has me hyped the most.

Also, Just wanna ask, but how does the PKMN canon work here?

SomebodyData said:
Neat. Blue vs Elite Four has me hyped the most.
Also, Just wanna ask, but how does the PKMN canon work here?
Games are primary canon, I believe. Show and manga are secondary canon, and can be used as long as it's not for something outlandish that blatantly contradicts the games.

Though due to the Delta Episode, it is quite possible that everything is technically "canon", as even alternating games (Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire) and originals which were later remade (Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald) are just parallel realities which still exist.

Well, if it doesn't contradict what is shown in the games (Blue beating Lance and becoming champion and all), then it is fine for the "never-before-seen" episodes of the new miniseries to be canon, my headcanon at the very least.

In the latest episode of XYZ, all the Zygarde cells on the planet were traveling very quickly to the two Zygarde cores, also Lysandre got presumably disintegrated by Complete Zygarde.

If you want you can make them in googledocs or something so you can have them ready to publish when we get the OK to add them

I forgot, but Gyarados has some great feats too. Why did we only rate him at Town level again?

Generation I

Red Rarely seen in the wild. Huge and vicious, it is capable of destroying entire cities in a rage.
Blue
Yellow Brutally vicious and enormously destructive. Known for totally destroying cities in ancient times.
Stadium Extremely vicious and horribly brutal. Has enough destructive power to totally annihilate even a major city.

Delibird feat comes from the Pokèmon Adventures manga which is possibly secondary canon, it may not be accepted, also the first teaserof the Sun and Moon anime has been revealed and it's very bad, worse than i expected.
GMqeloM

I enjoy the animation style they went with, but everything else is kind of...meh. Since they said it was gonna be school themed, I was hoping for something like Soul Eater but with 'mons which in hindsight is probably never gonna happen.

Is the footage really choppy for anyone else, by the way?

I can agree with the craptastic quality of Sun Moon.

If this is what the final product's gonna be, I'm gonna swoon.

Pokemon sun & moon
Derpemo

It looks like Ash got pulled out of a studio Ghibli movie and thrown into a grinder or something.

And apparently, he's a super saiyan now.

Ghibli ash
Ghibli ash2
Super Saiyan Ash is super ******** looking

The real cal howard said:
Give it a chance, guys.
Even if it turns (a little) good, it will not reach the popularity of the Kanto, Hoenn, Kalos series, this series will be outclassed by Generations, like it happened before with the Black/White 2 anime promo and Pokèmon Origins.

^ Me and my buddies are gonna watch it when it comes out. I don't think it looks horrible or anything, just underwhelming. At this point in my life, I go into watching anime expecting horrible animation so I don't really mind the "quality" of it.

Dark649 said:
The real cal howard said:
Give it a chance, guys.
Even if it turns (a little) good, it will not reach the popularity of the Kanto, Hoenn, Kalos series, this series will be outclassed by Generations, like it happened before with the Black/White 2 anime promo and Pokèmon Origins.
Well, people said that about sinnoh, but look what happened there

It's always best to give things chance, judging something right off the bat is no always good

I wouldn't have minded at all too, if they didn't show this crap after the beautifully animated XY series.

Pokemon ash generations

That's a fair point, the animaiton is a huge downgrade from XY which looked great. I like the new style though.

Peter "Quicksilver" Maximoff said:
It's always best to give things chance, judging something right off the bat is no always good
That's ok, but i'm tired of Ash and the fashion of him traveling through every regions, i just want a full pokèmon anime series that is different like Origins and Generation, however they both have a bad pacing because of the short lenght of the episodes, but i wish for a full series like Adventures, but the chances are very very low.

I personally have no troubles with the animation besides the art work could possbily get better.

For example the Boruto manga started off as shit with its cancerous artwork and look what happened its getting much better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back